Hi all thanks so much for your support after having a bad day yesterday.
Jayne and Jill
- hope you're feeling well after yesterday.
- sorry you've had such a bad time lately.
- you just made me laugh with your comment you'll be requesting a refund on the wig from China!
- Thanks for your support and for adding me to the huge list of Jewels! You're doing a great job. I'm speaking to my BCN today and hopefully she'll be able to advise why the chemo was changed. Thanks also too to Emma
for your support.
- Thanks for the virtual hug, I needed it! Sorry you've been having trouble with your picc line, hope things are settling down now - you seem very positive. It's good to talk with someone who understands how tough neo-adjuvant is, not so much physically but mentally. I too just want rid of it. I can't even bear to touch the area so I'm not sure if it's shrinking. Can I ask do you know yours is shrinking? I wasn't sure if you've already had confirmation? I won't know until my mammo/ultrasound next week (half way point) to check if the chemo is working and the waiting is a nightmare. If it's not then they'll change the chemo. From your point of view, it does seem strange to have AC when everyone else seems to be having FEC, but I agree what choice do we have? We have to trust their decisions and they must have good reasons even when it's not clear to us!
- I totally understand how you're feeling, you're not alone. The thought crosses my mind too how long the road ahead is, but a good friend gave me this advice - try not to think of the big picture. If you can, try and break it down into smaller pieces and just focus on the next week/treatment, not all the months ahead. This can make it a bit more manageable, although obviously it's not always possible and I do have thoughts like you did yesterday. Really hope you're feeling better today though. Sending you a cyber hug.
I'm feeling fine this morning and keeping well stocked up with anti-sickness meds. Grade 1 fuzzy felt hair is really coming out now! Had to go to A&E last night (a big bruise came up at the injection site and there were concerns about leakage but luckily it's just bruising), anyway it was the first time I'd been out in public with no hat or wig. I was so tired and emotional I just didn't care, but it was okay. Might go au naturel more often now!
Finally good luck to all the Jewels at the bar today, hope all goes well. xx