71092members
373653posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'June Jewels' - Precious and shining through :)

Maxie

Re: 'June Jewels' - Precious and shining through :)

Just had a looooong snooze!

Jill what a palavar for you this morn, fancy sending you all the way to the wrong part of hosp when it should've been them doing it ....ggrrr....just what you don't need! Hope you had fun with your GD & that the others didn't get to hear!!...x

Fiona I was asking about the Tax too & nurse told me same as you re less sickness etc. im still getting Emend too ,its worked for me I think but haven't tried chemo without it so who knows? Ditto re the painkillers, seems you take them before the pains kick in.
Your mum skyping sounds so funny!....aww bless her, I know my Uncle would be the same but his sights so bad he wouldn't be able to see me but he'd be amazed at the technology!

Debs well done, another fast drinker at the bar!....the drink things good advice but water tastes so vile its really hard not to drink sugar laden juices all the time just for the taste...Ive got the Mavala lash thing too & so far theyre holding out, think am more bothered about the lashes than my bald head to be honest as I love my mascara!!..would def need lessons in applying false eyelashes, every time Ive tried Ive made a right mess!! Eyebrows are thinning but can fill them in ok. Hope the thrush doesn't develop this time but at keast you're armed!....take it easy...x

Marion yes I probably am a fast real cocktail drinker too!...although the thought of alohol this last few weeks hasn't really appealed, will be a very cheap date in the end if it carries on! Goosberry crumble sounds delish & very healthy, ignore the sugar..a liitle of what you fancy!...x

Gus I really hope you will feel better by the weekend, surprising how quickly those neuts rise, could you maybe do what Myself & Chelle did & try & get closer parking / better toilets, a quick e-mail explaining your circumstances to the peeps running the venue can sometimes work wonders & will make attending easier for you. Worth a try maybe?...hope you don't have to cancel, you've had a rough couple of years & deserve some nice treats....good luck...xx

Chelle, still no word, how frustrating!.....Laughed my head off at your new profile pic, mainly because at the weekend my SIL tried on one of my wigs & he also looked the spit of Dave Hill!!!....we were roaring laughing as his face even looked like his!...maybe he's branched out into wig designing?!..x

Lola thats good of you to drop in with your Tax experience, nice to feel a bit reassured. Im more bothered about having an allergic reaction than the s/e's, especially as she said one symptom was you feel panicky!!....as an almost lifelong panic attack sufferer I'll prob have all the staff running round for a false alarm !! 😞

Just had some food now as was starting to feel a bit sicky, taken the anti- sickness & fingers crossed!

Have a nice restful evening Jewels xx
YB54321

Gus - bless you and going through all this when you've had such a loss and so recently. I hope the extra few days will as you said get you feeling in better shape to tackle the next round. Keep your chin up my lovely and we are all sending massive hugs. Your day will come soon for having great times away when all this BC rubbish will be a distant memory x

Cress- don't be daft thinking anyone would take offence on here (not really sure what you were apologising for - passed me by for sure!) You look fab with a polished head, me on the other hand - not so much - the random mad pigeon hair growth is prob on a parr with my bad perm and sun-in orange fringe that I sported when I was at school (electric blue eyeliner and pearl pink lipstick to finish off the ensemble) Mwah X

Marion - my wig was not pretty - how could it be so different to the one I tried on! Oh well I'll just have to see if any of the eBay ones I ordered fair better as I've already sent that one back
(also now have a hankering crumble!)

Debs - must be a great feeling knowing you've only got 1 left! Take it easy and well done on the gold star x

Sandra - you always struck me as the type who could knock a cocktail down without coming up for breath lol - it's not a race you know! Hope the SEs treat you kindly and keep your feet up x

Fiona - thanks for the info re pain killers. I'm going to check with my onc on Thurs as I'm not allowed to take codeine or ibuprofen whilst on the blood thinners but I suffer really badly with headaches so don't want to get caught out on Tax and not be able to take anything!

Jill - hope you are having a fun day with GD X

Am sure I have missed a load of people but my brain is fuzzy so love to everyone else. I rang the unit again this aft and the results are not back! Apparently it's a special test (special = slow!) so it's had to be sent to another hospital to do the testing! Useless. I'll speak to my onc on Thurs about it but at least the SEs seem to be subsiding

have a good evening all xx
Suffolklady

Thanks Marion xxxx
Marionblue

Cress - Absolutely no offence taken, never crossed my mind. Just telling it like it is, I'm vain. And honestly, if I went out Au Natural I would frighten the horses. Just wish I had your confidence

Marion
XXX
Suffolklady

Marion, and anyone else, I never meant to imply that those choosing to wear wigs were vain and I hope I haven't caused any offence. forgive me! Xxxx
Lola65

Hi Ladies,

Just to add to what the others have said. I had 6 lots of Tax (no FEC) and never felt sick once. They gave me a box of tablets to take home after my first cycle, the packet is still unopened in my cupboard. Also, I didn't lose all my hair and it started growing again from after cycle 3. It's still a spikey ball of fluff though. I also still have my brows and lashes (so far at least), so Tax isn't all bad! I can also say I have tolerated it vey well with minimum side effects, the only major one being fatigue.

Take care and good luck, Linda (Feb Valentine) xxx
Gussie_WW

Hello Jewels.
Was sent home early from the bar this afternoon – my neutrophils today were at 0.9 so cycle 3 is on hold till the end of the week, date TBC. Am still unhappy about this, but know I’ve been feeling under-par this time so hopefully a few more days and I’ll feel better. Dunno if it works like this, but I’m hoping that if I start from a higher neutrophil count, maybe I’ll fare better anyway. What I am gutted about is all the things I had planned for this weekend (a couple of Edinburgh Festival things booked long before my dx) which I bet I won’t feel up to. Will just have to see, of course. It’s hard to be rational though as me & my partner spent last summer (the last couple of years, really) unable to go on holiday & we missed a lot of festival stuff because she was so ill (she died early Sept). And now here am I, still unable to go on holiday and hey, likely having to cancel festival shows I’ve been looking forward to since April. FFS.
Sorry for the moan. Will regroup and post again later.
Marionblue

Debs - Posts crossed.. Glad your are back o.k.. Agree with what you say about TAX.
Regarding the wee issue, if I downed any more fluid I would be scared to go to bed and would have to sleep on the loo.

Marion
XXX
Marionblue

Afternoon Jewels

Fiona - Re: Docetaxol / Taxotere. I have had 4 cycles now and can honestly say I have never had any nausea / sickness. So hopefully, you will be o.k.. Nasty acid and wind though .

A dry day today and overcast so I have been to the allotment. Did some weeding and picked gooseberries and raspberries. Made a gooseberry crumble which looks good. I will have it with some glace as not as many calories as ice cream. I'm ignoring the amount of sugar I put in with the gooseberries I had forgotten how long topping and tailing gooseberries took.

Jayne - My eyebrows have thinned and the ones that are left seem to be sticking straight out from my brow which makes me look madder than usual. I think all my eyelashes are still intact though.

Sandra - 2 hours at the bar, is that a record? Hope you don't down them that quickly at the pub

Jill - It must be so annoying for you. You would think that it was fairly basic knowing where your bloods would be taken. GGGRRRRRR.

Chelle - Dave Hill eh! Would love to have seen it. Mine is due at the end of the week and I'm getting worried now. I actually ordered my wig on 1st July and have finally been promised it for Thursday or Friday so it had better be good or its going straight back.

Cress- I think I must be really vain as I can't imagine going out with a nude head. I look like something from a horror movie. I frighten myself if I catch sight of myself in a mirror. I do have some regrowth but it has a long way to go yet.

Marion
XXX
pointy

Hi Jewels
Been back from the bar about an hour now, no drama queen attention seeking today I'm glad to report. I got a gold star when I left for being a good girl Only one left to go now so can see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Apparently rads start three weeks after last poisoning and last for four weeks but at least once that is done, it is all out of the way.
I went Au Naturale again today, I am not bothering with anything else now as I have a nice even covering of silver white. Slapped a bit of mascara on as still (praying they hang on!) have fab eyelashes from the Mavala.
Spoke to ONC re the 'wee' issue and he said although no pain it is a form of cystitis caused by the nerve endings in the bladder being irritated. He said he could give me more steroids but really did not want to but advised drink drink and drink more water to dilute down the chemicals in urine. They slightly cut down the dosage of cyclophosmamide today to try and stop the oral thrush but sent me home equipped to deal with it JIC.
Those of you ladies heading onto Tax, dont worry, they told me it was not a sickness causing drug, so far (touch wood and whistle) I have had no sickness or even feeling of sickness. They do however give me steroids for three days, Emend for three days and an anti sickness drug straight into the canular and some to bring home (never need those really). I know everyone is different but I hopefully you won't find it any worse than the regime you are on now, just slightly different. The injections (as I think I mentioned before) do tend to cause monster headaches so paracetomol and ibuprofen together four hourly (check temp) help to alleviate.
Hopefully all ok for the other bar ladies today, can't respond to all today as need to go for a sit down now.
Have a good afternoon
Debs xxx
Suffolklady

Fona, sent you a pm x
YB54321

Afternoon Jewels,

Rang the unit this morning but got the answerphone so left message but no response yet!
Also received the wig that I tried on in Manchester but bought online at half the price but the fringe is about an inch shorter than the one I tried and I look like Dave Hill out of Slade so that's been returned!

It seems a few people who've had Emend are getting iffy side effects ...... Wonder if its the problem?

I was going to ask how people are doing on the eyebrow/lash front? I'm still slapping on the Talika stuff I bought and my eyebrows have thinned slightly but still pretty much hanging in there as well as my lashes. My hair also is growing in certain clumps so am thinking of buzzing it off because I couldn't go out with a naked head as I look slightly insane!

Glad to see some of the ladies are back from the bar already x

I need to bob out so I'll catch you later x
Glasgow_Girl

Crossed posts!
Sandra - great to hear fron you, have good long rest xx

Cassie - sorry you feeling rubbish, don't overdo the chores.

Fiona
Glasgow_Girl

Hi everyone

Been at clinic this morning, chat with doc, bloods taken ( bit of difficulty getting a vein, not happened before, so got a bruise, hope no probs on Thurs for the first Docetaxol).

Sandra, Debs and Gus - hope you all ok at the bar today and hope to hear from you all later.

Katherine - any changes to chemo dates, treatment etc are a pain. Easier said then done I know but try not to worry or panic or let imagination run away until you see onc again. Hope Friday will be trouble-free for you.

Emma (melrose) - so sorry you are suffering, lovely. The nausea and that spaced-out feeling are both horrid. You know you WILL feel better soon, hang on in there, big hugs xx

Faye - glad you feeling better today.

Cress - been to clinic this morning and asked loads about Docetaxol which I'm having for the first time on Thursday, after 3 FECs. Having suffered badly with nausea on FEC, doc said no nausea with Tax, but she would be prescribe me Ondansetron in case I "am anxious or panic or talk myself into feeling nauseous"!! But you say you're having Emend for nausea, I am so confused as I know you have felt very sick. She also advised that I take Co-Codamol on Friday evening to pre-empt the aching that should start on Saturday after I stop the steroids, which I have to take tomorrow, Thurs and Friday. Re nails she said to paint them with dark varnish. I have already bought Evonail as well. Is it just me, I am amazed at the different advice we sometimes get from our various oncs?
Re Skype, my Mum (86) comes on when she's at my sister's house. As I live far away from them it is great that she can see me as well as chatting on the phone, but she cannot comprehend the technology and every time is amazed that she can see me, then amazed that she can see OH, then son, then daughter etc. each in turn. She puts on her glasses and peers into the screen with wonder, it is so funny. I always put on Raquel and a bit of slap so she sees me at my best, don't arrange to Skype on those days when I look about 100, don't want her to worry.
Good for you rocking the au naturel look, love the sound of the smoky eyes make-up. I've always fancied that, but don't know how to do it. Make-up lessons in York?

Jill - hope GD does not tire you out this afternoon. A DVD and a few sweets is fine if you need a rest, doesn't make you any less a fab Grandma! What a shame you've had another debacle this morning, you are coping so well, hats off from me to you x

Enjoy your afternoons, sun is shining here again after the most awful heavy showers yesterday.

Fiona
xx
cassie1

FEX X 6 CYCLE 4 DAY 2
I didnt sleep well last night woke up at 3.00 lay there until 4.30 and then got up did some washing and went back to bed at 6.00 managed to sleep until 10.00, good job Im not at work today.
Ive been given EMEND this time and I must say its the worse I have felt, feel very sick and tierd, it might be because it is the 4th cycle..
Hi Katherine, I now how you are feeling I told ONC that I had a pain in my back near the top and he has ordered a bone scan for me on Thursday, that made me feel a bit anxious, what does he think it wrong? but I suppose we should be glad that we are been well looked after with a team who know what they are doing..fingers crossed xx
my eyebrows are now very thin and Ive got about 6 eye lashes left, Im trying to use false eye lashes but Im not very good at putting them on..

good luck to Sandra, Gus, Debs hope all goes well xx
Maxie

Hi All,

Speedy trip to the bar today there & back within 2 hours & that included 'hunt the vein' etc so pretty good! Feeling the usual slightly drunk feeling so just taking it easy the rest of the afternoon ED lent me a box set of Monty Python so that should bring a smile to my face if I can keep awake!

Cress I went au naturel to the unit today, I thought if I cant do it there where else could I? anyway they must be used to it as nobody batted an eyelid....very liberating!.....Weirdly my hair seems to be growing at the mo, have got lots of new spikes coming through but bald shiny patches on the sides....might start a new trend!
How many of the Docetaxel have you left to do before FEC? Is it just one more?

Emma so sorry that you're still feeling cr*p, really amazes me the differences in our reactions to these poisons, are you on FEC/T or 6x FEC?

Enjoy your lunch Faye!...:-)

Hoping to check in later if conscious!!

Sandra xxx
jmeg

Afternoon Jewels was really down yesterday about missed dose and the line then doc wouldnt take bloods because she didnt have form and everyone on chemo unit had gone home so another trip back to hospital today went to usual dept and got told need to go to pathalogy so drove over (hey its a big hospital) to be told no they dont do chemo patients so she rang unit who then said oh yeah one of ours so drove back finally got bloods done but first time she caught a nerve god did I scream feel so wimpy at the moment but she got there in the end arm wonderful shades of black n blue ,but given myself a good talking to and got to look at positives of line.
Ds took advantage of my delay by picking an extra shift up at work and conning me into having GD but looking forward to an afternoon of fun with her just keeping it quite from the other monsters this time lol
Reading all the posts everyone seems to of been so busy this week and really dont know how you manage to keep up with all the posts my brain just dosnt function any more but glad to see I am not the only one with the wee problem seems to be another unmentioned common SE.
Well going to pick GD up enjoy the rest of your day
Jill xx
Suffolklady

Morning lovelies
Good luck today Gus, Debs and Sandra
Jackie - you are allowed to supply sweets and dvd's as a parent. When my eldest was little, we had a video (showing my age) called 'a day full of songs' which we used as a bribe anytime we wanted some 'quiet time' - he loved it, and we got some peace!
Debs - I'm either really lazy or totally lacking in vanity - or both - as I tend to go 'au naturel' quite a lot now - especially in the evening when I've got some slap on. Been practising the smoky eye effect (facebook friends will have seen the Uncle Fester photo!) and I get lots of compliments! Plus it's been cool in this hot weather!
Marion - I also have had a vile taste in my mouth which has lasted longer this cycle. I spoke to the onc yesterday and I'm getting the fungal tablets earlier and for longer. At one point it looked as if I had swallowed white emulsion - YUK. Re scarves - maybe the reason I go bold and bald is that I look like an effeminate Laurence of Arabia.
Sandra so glad you had a good weekend - we need to make the most of them!
Taylor J - comedy is a great panacea. I've watched all three series of Gavin and Stacey for the first time, on Netfilx and chuckled very contentedly!
Fiona - I love Skype! I keep up with lots of friends that way - we could set up a Jewels group and have a group chat!!
Izzy - Hope the Tax is kind to you, I envy you going to France. I have a house there but it's very rural and I decided not to go over this summer - but now I wish I was!!! Bonnes Vacances!

Well, I've just about recovered from my weekend away - such a laugh! All ok at the onc - although i'm either going to get the single injection instead of the 7 daily ones OR they're going to slightly reduce the dose of the Docetaxel to try to make it a bit less miserable for me - it all depends on the hospital budget apparently. I am, however, going to get EMEND straight away - so hope it works for me!
Much love to everyone - hope you're all having a 'good' day. XXX
Flip_flop

Morning all,
tiredness and sickness seem to be easing up today after pioson on thurs.
good luck to sandra, gus and debs at the bar.
emma - sending a big wave to wash away your sickness.
fiona- glad you had lovely day yesterday.
chelle- hopefully some results in today, chin up sweetie.
izzy- great news about thr hols.
vicki- know you were a bit upset about rads but just think of the benefit once all done-big hugs
katherine- try not to worry to much about the stomache pains, i ache and have pains everywhere, prob something really simple or even i still think could be from the chemo
love to all other jewels, sorry havent replied to all ie gus, debs, emma, ann, joan, jayne, deedee and anyone else who has posted in last few days- when you dont post for a day or so its hard to catch up.
hope all awol jewels are ok.
off to get ready to go out or lunch.
catch you later
faye
Melrose15

Best of luck to Gus Debs and Sandra today. Hope the hangovers minimal.
I still feel crap! Wish I'd never taken the Emend. Know its probably a coincidence but I feel so spaced out and nauseous it's getting me down. And my head is sooo cold I've a constant headache :((
artemis17

Wishing quick service and down in one to Debs, Sandra and Gus today. Make sure you leave the bar restocked for us tomorrow ;-). Thanks for the encouraging words yesterday, I guess I like to pretend its all going well and im not affected whereas sometimes it just slaps you round the face, I just want to gain control of life again....

Take care and hope all well with our lovely jewels.

Xxx
Katherine10

hI everyone,
saw onc yesterday, changed my next visit to bar to 9th August, was going to make me stay in hospital for next cycle due to problems last time, then he changed his mind and said i could have it as an outpatient, trouble being friday, no one about again until the monday, so fingers crossed, also mentioned the severe abdominal pain he thinks it wasted a reaction to the chemo, so had to have an abdominal x-ray, so now really worried about result, suppose it is something nasty! not due to see him again until the 27th August so long wait, i think he has also extended the radiotherapy sessions, must ask him about that next time, brain didnt click in yesterday.
good luck to everyone today, thinking of you all, big hugs
love Katherine
deedee215

Just a wee quick note to say good luck Sandra, Debs and Gus for the bar tomorrow, will catch up with yous soon .
Deedee xx
Maxie

Izzy thats great that you've been able to delay hols!...:-)

Chelle can't believe you've heard nothing but hopefully means all ok, no news is good news as they say...hope you get good nights sleep & the tiredness improves..xx

Fiona, had good old fish & chips (didn't want to risk anything too spicy with bar visit in morn!) & they were yum!..my girls were both stroking back of my head too & saying soft like baby hair!..xx

Night night lovely ladies xx
Glasgow_Girl

Hey everyone, busier on here today, good to hear from so many Jewels. Lovely, long lunch with good friend today who spoiled me with gifts of a lovely plant, choccies and some perfume. We just chatted for ages and had tapas which was very tasty.

Jackie - hope you enjoyed shopping trip with your girls to Solihull. I used to live in Shirley, just off the Stratford Road, so Solihull was a frequent shopping haunt for me. DVD and sweets for your 10-year-old is fine, don't beat yourself up and I'm sure she enjoyed it. No tellng anyone to stuff the chemo I'm afraid - we will hunt you down and make sure you keep going like the rest of us. Come on, lovely, you can do it.

Ann - take the anti-sickness as long as you need to, that's what I was told. Glad you bit better today. Ditto re snapping heads off, usually OH, but I don't really feel guilty, we have good reason. Anyway he forgives me, keeps telling me how much he loves me etc...

Gus - yes, get occasional unannounced runny nose, always have tissue in pocket, prob lack of nose hair, it is a nuisance. What a hoot re the extra ASDA delivery bags, what were those people getting up to?? Never had anything missing from my deliveries, but have had 2 extra items, box of Weetabix and bottle of Vimto squash, nothing as exciting as your "extras".

Jill - what a horrid experience for you today, with what sounds like an untrained nurse. The delay is so frustrating for you, hope you will benefit from the extra week by being less tired, but it is a pain when you just want to get on with it and get it finished.

Vicki - lots of steroids with the Tax. Got to take 8 on Wed and 8 on Thurs before I even get the stuff on Thurs pm. Will keep you posted, if I'm not on the ceiling.

Debs - my daughter also tells me I "rock the bald head look" and have fab bone structure. She also keeps stroking back of my head and saying how soft it is.
Sounds like you had fab time with friends, just what you need to switch off and do normal fun things.
Do agree with the need to go quickly to the loo, can't really hang on these days. Also up every night to go too, never used to be. Possibly because I am awake anyway, such a lot of disturbed sleep.

Jayne - glad you back ok from the bar. Hope you get good sleep and plenty of rest.

Marion - great you feeling better and enjoyed trip to Llandudno. Love the sea-front there, it is so pretty.

Sandra - me too, lovely to chat, hope I didn't tire you out. Get good rest tonight ready for the fecking FEC #3 tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed your takeaway -Indian, Chinese??

Chelle - too bad no news from hospital today. Nag them tomorrow, hope you get results.

Izzy - glad you back ok, hope you sleep tight tonight. You've had lovely weekend, all sounds so enjoyable. Yeeees, you managed to defer the holiday to suit your cycle better, great.

Sandra, Debs, Gus - go tomorrow, take care, chins up xxx

Cuppa and some shortbread awaits, night-night all,

Fiona
xx
YB54321

Izzy - glad your trip to the bar went ok and great news about being able to delay the holiday a little. Am sure you'll enjoy it more having got through the worst days of SEs x
Izzy1969

Hi all

Back from the bar safe and sound (Cycle 4 - TAX) and no effects yet. Was disappointed to have a reduced dose again (25% less) for the second time as liver still not coping, hope it's better for the last two cycles because I'm worried I'm not getting the full monty.
Lots of jewels have obviously had really good weekends. I went to a jazz festival on Saturday afternoon with a friend and then to my neice's 18th birthday party in the evening and had a wonderful time. Then on Sunday me and the hubby grabbed a sandwich and sat on the clifftop overlooking the beach which was lovely even though it wasn't sunny, didn't put people off from going in the sea though!
Emma - sorry to hear Emend not working and hope the sickness is easing now.
Jill - sorry you were messed around today. They struggled to find a vein on me as well and although I've only got two more to go I'm seriously tempted to get a picc line. I don't know the difference between a hickman and a picc line. Finding a vein is definitely the worst part of chemo for me.
Ann - sorry you've been having a tough time and hope you're feeling better now.
Joan - Hope you have a good day at Chessington. I know what you mean about BC never being far from your mind. It doesn't matter what I'm doing or how much fun I'm having, it's never far from my thoughts.
Fiona - you sound as busy as ever! Good idea to squash it all in before Thursday.
Jackie - lol toe moustaches!!
Gus - I'm having a lumpectomy (is that a WLE) too. Hilarious about the Asda order, made me laugh
Vicki - That's a pain having to do a daily 50 mile round trip, but so worth it, it's a no brainer in the long run. Don't know much about rads - am thinking it's probably the most doable part of everything we're going through.
Debs - yes definitely going more often!!
Chelle - when you're next doing the list, my next visit to the bar is 27th Aug due to the bank holiday.
Anyway, great news - I've managed to change the dates of my holiday to France. Was due to go on Sunday but got really worried about being abroad at the lowest point in the cycle. Luckily I've managed to change to week later to go on my good week - amazing as flights and hotel were originally booked on a non-change non-refundable basis. I've been so worried, but now I can really look forward to it. I've also been given every SE med going just in case plus a longer course of stomach injections so hopefully I'll be fighting fit!
Thanks all for your continuous positive messages and good luck tomorrow to Sandra, Debs, Flippantfox and Gus xxxx
YB54321

Evening ladies,

Been soooo tired today. Heard exactly zilch from the hospital re the blood tests or the CT scan today so not impressed. I'm going to call tomorrow if I hear nothing.

Jill - can't believe you've got a week delay, bless you. That's been my worst fear all through this as I've got in my head tha. I'm done with chemo by end Sept. Not that it would make much difference seems as I've got 12 months of Herceptin to go. Hopefully you may have a fairly SE free week so maybe you can get out and about and have some nice BC free time. keep your chin up x

Marion - glad this cycle is treating you well. The Yasser Arafat comment made me laugh x

Vicki - sorry to hear the news re Rads as I know you were quite against it. I'm going to ask onc on thurs about possibility of doing the stronger doses over shorter period as I want to get back to work ASAP. Suppose at least we are throwing everything we can at it but I don't fancy being fried 😞

Fiona - good luck with the bathroom shopping. How nice of your friend to buy you earrings, this illness really proves who your good friends are.

Gus - I'm the same with the runny nose - who thought we'd miss having nose haiHip sokills like you've had a good time with the in laws x all the best tomorrow

Jackie & Anne - think we'd all like to tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine. I thought I'd feel better getting half way but it still seems a long stretch ahead and I feel like I'm wishing my life away. I don't think I've ever been as grumpy as during treatment so hopefully it will get it out of my system and I'll be back to being a ray of sunshine again soon lol

Cassie - take it easy after the cocktails and hope the Emend keeps the SEs at bay x

Debs - good luck for tomorrow. Re the bladder thing - exactly the same for me - I really have to be careful not to drink a lot after 8pm or I can't make it through the night.

Sandra - enjoy the takeaway and all the best for tomorrow x

love to all the Jewels x
Maxie

Hi Jewels!

Have had a lovely weekend with all the family, cooked & entertained non-stop. Bit tired today but more deflated that they've all gone home now ....still, am sure it won't be long until the next invasion!

Chelle I managed to stay awake throughout, hope you did too!....any news yet on those bloods?

Emma (Melrose) Sorry you're still feeling rough despite the Emend, sounds horrible & hope it lifts for you soon.

Taylor J Comedy DVD's sound a good idea, I watched 'Forest Gump' last night which I hadn't seen for years & had forgotten how sad it is at the end....had a good bawl!!

Vicki Glad you had such a good time in London, banquet sounds great fun....whats this Blue Cock that you mentioned?!!!.......the hair stuff sounds good for all ladies still with some hair, I used to use a root touch-up crayon that you just wet with water,& was great for covering greys till I could get to hairdresser, sounds similar.

Joan, so pleased that your having a good time with your family...hope you've had a great time at Chessington today 7 that the rains held off for you!

Fiona Skype sounds a good idea, forget sometimes all the technology we have these days, may try it out on some friends this week (must make sure I have my wig or scarf on though, don't want to scare them!!) Enjoyed our chat earlier, was lovely to put a voice to the name...

Ann Sorry tiredness getting to you,easy to say but only 2 more to go- you can do it!!... ditto re the mood swings at times. Don't know how OH puts up with me sometimes , think he's just learnt to ignore me!

Jackie Hope you enjoyed the shopping trip today....bless your daughters saying how lovely you look! My two being older have taken the mickey out of me all weekend...have laughed along too though ....swimmy head thing sounds awful, my BC friend had exactly the same & couldn't drive at times it was so bad, she likened it to being on a boat....hope it stops for you soon.

Gus Am knocked out after visitors too today, lets hope I'll be joining you at the bar tomorrow! Love the Asda delivery story haha what a strange combination of items...the mind boggles!

Jill Thats awful re the battering of your veins...looking on the bright side maybe your energy might pick up a bit with the extra week? think the worst thing must be getting yourself all psyched up for the chemo & then being told you're not having it.

Debs Glad you had a good weekend, just the tonic you need! Good for you going au naturel too- have been tempted myself in the heat but not been brave enough!
Don't know about bladder function but have to get up & wee in the middle of the night every night since chemo started!...feels like when I was pregnant!....hopefully will be at the bar with you tomorrow

Jayne Good to hear from you, hope the Emend helps this cycle, seems to be a bit hit & miss but personally its worked a treat for me. Radiotherapy thing does sound interesting,I know its been mentioned before on here, am going to ask about it when I next see ONC.

Marion Ooh Llandudno I LOVE that town so much!....how nice of your OH to buy you a necklace, (note to self...must try & be more smiley!) As just said, same with the wee, must be another weird s/e as I try not to drink too much fluid before bed.

Well been drinking loads of water today in prep for tomorrows bar visit, had a headache after bloods taken this am, same happened last time, maybe nerves? nurse at GP's couldn't get any blood out at first so maybe my veins not holding up too well too, we'll have to see tomorrow!
Off to pick OH up from station now, feeling like may have a takeaway tonight, done enough catering these last few days!

Have a good evening Sparklies xxx
pointy

Thanks Ladies re the weeing thing!
Why dont they tell you these things!!! I was so embarassed as at my age I should not be VERY nearly wetting the bed! I thought something awful had happened to me as it has happened twice now!
Marion, exactly the same dream and bucket loads, its horrible. I did just suggest to OH that he went and got me some incontinence pants JIC as slightly worried to go sleep now! He refused and said "just speak to the ONC" , frankly what is he going to do? Is there something they can prescribe???
Oh well wee pants signing off................

Debs x
Jackiebee

Debs, yes to the unexpected sudden wee! Happens to me too, apparently the drugs can affect nerve endings and make you want to wee more - had a near miss today in the shopping centre 😕
Marionblue

Evening All

Not posted for a couple of days as nothing much to report. I've been much better this cycle. No depressed days at all. The foul taste in my mouth lasted for longer than usual and the site of canulae insertion is red and itchy, but apat from that, I'm good.
Went to Llandudno on Saturday and bought a new scarf whcich I'm having fun tying in differnt ways. My first effort OH said made me look like Yasser Arafat. OH also bought me a lovely amber coloured Murano glass necklace for being smiley which was nice.

Jill -- That's so miserable for you. Medical staff seem to vary between brilliant and have you actually had any training.

Ann - New you would come back fighting as always.

Jackie - 'Eyes not keeping up with the room' I thought iy was just me. It is so disorienting. I hate it and just hope everything returns to normal when the poison is out of my system.

Debs - I nearly had a wee episode this cycle. I actually dreamed I had wet myself and thankfully this thought woke me up. I rushed to the loo and honestly, I could have filled a bucket. It was a very close run thing and I was afraid to go to sleep for the next couple of nights, both times I had to get up and it just poured. Oh said he would get some Tena lady for me to wear to bed. Didn't know whether to hit him or say thank you.
I think it will be a while before I go out bare headed, but I did go to the local town today in my scarf which I am still not very comfortable with.

Good luck for tomorrow ladies. Hope all goes well.

Marion
XXX

Debs. yes, I have found the need to wee far more frequently and when you have to go that's it, out of the way everyone else. Does seem to slow down as the 3 week cycle continues though.

Just had a pep talk from hubby, I think I really need to stop being so self obsessed and consider him a bit more.

Jill, how the heck can they make such a mess, you must be in bits. I really hope you are ok and get sorted out.

I asked about radiation. I had the sentinel node removed, no spread and clear margins but grade 3 and was told i had to have radiaiton. I assume it is based on the grade ? I am pleased they are letting me go the the QE in Birmingham rather than Walsgrave, Coventry. I can get on the train to Birmingham.
Bloomimg weather, the rain is dripping through the velux onto my bed !
cassie1

Fec x 6 - cycle 4 day 1 - had my coctails this morning had a sleep when I got back, Ive just started on Emend so hopefully I wont be as knocked out as I felt last time.
Vicky - re- rads, there is a clinical trial that you might be offered called 'fast forward radiotherapy' they give you a 1 week course instead of 3 weeks, the dose is stronger but the amount of visits to the hospital is reduced.
Ann - you seem to write everything ive been feeling people around me seem to be walking on egg shells incase I bit their head off.
Nicj - where are you? hope you are well and the SE have eased a little bit for you.
I havent see any messages from Martha for a while unless Ive missed them, does any one know if shes ok.
Chelle - my next session is 27th Aug, were over half way through girls,,yeh
pointy

Hi All
Had a busy weekend, cleaned house from top to bottom, had my oldest and bestest friends round to dinner on Saturday with their OH's. Copious amounts of wine drunk and plenty food and lots of laughter, fab evening.
Went out Au Natural ( in the head department)with OH on Saturday to do the shopping, decided that as I have a good covering of pure white spikes (?!) I was not going to wear Raquel or scarf! Very liberating actually and no one appeared to stare (bit chilly round the freezers though)
My darling daughter keeps telling me that actually she thinks I rock the look and my bone structure is 'amazeballs' (in her words) and she prefers it to the normal me!! I'm not sure whether that is a compliment or what...........
Jill, sorry you are having YET more hassle! Bless you
Ann, hang on in there hun, its rubbish but you CAN do it, you have to. Think ahead when all this cr*p is over, it is a lot of pain for a lot of gain.
Anyway hope all at the bar (except Jill ) got on ok today. Hugs to all, thinking of everyone even if I don't post it.
Preparing myself for 3rd poisoning tomorrow number 3 out of 4!!! Nearly there................
Debs xxx

PS does anyone know whether these drugs mess with your bladder function??? I cannot stop weeing and seem to get very little notice, had a few close calls in the middle of the night, its horrible and very humiliating! Think I will ask ONC tomorrow.
Jackiebee

Oh no Jill how frustrating! Hope you are ok.
Gus I love the detail of your additional delivery bags! The only major substitution error we ever had was 2 bottles of bells whiskey instead of a bottle of Gordon's gin one christmas eve - I was NOT happy. Not even 6 boxes of condoms would have cheered me up 😉
hope you feel a bit better soon Ann. I'm sure I will try to tell them to stuff it, and I'm sure I won't be allowed to stuff it, but at the moment I like the idea of telling them, at least.
Sitting on the sofa with a bored 10 year old. Run out of creative entertainment solutions that dont involve me being physically or mentally active so now she's watching. Spongebob and eating sweets, not a high point in my parenting history...
artemis17

Hi all,
Quick post while working so cant change oages but:

Fiona sounds like youvve been mega busy with the bathroom and family & friends. Glad to hear all going well but yes the change to "T" is a worry, i'll wait for your tips. When i had my bloods done this morning, the ONC said although im relatively well still, i may find im not so chipper once switch to T...im sure she meant well but it sounded mean lol...plus i will get steriods which up until now ive not had at all just the anti sickness..

Jackie hope the shopping with your little princess's went well and you avoided the rain. Frustrating about all the body hair still hanging about, expect once the weather changes with no more sun thats whne the legs will become hair-free...

Emma(melrose) not good still having the nausea hanging about, so much for the wonder drugs, maybe they coudl reduce your does next time as i know someone in my unit had that done due to extreme sickness.

Chelle, hope the wigs are as good as they look online. Dont over do the house work!!.

Joan, glad you are starting to feel more positive, its hard having to keep digging deep to find that fighting spirit, but we are all here supporting you and mentally shrinking the bugger!!. They do say that T is a harsher drug so hopefuly it will nuke it.

Ha ha Gus, i bet you had a good balloon fight that night then, although whoever placed the order probably wouldnt have needed all those condoms after the alcohol anyway lol.

Jill sorry youve been messed about today and a delay is rubbish...know its not much consolation but try to have a few really well days and enjoy time with the grandkids...A line makes chemo so much easier though.

Re the banquet, i didnt dress up as the costumes were all a little nylon-y for my taste plus it was very hot and with the thining hair i have the static would have been awful!!. Talking of which not sure if anyone is still doing cold cap??. But ive have just got a product especially for thinning hair/scalp coverage, which the unit said is ok to use. Basically its like boot polish and coves the roots, and scalp that shines through to make it less obvious. If anyone is interested i can pass on details. It does work though and means my roots wont be such a problem(if i keep the hair all the way through).
Also i had my usual gung-ho attitude this morning seeing the onc & doing bloods etc, no side effects etc and so asked whether i really need to Rads as as far i was aware, i had clear margins, chemo, herceptin, tamoxifen so werent the rads just over kill??. Well the ONC certainly put me in my place by saying without rads i have a 25-50% chance of re-occurance as although i only had 5/12 nodes affected, the affected ones were right at the top of the chain so will need rads to the collar bone area!!. First time in ages ive cried, really didnt get how aggressive the cancer was, apparently the DCIS was over 80mm but there was also invasive stuff which was on the move. Oh well looks like November is going to consist of daily 50mile round trips 😞
Ok well better get some work done, wrote more than i intended too. 🙂

xxxxxxxx
jmeg

Well back from the bar not a happy bunny !!! new team today and after she colapsed/fraction every vein she could she gave up so I ve now got to have a hickman line fitted net monday followed by the chemo so a weeks delay in treatment and up until now never had a problem with treatment and thought Id got away without a line so peeved off at moment also back at docs at 4 to have bloods and to be given a bag of goodies to prevent MRSA before line go's in oh the joys.
Anyway hope everyone else drank nicely at the bar.
Will catch up later after docs dont think chemo nurse wanted to try for the bloods lol coward
jill
Gussie_WW

Hello all. Been offline for a few days as I had my sister in law & brother outlaw up to visit. It was lovely to see them, but I 'm completely knocked out now. This 2nd cycle of FEC has been more nauseous and more exhausting than the first. Not looking forward to the third blast tomorrow, assuming my bloods are okay to go ahead. I now have a constantly runny nose and eyes. Definitely not a cold, though, feels more like hay fever ... The onc nurse said I just have no nose hairs left. Bummer. Been doing quite well with the healthy eating until my visitors arrived, oops. I'm jealous of all of you who can still drink booze. I just can't take it - makes me feel very strange indeed. 😞

Joan, Izzy - was really sorry to hear you didn't get the news you wanted but relieved others here have been so supportive and informative. For what it's worth, I had the lump removed first but in surgery it turned out to be bigger than they expected. not sure what surgery you're facing, but I had WLE for the 27mm tumour and a benign, much smaller lump and though my right boob is now smaller than the left it's heaing up okay.

Really sorry to hear about Debs and others who are off work with no pay. 😞

Fiona, I've been getting Asda to deliver & there's only been one mess up so far. My favourite asda delivery story is pre-BCC when the man in the van left us (2 women) a couple of bags from someone else's order. Whoever they were must have had their plans for the evening ruined, because we found we had 2 big bottles of Moscow Mule, a huge jar of Nutella & 6 boxes of condoms.
Sounds as though a few folk had lovely, distracting weekends (or parts of the weekend were lovely!). Really glad to hear that. I hope everyone with nausea, fatigue and all the other nasties is bearing up as well as they can. Thinking of you all. Xxx.

Hi Jackie, we cannot, no matter how we feel !, tell them to stuff it. I would love to walk away but we know we cannot.
Day 5 of FEC 4/6
I find myself getting more emotional about the whole saga now, being useless, slobbing in bed, vile to be with, miserable as sin etc, and then I throw a big hissy at whoever happens to be in the way. My poor husband just keeps smiling and telling me all will be over soon and we will get back to normal.

I do feel better this morning and the highlight of the day has been a much needed succesful visit to the bathroom. The anti sickness med Cyclinex seems to give me intense constipation, I swill the pill down with lactolose. I wonder if day 5 is too soon to stop taking the anti sick pills ? My bruised arm has spread but is not at all painful or hard so hopefully, there is nothing sinister going on there.

Good luck to all at the bar today, stay strong. x
Jackiebee

Good luck drinkers of the day!
Ann I hear you about stuffing doses 5&6. I have only just had number 2... 😞 said to my husband yesterday I'd do 4 but will really be struggling to carry on....
fiona I'm jealous of the smooth legs- I'm still growing toe moustaches here! So unfair! Feel very ugly. OH and daughters keep telling me how lovely I look but I know I look like phil Mitchell and there is no getting away from it.
Anyway off into solihull this morning with my young ladies to do a bit of shopping whilst I have the energy. I am not feeling particularly sick any more but have that kind of travel sick feeling where my eyes can't seem to keep up with the room, if you know what I mean? Quite disorientating, and makes typing, watching TV etc unpleasant. Need to go and get a present for OH as it's our 15th anniversary on Thursday...crystal, apparently (I'd have thought you'd get more for 15 years!!!).
Hope to hear good news from missing jewels soon, hello and hugs to you all if you are reading but not posting 🙂 xxx
Jackie
Glasgow_Girl

Morning girls,

Had such a busy day yesterday, I am really packing it in during this short window of no SEs and feeling reasonable before it all kicks off again on Thursday. Ordered a new sofabed, delivery 4-5 weeks, so the current one might just about last until then, the bed bit is ok but the seat covers just starting to split. Also chose a bathroom suite, although not ordered yet as we need to decide on wall tiles, floor covering etc. first. Also had lovely Skype with my big sister last night, she just back from visiting friend who lives in Singapore - she loved it plus they had a week in Vietnam too. She sent me regular postcards, which I love receiving and apparently there are more of those to arrive. Also had lovely chat with my best Aunt, you know the Aunt who is always great fun and lets you stay up late when she's babysitting while your Mum is out? She is in her 80s now, but you wouln't know it, still full of life, makes me laugh and so interested in everyone and what's going on. Rounded off the evening by watching a film with daughter, snuggled on the sofa together.
Meeting an ex-colleague for lunch today, another friend who has been one of the best during all of the BC c**p.

Jackie - will ask at clinic tomorrow for Cava on prescription, sounds a vreat idea!! Hope you enjoyed your Chinese takeaway - forget the calories, a bit of what you fancy does you good.

Chelle - glad you had fun day with friends on Saturday and you feeling a bit better, it's not like you to be down (but you're allowed of course). You are always so kind and strong for any of us who are feeling low. Thanks for the updated list.

Emma (melrose) - sorry to hear the "wonder drug" Emend has not worked wonders for you. That nausea is the pits, how are you feeling today? I do hope the nausea will stop very soon and you will feel better.
Emend did reduce the severity of the nausea for me after an awful first cycle, but still felt nauseous for 12 days on both cycles 2 and 3, such a pain and makes you feel like doing nothing. Switching to Tax on Thursday, after 3 FECs, so goodness knows what that will bring.

Jill - hope your bar visit OK today, will be thinking about you. Hope 14th will produce some good advice and subsequent improvement for your arm.
I also have 2 little bald bits just in my right eyebrow. Been pencilling in.

TaylorJ - which comedy DVDs do you recommend for a good belly laugh? Forget the housework - we're surviving on the bare minimum here - having a good walk much better for you.

Vicki - the banquet sounds great, did you dress up? We all need to make the most of those days when we are SE-free and feeeling ok to "let our hair down" (sorry, awful joke, trerrible black humour, couldn't resist. Daughter said yesterday how lovely and smooth my underarms are. Well I guess that, and smooth legs, is the ONLY good SE of what we are going through.)

Ann - sorry you are feeling so rough. Hang on in there, lovely, you WILL feel better soon. Big hugs xx

Joan - glad you are doing lovely things with your boys and OH. Enjoy Chessington day out today, hope it stays dry for you, it is chucking it down here.
Good luck with the Tax on Wed. I've got my first Tax on Thurs, will be holding your hand as we go through it together. Everything crossed that it will shrink your lump xx

Have good day everyone, will check in again later. Hope a few of those MIA will be on and let us know they are ok. Know Martha is busy with her work. Lins, missing you. NicJ, you ok?

Jayne and Izzy (as well as Jill). Queue up, girls, hope all goes well for you today.

Fiona
xx
Maxie

Just popping on to say good luck to Jill, Jayne & Izzy for tomorrow....good luck girls!...xx
Melrose15

Good luck Jill, Jayne and Izzy for tomorrow. Hope the bar visit is uneventful xx
Joan enjoy Chessington, you're a braver woman than me!
Still feeling nauseous and now constipated! Taken 2 Dulcolax so hoping for movement soon.
Sorry not to reply to individual posts but I'm reading and thinking of you all xx
fimbo123

Evening everyone,

As others have said, it's been a v quiet weekend. Hope all those not on here are ok.

Emma (Melrose) that feeling of constant nausea that doesn't go for days is terrible, isn't it. Big hugs to you and hope you feel better tomorrow xx

Vicki, glad you had such a good weekend. How do you manage a BC-free day? I can't seem to get it out of my head for more than about 10 minutes! Aiming for more!

Chelle you must be feeling better if you're buying wigs and doing the housework 😉

Taylor, good for you on a 3 mile walk. The time with your sister sounds lovely.

Ann, hang on in there. You can do it, we're all with you in spirit x

Jill, sorry about the lymphodema, hope the physio helps.

Well I have felt much better physically week 3 thus cycle than last. Took the boys to the cinema yesterday for a children's screening of Madagascar 3 which I really enjoyed :-). Husband took me to buy a new dress - belated birthday pressie. First time I've felt like buying clothes since dx. Tomorrow we're off to Chessington World of Adventure - do you think the water rides would be ok with a LimbO PICC line cover? 😉

Very worried about Tax on Wednesday, although on the other hand know I need it now I know AC hasn't shrunk the lump. Really praying Tax works better. Still struggling a bit with all that but determined to get on with the next cycle.

Hope sleep fairies visit you all xx
PeachyPal

Hi Celle
My next date is 27th August - because of bank holiday weekend
Could you update next time xxx

I am still here, just. Fec4/6 and at the moment they can stick number number 5 where the monkey puts his nuts and the sun doesn't shine.

48 hours in bed, stagger to bathroom, have a rest halfway up the stairs on the way back. Had enough !!!
artemis17

Grrr just did a long post and its disappeared...So flipping annoying!!.
Will recap briefly..
Had a great w/e in London, the medieval banquet was brilliant, i narrowly escaped becoming Henry Vlll's 7th wife after i impressed him with a bit of "gangnam style" ha ha, ate and drank a lot more than usual and saw an enormous blue cock in Trafalger Square ;-). As there was also a big free cycle event up there, there was a real carnival atmosphere around, with stalls and music in St James park and a lot of the roads closed to cars which made it nice to walk around. Never considered BC once and felt completely "normal"

Glad to hear others have had some BC free times, it really does make a huge difference and makes life more bearable, i did comment on indiviuals but like i say its all gone!!. Hope everyones getting on ok, our resilliance is remarkable, i bet none of us thought we could get halfway (almost for some of us) and still have some enthusiasm for life left!.

Sorry to those who are having a rougher time of it, it does seem to come along & side swipe you at times, ive been lucky so far but im sure it will be my time soon. Stay strong & positive ladies, there is an end in sight... Oh i found a product online to cover up any scalp that shows through any thinning patches, which is really effective. Not sure if anyone else is still getting on with the cold cap, but its a handy product if you still have a good coverage. Its like make up for hair, covers roots and skin so unless you knew, you cant tell my hairs a bit thinner.

Well lovely fantastic ladies, ive got a garden that wont mow itself and its going to rain apparently tomorrow so i best get a move on. Sorry again for lack of individual comments, its so frustrating when this site decides to lose stuff!!.
Take care one and all
xxx
YB54321

Evening Jewels,

Had a busy boring day getting back on top of the housework that I've been neglecting but at least it's all done again now!
It is very quiet on here at the mo so hope everyone is ok and just busy doing nice things x
Managed to pick up 2 new wigs off eBay today - £55 for the pair BNIBs and they retail at £215. I think one may be a bit fair for me but I'll just stick it back on eBay if I don't like it/them.

Good luck to Jill, Jayne & Izzy at the bar tomorrow - hope the barman treats you well x

Keep shining Jewels x
YB54321

• Maxie - Sandra 06/8 (cycle 3)
  • pointy - Debs 06/8 (cycle 3)
  • flippantfox - 06/8 (cycle 3)
  • Gussie-WW - Gus 06/8 (cycle 3)
  • Artemis17 - Vicki 07/8 (cycle 3)
  • Suffolklady - Cress 07/8 (cycle 3)
  • cazzer1970 - Caroline 07/8 (cycle 3)
  • Fimbo 123 - Joan 07/8 (cycle 4)
  • titus4t - 07/8 (cycle 4)
  • NicJ - NicJ 08/8 (cycle 4)
  • Satsuma - Fi 08/8 (cycle 3)
  • Katherine10 - Katherine 09/8 (cycle 3)
  • Glasgow Girl - Fiona 09/8 (cycle 4)
  • Janet C - Janet 09/8 (cycle 3)
  • jmeg - Jill 13/8 (cycle 3)
  • LinsLleisio - Lins 13/8 (cycle 4)
  • BeckyJoan - Becky 13/8 (cycle 4)
  • jayney234 - 13/8 (cycle 4)
  • ChelleB15 - Chelle 14/8 (cycle 4)
  • Marionblue - 15/8 (cycle 5)
  • Spurs79 - Claire 15/8 (cycle 4)
  • TaylorJ - 15/8 (cycle 4)
  • Jackiebee - Jackie 19/8 (cycle 3)
  • ethel1 - Elizabeth 19/8 (cycle 4)