74.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'June Jewels' - Precious and shining through :)

Re: 'June Jewels' - Precious and shining through :)

Welcome Marion xx
Cress. I'm so sorry to read you post and I'm sending you big hugs. It is no means trivial. It must have been very frightening for you all. I hope things get sorted sand it's not too much of a set back xx

Evening Jewels
What a lot of post since I last logged on!

Marionblue - a big welcome to the Jewels, I think we are a good bunch and am sure you will get support from us all.

Jayney - all the best for tomorrow. As we all agree, all this waiting is the pits. Let us know how you get on.

Cress - so sorry to hear about your son's condition. It's not fair that one family has so much going on all at once.

Melrose - your son sounds like a star, what a lovely family occasion for you! I've got a lovely boy too (I say boy, he's nearly 23!)

Having read all the posts, I am seriously confused about medication we can and cannot take. Think I'll book in with my GP before chemo starts!

I'm watching BGT too, with my new ipad on my lap. Decided I deserved to be spoiled - I'm not very good with it, so this post may be full of errors.

All have good evening - virtual hugs to all

Fiona
xx

Evening Ladies,

Quick check in before BGT and Corrie start! (I lead such a sad life!!!)

Jayney, all the best with your results tomorrow, Im sure all will be fine. There's probably not one of us on here that hasn't had the thought of 'what ifs' at some stage. I know I have and still do which is why Im getting a bit twitchy now with all this waiting around. Keep imagining being invaded by all these stray cells etc etc.

Melrose aww your son sounds lovely, so glad you all had a nice time on his birthday. Im sure he genuinely is proud of his Mum too!!(sniff sniff you'll start me off again!!!)

Cress that's such a worry about your son on top of everything else, I hope it was maybe just a one off setback for him and that you're feeling a bit better about it all soon.

Welcome to Marion, glad you seem to be coping with your chemo regime so far.

All this painkiller malarkey sounds a bit daunting doesn't it, think I need to practice with my new ear thermometer too as every time I take my temp its different!! (Must be my hormones!)

Had lots of lovely fresh air and nice walks in the sunshine today (no more hangover you'll all be pleased to know!) It was very windy though and I was musing how good job not at Wig stage yet as it could have flown off and landed on a sheep or something!!

Anyway hope you all have a pleasant evening...xxx

Evening lovely ladies,
Hope you have all been coping in your own way...ive had a few cancer free moments, but also its been the topic of conversation at times too. I guess thats the way it will be until all treatment is done.
Big hugs Cress, cant be an easy time for you just now, hope you have people in your corner for support.
Good Luck Martha for wednesday, youre a pioneer for the Jewels, and will be able to tell us all of your experiences. Im thinking i may be the last to start the chemo as im still to have my scans then first oncology appointment.
Bit worried about the need for a chemistry/science brain with all the drugs/medicines you can/cant take and what goes with what etc..Does this get explained to you, or are you given a booklet etc as i dont even have a medicine kit or thermometer, just a couple of plasters and a half empty box of out of date paracetemols lol :-).
Doing a couple of half days at work later this week just to see how it goes, although im still a little restricted in movements on my left side, im just wanting to get a bit of normality back before chemo starts. Time seems to drag since ive had the mx/anc and am back waiting for the next stage to commence.
Well, hope you all make the most of the sunny evening, and catch up tomorrow.
xx

Hi....just to offer some 'live' experience with the painkiller comments feom earlier. Agree with funki and lola that paracetamol is usually prescribed by Onc or chemo team as the first line of defence mild painkiller, keeping on eye on temp before you take them as suggested. Often combined with ibuprofen for GCSF (neulasta) white blood cell boosting injections as they can give you 'bone ache'... codeine can exacerbate constipation which is why you're usually advised to steer away from it during chemo, unless it's combined with paracetamol (co-codamol). if you experience the bone aches from Docetaxol (the T part of FEC-T) if a para/ibu combination is ineffective, Onc will prescribe something stronger e.g. Diclofenac, co-codamol or even oramorph. All the best to everyone starting their chemo in the next few days..........this time next year you will feel like 'experts' about lots of things that have probably never crossed your mind before! As someone who took less than 10 painkillers a year, I went through over 300 during chemo!

Wrote a long ranty post which has somehow gone astray - but wanted to offload, so I'm trying again - please forgive me if the original one turns up - I know there have been some issues recently.

So, there I was, feeling a little sorry for myself and thinking 'hell' things can't get much worse, and then they did. My adorable (in my eyes anyway!) 14 year old son had an epileptic fit on Saturday while having a trial session for contact lenses. He developed epilepsy at 12 but we have had it under control for the last 16 months or so. Not only was this the worst seizure he'd ever had, but it puts us back to square one in terms of being 'two years seizure free' which is the benchmark we live by. He is so disappointed by it all and I am overwhelmed in feeling this for him. Now I just can't stop crying and I no long know what it is I'm actually crying about. I know this all seems trivial compared to what some people are going through, but I'm on my own and really feeling it right now!!

Thanks for listening and love to you all! Cress xx
p.s. Thinking of you Martha, good luck for Wednesday xxxx

Hi Jewels,
Just popping on (having a break from the sun and the wind outside).
Just wanted to wish everyone well that has got appointments this week.
Martha - Hope everything goes really well for your first chemo. I know you are one of the first of our group to start, but look on it as you will be one of thr first ones to finish. Will pop in before then anyway but sending you an extra big bank holiday hug.
Deedee, TaylorJ, Jayney, fiona - hope all our appointments for tests, results, headstrong go well - another thing off the tick list.
Spurs I have written down you are at something this Thurs but I havent written what it is - is it Chem?o - hope whatever it is goes well and we are all here to support you.
Emma - glad you had a good time for your sons birthday (he sounds like a very nice young man)
Marion - welcome to the Jewels. Your are not a wimp being worried about injections, think we all feel like this to some degree.
To all the other Jewels, sorry if I have missed anyone, or any upcoming dates for any of you, hope you are doing ok and looking after yourselves.
Take Care
Faye

Afternoon Jewels
I had a lovely day yesterday celebrating my son's 18th. Too much wine was drank so I am a bit slow and exhausted today.
Maxie, I know how you feel. My son gave a lovely speech, although drink induced 😉 saying how proud he was of me and how, although he hadn't said it before, he thought i was very brave. He thanked everyone for being there and supporting us through the last few months. As you can imagine tears were shed 😞
ChelleB15 and Marie, funny what has happened with the pictures. I hope Chelle"s picture isn't you before you lost your hair Marie, that'd be too wierd. A koala who can type!!
Fiona and Maxie, I too have a family history of heart problems and have a small hole in my heart. I'd read on a previous thread that chemo is hard on your heart so when they hadn't mentioned it to me I asked and now i'm booked in this week for an echo scan (I think thats what it is!) There was no mention of an injection like Martha had so i'm hoping there isn't one because I'm going on my own and I'm a real wuss when it comes to needles.
Jayney, Good luck for tomorrow. Its awful how our imagination runs wild when we're in the 'waiting room' xx
Martha, I'll pop in before Wed to send you off with hugs. Once you're on the train we'll all be jumping aboard to keep you company xx

Hi everyone. I've not joined in on a forum previously as I did not want talking about cancer to be my life. However, I now realise from reading your posts how helpful it can be to discuss what is going on with treatment problems and that it can really stop you going nuts. I had a mastecomy with centinel node biopsy on 12th April. Grade 11 size 2.5cm. The rest of the breast tissue and lymph node were clear. I was whooping with joy when I was told I would be advised to have chemo in case a rogue cell had got out which could cause secondaries. That rather took the edge off. Took a few days to think about it but there didn't realyy seem to be much choice. Don't want to go through this again. I started THC on Friday 24th May. It was a long day but was surprised how well I felt afterwards having spent most of the day being given a horiffic list of side effects which could occur. I woke up on Saturday with a red, hot, itchy face which didn't go away so phoned the cancer centre for advice and was told to take an antihistamine tablet. It's now Sunday afternoon and no real improvement so have taken another one. I woke at 05.15 this morning with nasty acid reflux which thankfully lasted only about 15 minutes and have been rather acidy all day. I have some omeprazole so will take one tonight and hope for the best. The district nurse has just been to administer my first dose of Nivestim and is coming back tomorrow to see if I can do this on my own (bit squeamish). Only once a day thankfully. Hate the sound of the bone pain which has been mentioned, just see how it goes I suppose. As I am on my first course, I don't know whether to go with with paraceamol regime or wait and see what happens. The mastectomy now seems like the easy bit. I was a few hours into y treatment when I wondered what on earth I was doing having all this poison injected into me but I know it's really the only sensible road. I have had my hair cut short as I couldn't face a full head shave straight off and have my wig as pictured and some pretty scarves so I'm good to go. Just wish the chemo wasn't so scary. Hope to hear from you.
Love Marion
Update, Monday Bank Holiday. couldn't get it together to inject myself today, nurse had to do it, so having another go tomorrow. what a whimp. Feel like having to inject my stomach for 7 days is the straw that breaks the camels back. My hot itchy face has cooled down so thats good.

Hi Lola

At the moment, the only drugs I'm 100% on is the FEC apart from that, I haven't got a clue what they are goind to give me. There has been no mention of jabs, but I have been told that I will have anti-sickness meds to take home.

I'll be sure to ask them everything on Wednesday. I've got my treatment book, so I'll get them to write everything in there 😉

Take care
Martha xxx

Hi Martha,

I agree with Funki. Paracetamols are essential if you are on blood boosting jabs or/and Docetaxol. My oncologist prescribed Paracetamols to be taken as follows:

On single blood boosting jab - 2 x 500 tablets immediately after jab and continue like a course for 3 days then stop. (whether in pain or not) No more than 8 tablets in a day. Not sure what you do if you get the week long every day jabs.

Take temp before tablets. This has worked for me. I've had 2 Neulasta jabs so far, with nothing more than minor aches that didn't bother me.

I should add that any anti-inflammatories such as Neurofen or Ibuprofen should not be taken at the same time as your steroids.
Also, make sure you know exactly what meds the chemo unit gives you with your infusion, and what they give you to take home. Some of the anti-sickness meds react with Paracetamol. The Paracetamol instruction leaflet names them all.

Good luck with your first lot on Wednesday xxx

Funkilala - Thanks for the info. My chemo nurses told me to stay away from those. As I usually take Nurofen, I feel lost taking something else lol. I'll see how I get on with the codine and if that doesn't work, I'll be back to Nurofen 😉

Jayney - The waiting room is the very worst part of this whole ordeal. When I received my results, like you, I was expecting the worse. In my mind, I had said goodbye to my whole family etc. I was fortunate that I received clear margins with no node involvement and now I'm on the chemo train.

I know it is hard to say, but keep positive. I will keep everything crossed for you for tomororw. Please do let us know how you get on.

Take care
Martha xxxx

Joan Thanks for the support. I am getting biopsy results tommorrow and I am getting more terrified by the hour. My son has been with us this weekend and it has been lovely but now he is going back I am feeling desperately sad that I may not see him for much longer. I have convinced myself that it is the worst case scenario and I canot face seeing the Dr tommorrow. he is quite blunt and I fell apart last time I saw him. I get such a lot of support from all the lovely ladies on here - you are right that no one knows how it feels until they are in our positionl. Good luck and positive vibes coming your way from me. jxxx

Martha you can take paracetamol and Nurofen. You just need to take your temp before you take either of them and then 4 hours later before you take anymore.
You may find you need Paracetamol or Nurofen for bone pain if you are having the white cell boosting injections.

Well, I've just been to the docs and come out from the chemist with a big bag of stuff.

Hypromellose - Eye drops for when my eyes get dry and a little itchy.
Codeine Phosphate Tablets - For a sore head as paracetemol and neurophen lower your temp so if you have a high temp and a headache and take paracetemol, then your high temp will go down and it could potentially mask another bug.

Movicol - For the constipation - I won't expand on that lol

I've still got a few bits & bobs to get, but I'm almost at the end of my chemo shopping list.

I hope all you jewels are shinning today.
Martha xxxx

Hi jewels,
How r you sll this morning?
Maxi 🙂 hope you are feeling better today hangover free lol, I haven't had word yet bout when ive to have a heart scan but I do ive to have on just dont know when. Got oncologist on wed and CT scan this thurs so hopefully should find out then like you I too have heart problems in family.
Martha:) will find out details of how your first chemo was. Good luck for that xx
Deedee xx

Hi Maxie - I think alcohol makes you a bit more emotional anyway and with having 1 too many lol it has more than likey heightened your emotions. I'm glad you had a good cry though, it works wonders for me 😉

DeeDee, that is the perfect attitude to have, you will get through this and come out the other end. I want to try the race for life, so might sign up for it next year 😉

I hope you are having a good day today.

Take care
Martha xxx

Hi Jewels,
Well we update for you all. Have been visiting my niece she got a mx and lymph nodes removed plus reconstruction she is doing well has already went through chemo as well so if can get through this no problem, so can i . Just wish it would hurry up and start .
Went to race of life today to see my daughter and my other nieces in it they did really well was quite emotional but a great day and well done to all who took part
Hope yous are all well and will catch up tomorrow

Deedee xx

Evening Jewels,

Well what was I saying in my last post about the crying getting less!....went out last night for a few glasses of vino with OH as know pretty soon prob won't be able to, anyway had a very nice time but one drink too many I think (hic!) as by the end of the night the tears were flowing!...let out a lot of things that I've been bottling up. Felt rough as hell today and missed most of the lovely sunshine...that'll teach me!!

Fiona I've not been told yet re heart scan but Im going to ask for one anyway as have a family history of heart probs, maybe mention to your BCN? Seems this scan is done very close to the chemo starting from what I've read on prev threads, with some people even having it on same day as 1st chemo.

Martha, wishing you all the very best for Weds, we're all behind you!!...can't wait to see your new hairdo too!

Welcome to Janey, so great being able to chat with others in the same boat!!

Night night all....xxx

Thank you Amber your words of encouragement are welcomed.

I've read through the AAA thread and I know that everyone approaches the first session with a littl trepidation. I've just got a few bits & bobs to buy for my chemo caddy and I think Im all sort. I've read on one of the threads about Thistle Milk, so Im off to H&B tomorrow to see what I can get.

Spoke with OH tonight and we've decided on a radical pixie cut for tomorrow so I'll make sure I update my profile pic.

Take care
Martha xxx

Hi Martha,
just popped in from the Awsome Aprils to wish you luck for Wed. It's definately doable and not so bad once you get started, Iam half way through now can't believe its gone so fast. I found it helpful to keep a diary so you can look back and know what to expect and on which day for your next cycle.
take care and wishing all the Jewels minimal s/e
go tick that box x

Aww ladies - Thank you all so much for your support. It is very much appreciated.

I'll go in there on Wednesday and kick ass lol.

Emma - you made me laugh with your frankenboob 😉 I hope you are ok but if you feel it getting worse, go see your bcn.

Take care xxxxx

Martha go strut yourself and show em what you're made of on Weds. I'll be sending love, hugs and positive thoughts your way xx keep calm & carry on X
I've got a load of swelling come up where the incision is for the SNB and its really solid and the area feels completely numb and I've had more pain in my Frankenboob today than any day. I've convinced myself that my stitches are dissolving and I'm going to wake up tomorrow with my boob hung open (What the hell does this disease do to our minds hey!)
I'm off to spend a few days with my parents and taking my mum wig shopping and to get my hair cut. Think I might buy a cross stitch as I used to find them very therapeutic but never seem to have time these days but I'm sure I'll have a few hours/days/weeks to fill soon x
enjoy the bank holiday jewels - hugs xx

Hi Martha I too wish you the best of luck for Wednesday. Big hug from me, hope you have a restful night. xxx

is awful. The very best of luck and all my best wishes for Wednesday. I think you're the first of the Jewels to get started, so we'll all be rooting for you 100%.

(Sorry this is part 2 of my message - I don't know what I did to post half of it. I am doing so many stupid things these days - you all understand, heads elsewhere most of the time).

Fiona
xx

Hi Artemis

You are so right, I think the sunshine does cheer the soul a bit. As there is rain forecast for tomorrow, I'm going to go ipad shopping - figure it will be a useful companion to while away the hours we're going to pass at hospitals waiting, having treatment etc.

Hi Martha

Sorry to hear you are so anxious. You are so strong in lots of your posts and so supportive of everyones else. I know exactly what you mean - all the WAITING

Good evening Jewels

I decided to have a cancer free weekend. I hope you have all been enjoying the bank holiday sun along with a few glasses of wine 😉

Fiona - I had a heart scan. 2 isotope injections, and then 15 mins lying on my back doing nothing and then it was over. All rather boring really xxx

As I've said, I was having a cancer free weekend until last night when the palpatations started. I've an awful pain in my chest and back and I can't seem to shake it. I know it's just anxiety and I'll be fine. I just can't wait until Wednesday to get my chemo started.

Keep shinning xx

Hi Girls 🙂
Just had a lovely walk, the sunshine definately makes things seem better....its good theres a few of you in similar areas, wonder if your paths will cross...
Fiona, im not having a heart scan but i am having a bone scan next week and then an MRI scan before my chemo starts, although ive no idea what type of chemo it wil be yet. I had MX and ANC and it was found to have travelled hence the scans i think...im not good at being patient so want to get dates for it all, although have been told it will be 6 weeks after surgery that i will have chemo, to let things settled.
Oh, i have an tissue expander too, and they left quite a lot of skin which gives me a boob of sorts,, does anyone else have that??
Enjoythe rest of the sunny weekend, think its meant to rain tomorrow..
xx

Hi everyone

I resolved to have a weekend off, NOT thinking about cancer, but I'm stressing a bit about heart scans, Most of you seem to be having one and I'm not. The oncology nurse mentioned that heart problems could be a side effect of chemo, but nothing more.

I've had a mx and second op for node clearance. 2 out of 16 nodes are positive and the surgeon and oncologist have both said they are confident they have removed all cancer cells - the chemo (and rediotherapy after) are an "insurance policy" and a "belt and braces" approach to be sure.

Will be having 3 FEC and 3 TAX - anyone similar to me who is having a heart scan or anyone know more than I do?

Thanks Jewels - hope sun shining everywhere, it is here
Fiona
xx

Hi Jayney234

Welcome to the Jewels, hope you find it useful to be in our group. If you read back through some of our comments, you'll see how kind everyone is in keeping us all going. Also, it's good to talk about stuff that no-one else really understands, as they're not in our shoes!

Best wishes,

Fiona
xx

How very bizzare! I updates my profile this morning and it was showing me the pic I uploaded and now shows me my old pic???
Has it changed back to my old profile pic now or is it still Maries pic?
Marie - I'm the twin you never knew you had! 😄 Same chemo - same profile pic (maybe its cost cutting on the site lol)

Hi Jayney, it's good you've come on here. I'm in the same boat as you - I have to have chemo to shrink the lump before I can have a mastectomy, and I've been having all the tests for spread this last week. I've been in an awful state about it and I still have my moments of absolute panic. But now I'm making a determined effort to stay positive. One lovely doctor at my bone scan this week told me that large tumours oftern advance locally and don't necessarily spread, so I am trying to hold onto that thought.
This might make me sound really crazy, but I've been reading "Love, Medicine and Miracles" by Dr Bernie Siegel, a cancer surgeon from Yale. He talks about how nobody really understands the link between our mind, our immune system and cancer and how people can strongly influence their health by believing their treatment can work or even if they believe strongly enough that other therapies they use will work. So I am trying to visualize the rest of my body as healthy, the lump as surrounded by an iron wall in my breast so it can't spread and imagine my immune system as fighting hard and winning. Can't hurt anyway! It's a book I would really recommend.
The CT itself is nothing to worry about. Just try to take it one day at a time and we're all here when you need us.
Joan xx

ChelleB15, something weird going on you have my old picture as your profile pic please tell me that is not you and that s me when I
had hair lol
Marie

Good afternoon Jewels hope the sun is shining for all of you today. Chelle and Flip Flop I will be having chemo in Doncaster then rads in Sheffield. Just spotted that Nanniereeree's old photo is on your messages above Chelle not sure how that has happened?

Evening all,
Hope you have all enjoyed the sun today if it was out near you.
Chelle I'm in Hull so not too far from you, having treatment at Castle Hill hospital in Cottingham, it's only 15 mins away so quite handy. TaylorJ where abouts are you in Yorkshire?
Welcome to the jewels Janey.
Hope everyone has a god nights sleep.
Faye

Jayney - welcome to the Jewels. The awaiting results has been the hardest part so far because your mind convinces you it will be the worst outcome but most times its not the case so try to stay positive. I think most of us have felt better once the tests are done and we have a plan of action. Get that wine flowing and have a good time with your son Xx

Hi I will be joining you in June. Getting my results Tuesday this week. Consultant has already said I need cmx to shrink tumour and no doubt I will find out other nasties on Tuesday. Have got ct scan following week and I am absolutely terrified that it has spread - suddenly I ache everywhere. Not good place. Son with me this weekend so trying to keep it together and wine helpingxx

Evening Jewels,
Had a nice day out in the sunshine so feeling good.
Emma - hope you have a great day tomorrow (if you're son is awake lol) and I'm going to try and get a Headstrong appt booked as they run them in Leeds. I'm also getting tips off the younger generation as my cousin has had alopecia since she was about 5 so she's going to help me pick my wig. I was considering getting my eyebrows tattooed on but it looks painful and expensive so I'll manage for a few months.
Hi Maryland - thanks for dropping in we appreciate all the tips we can get.
Vicki - glad you had a nice day in the sun xx
Fiona - not seen the Great Gatsby but let me know if you see it as I've fancied that film as well xx
Faye & TaylorJ - few of us from Yorkshire - are either of you having treatment at Jimmy's in Leeds?
Rest of the ladies - have a great night and a wonderful tomorrow
keep shining jewels - luv to u all and gentle cyber hugs xx

Hi Vicki. Shame there isn't a headstrong or feel look good session near you. It's worth going to, even if you need to travel. I went along the headstrong and got lots of ideas , which have helped me decide on my headwear come the dreaded 'bald' phase! Eek! You Tube is a great source of ideas too. There's a site called 'eyelineHerBlog' which is full of useful tips for eyebrows, lashes and scarves.
Talking of eyelashes, I had a go at false ones. What a disaster!! As a mum of three teenage boys I'm having to call in the services of my friends daughters to teach me. So a fun evening learning the art of fakery is on the cards Sometime soon 🙂
Tomorrow we celebrate my sons 18th with a BBQ. That's if he can stay awake long enough. He was home at 3am this morning, worked all day and is out tonight. Oh to be young And carefree xx

Hi Vicki.....the Look Good Feel Better workshops are run by a charity....if you haven't seen their websige, the link is

http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/site/index.cfm

you can search on the workshops tab to see which ones are closest to you. My treatment was last year, the session I attended was useful and fun, and the products to take home were fab....hope you can find one local to you

Hi again, what a beautiful day...went for a potter in town and have just been sat int eh garden, even got a tan :). Amazing how much better the sun can make us feel.
Faye no change with the swelling, in fact because its all around the expander i look as if ive got a matching pair and thats without Wilson (my softie) in...but it is a little heavy feeling.
Fiona thanks for the info, ive just checked online but unfortunately theres nothing local to me, but if anyone hears any fab tips would be great if you can pass them on!.
have a good evening one and all
Vicki x

Hi Artemis17

Headstrong and Look Good Feel Better are both run (I think) by Breast Cancer Care. Ask your BCN if any in your area or have a look around this website (I think it tells you which locations offer which services.)

Headstrong is run by trained volunteers and shows how to manage with scarves etc (and I think you get a free scarf if you go along to a session). I've booked one for Wednesday next week, so will let you know how it goes.

Look Good Feel Better is about tryng out make-up for eyebows etc and beauticians are brought in to run these sessions. I have booked one of these, but they were all fully booked until October. I was encouraged to book it anyway, even though I should be all done with treatment by then. The lady I spoke to said it should be a nice treat and you get a really good bag of freebies to take home.

Hi to all fellow ranters!!
Thanks all who responded to my rant this morning - I felt better just tapping the keys (VERY hard) and letting it all flow. It is so comforting and reassuring to know that you have the experiences and feel the same way. It can all be so isolating, can't it, if you think you're the only one who feels angry, irritated, patronised etc.?

Hope you all enjoying the sunshine - it's lovely here and I'm in the garden planting some seeds - easy ones that will look after themselves! Might go to see the Great Gatsby at the cinema over the weekend. Anyone seen it yet?

Fiona
xx

Hi Faye I am from Yorkshire too! Don't beat yourself up about the crying as I did exactly the same thing a few weeks ago in a restaurant when all around me seemed to be having a carefree time and I wished I was too. Hugs enjoy your Saturday. Must get out now as OH pacing up and down and rattling his car keys.

Morning Jewlels,
The sun is shining in yorkshire, so I am going to try to as well as get out of my little mood. I also cry a weird times - like in the pub yesterday for no reason so it seems, although think it is the fact the everyone around you is having a nice time and not dealing with this (I am gettng bitter and twisted aren't I).
Welcome TaylorJ.
Vicki - Hope your swelling goes down soon.
Everyone else enjoy walks, wines etc. (I need to do a list of us all).
Hugs
Faye

Thanks Nanniereeree I will make sure that they are all on my list! I am off for a walk in the sun with my OH then will call in at a tearooms afterwards. Just have to try and do some nomal stuff and enjoy today instead of worrying about tomorrow.(Easier said than done I know). Xx

Hello Jewels,
Well it's a bank holiday weekend and the sun is out so something's wrong!
Feeling half human again after my bath (treated myself to about half a bottle of bubble bath and looked like a prune afterward!)
I've had all the same comments of how many people they all know who got through it and that its only a bit of flesh etc etc. I do feel sorry for some people though as the genuinely just don't know what to say for the best, one girl at work just emails me every day with the word 'Hugs x ' and that cheers me up.
So is anyone doing anything nice on this fine bank holiday weekend? Think we are going to drive to the Yorkshire Dales and go for a walk, the fresh air should do me good and then I fancy a big roast dinner with all the trimmings as I've hardly eaten over the past few days.
Have a fab weekend and keep shining xx

Ladies just a heads up I got bottles of mouth wash in my stash from chemo room along with anti sickness, steroids and injections hopefully you will all get them as well .
Keep your chins up ladies this is doable
Marie

Hi Artemis. I have a little swelling where the ANC scar is but surgeon said that it is not a seroma and should settle down. Fingers crossed that it will do just that! My shoulder seems fine but I just have a bit of stiffness on the inside of my forearm. I am doing the exercises 3 times a day which have got easier now that I am 2 weeks post op. I am also trying to walk as much as I can which think helps reduce swelling. Yes it will be great to chat to ladies who really do understand what an emotional rollercoaster we are all on. Enjoy the sunshine today everyone. Xx

Oh meant to say welcome taylorj, im another Mx & ANC, hows your arm/shoulder?. Im loving the ladies here, already such a help and just being able to bang on about things which other folk just dont get!!. 🙂

Hello lovely ladies 🙂
Its good to have you all to "chat" to, and know we are all inthe same boat. I too have had some right corkers of comments such as "youll get a nice long summer break from work then"...also "you wont have to worry about doing your hair cos you can just stick on your wig"...I also am fed up of hearing about so and so's aunty twice removed who is 70 getting through it all..Im sorry but im still considered young (ish) and am proud of my body so want more from life than just "surviving".
I do feel guilty when i know people are tryingto be concerned, but i dont like being put into a different catergory of person now just because ive got cancer.
Faye hope the swelling goes down, i too saw my gp yesterday, just to touch base but also because my MX was a skin saver with expander, and seems to be very full. Basically she said its fluid build up rather than lymphodema(?) so if its not gone by tues just to go up to the hospital and get it drained.
I finally have an appt, but only for the bone scan next friday, but at least its something.Not expecting chemo to start until the end of june as im only 2 weeks past the op but really hope i get to stay a Jewel lol...
Oh what is "head strong" and "look good" that some of you have mentioned?. Apart from organising to see a wig place next weekend (& thats only as theres nothing nearby, ive no idea what help i will get re payment) im a little in the dark about other things.
Oh well a long weekend, missing being able to go out on my boyfriends motorbike, but i cant get my leathers on just now lol...
Have a fun one ladies and catch up again soon
xxxx