71280members
374406posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'June Jewels' - Precious and shining through :)

Marionblue

Re: 'June Jewels' - Precious and shining through :)

Here is my new wiggy. Rear view definitely the best. My hair has always been blonde. Natural then bottle. I think I'll have it more this shade when it grows back.

Marion
XXX
Marionblue

Sandra - When I had a red face following 1st cycle chemo unit said to take antihistamine tablet and the redness went after 3 days. As I had stopped taking steroid by that time though it may have gone away anyway.

Vicki Ditto re the nails. Mine are all the same length and are feeling strong. I have been using Sally Hansen Hard as Nails and dark colours. For removal I have been using Acetone free remover which is supposed to be gentler.

Jill - What ever your on, I want some. Your positivly bubbling with energy.

Jackie - When ever I read what some of you ladies have had to deal with, I almost feel guilty. Apart from lymphodema in my foot and an anual dose of bronchitis (and numerous alergies) I feel I have had a charmed life. I think that is why my DX hit me so hard. I didn't think I was the sort of person to get a serious illness. Idiotic I know. Serves my right for being so complacent.

Fiona - Pity we are oposite end of the country. We could have a crumble bake off. All the best for later and for NicJ and Fi.

When I was at the allotment the other day, I got covered in bites. I could hardly sleep last night, could have torn my skin off. I have taken antihistamines and rubbed in antihistamine cream. OH just read online that dabbing them with mouthwash works so will give that a go to. Really didn't need this. I just hope the chemo got them.

Marion
XXX
YB54321

Jackie - Happy Anniversary - hope you have a fab day. (On another note - £5 an hour and chocolate cake....... Can I come and work for you? Xx)
Jackiebee

Today I answered the door without wig or headscarf- completely forgot. Frightened the log delivery man into complete stunned silence. Shut door, put scarf on and opened it again and he could speak to me. Hilarious.
It's our 15th wedding anniversary today. I don't want to get all sentimental but my husband has seen me through some tough times - including preeclampsia, traumatic birth, gallstones, diagnosis of my heart condition when our second child was only a few months old, a pacemaker going in when she was 2, and now all this. He's also always been an amazing support to me in my career, his has taken more of a back seat as a result, and does his bit at home, is the main cook in the family, and all this with a smile on his face (most of the time). I know I am so lucky, and he means the world to me. Unfortunately our grand plans for a wild night out (ha ha) have been scuppered as my mum is not well enough to have the kids overnight. But we will do it another time, and will take the kids out for dinner tonight to celebrate anyway.
Kids are trying to earn some pocket money today so eldest is weeding the garden and youngest is cleaning out the fridge - they banded together like a little union and demanded minimum wage!! I negotiated them down to £5 per hour plus tips in chocolate cake.
Hope those of you who've been to or are going to the bar yesterday/today tomorrow are ok- especially those changing regimes, that must be tough.
Vicki you could never alienate any of us with mush! we love it 😉
Jackie x
pointy

Just a quickie, feeling totally out of it after this weeks bar visit! Good luck to all those sipping today.
xx
fimbo123

Just a quick one to say good luck to Fi, NicJ and Fiona at the bar today xxx
YB54321

Fiona - I've updated your date and good luck for today x my chemo brain is getting more mushy by the day!

Sandra - love the pic - that's exactly what I look like on steroids! god knows what I'll look like taking more steroids with Tax! Prob more like a baboons bottom!

Vicki - think its a great idea to speak to a counsellor - it's good to get things off your chest. I had been considering it as I didn't feel I was coping a few weeks ago but now ex has left I've realised I just wasn't coping with him! And you know you can come on here and vent/cry etc whenever you want - you've let all of us into your life and we're all here to support you x

Jill - good luck at work (I'd say something positive but I don't want a national incident lol) - so don't let the b**t*rds get you down x

Got to run - no food in the house and parents coming over for a couple of days so least I can do is feed them!

Love to all x
Maxie

Fiona good idea keeping busy today...sure you'll be fine, looking forward to your post later if you're up to it!...xx

Vicki you 'mush away'....you're a top ' wench ' in my opinion & I love reading your posts!!!... xx
artemis17

Oops sorry Fiona, cross posted, youre a bit of a super mum too all the stuff you do.
Good luck with T, hope its not as bad as you expect and will be interesting to see how you fair compared to FEC as switcher next cycle too.. Impressed with the cooking, im not a baker at all and can do hearty man food but nice sweet treats elude me. Myabe i should give it a go. I love rhubard crumble and actually had rhubard and custard sweets in the unit yesterday.

Also feel a bit guilty cold capping as i still have some hair, although believe me its not pretty!!. Im sure by the time we do the meet, we'll all be sporting something to be proud of, i may be able to stop using marker pen on the roots too lol.

Anyway writing too small to do much on without my contacts in..
xxxx
Glasgow_Girl

Chelle - forgot to say, your god-daughter is lovely. Also loved your previous pic, you got lots more hair than me.

Crossed posts!
Sandra - am sure you not as red as, or have any resemblance to, the monkey.
You're right, I am at the bar today for my first Tax, not tomorrow as on list. My fault, not Chelle's, she is our super-administrator.

Jill - you ARE amazing getting off to work today. It's ok - and normal - to feel low, good you got a chat with a decent nurse to boost your spirits. Hope work ok today, go and rock whatever bandana you choose.

Fiona
xx
artemis17

Morning wenches 😉

Still being "medieval" hehe. Glad my fellow drinkers returned minus traffic cones and shoping trolleys to get home in. Good luck Nic and Fi today. Thanks Chelle for superb admin as always, you do it so seamlessly that i dont want you to feel its "your job" and you just have to do it. It brings us all togther & without it it would be lot harder to keep up, so a big squeezy hug chick!!.

Re nails, mine have never been better, ( tho never been long anyway) and im not yet doing anything to them apart from usual clear varnish, i also dont have a dishwasher so wash up by hand. I will get some dark nail varnish for the start of T though as although it seems to be hit and miss, it cant do any harm if the T is light sensitive.

Like you say Cress, it will be interesting when some of us change regimes, especially as you and I are on the same days, ill have your T you can have my FEC. 🙂 AS you know ive been lucky on it re SE's so hope i carry that with me to "T".

Sanda sorry youre having steriod side effects, i do wonder what will happen when i start to take them as i have quite sensitive skin, get urticaria often and already "rosy cheeks". As ive not had them for FEC T will be a whole new ball game. Whats the general advice from those on the front line ie all of you that have been taking them??.

Jill, good luck with work, you have to do a lot of customer interfacing (see my corporate training paying off lol) so it must be incredibley hard at times anyway let alone feeling poo. I admire your strength. At least my jobs only office based so i dont have to deal with too many people and the lary ones are only on the phone.

Cant scroll back as on phone, my pc is so old it takes ages to start up so only worth doing if ive other stuff to do like online shopping, which i may do later if i perk up a bit. The effects have dfinately been more accumalative, andi definately CBA today. Plus its the thought that once the chemo is over theres still such a long way to do rads, herceptin tamoixfen, and what changes they'll make to my life..but hey no negativity.

Joan thankyou for the lovely comments, i do feel bright and breezy and strong most of teh time, because if i let the doubt, lonliness and worry out of the box then i dont know how i'd lock them away agin. hence the working, going out, keeping ok for my son. I am thinking of going for the counselling that the hospital offers, just so i can speak to someone not involved, as because i do look so well and carry on regardless, i cant let my demons out...Oh that sounds like im a accident waiting to happen, im not its just i dont want you guys thinking im strong when you are having your own doubts and fears. I admire those of you that do lean on others, ive been a single parent for 15 yeaars with no long term relationship until 4 years ago so find it hard to "let people in" etc.

Wow sorry for the emotional sharing, not like me really but blame it on the FEC!!!

Right better go before i alienate anyone with my mush!!!
Big Love
xxxxxxx
Glasgow_Girl

Morning all

Awake quite early, trying to stay calm for first Tax this afternoon- P.S. Chelle, I'm on the list for tomorrow (9th) but I'm at the bar today. Prob my fault, gave you the wrong date before.

Popping out with daughter this morning to local fabric factory outlet shop. We ordered a new sewing machine online yesterday, the old one (which is my Mum's) had smoke coming out of the foot pedal, it is nearly 50 years old. Daughter is in sewing mode, made lovely bunting to decorate her room in house she moving into for 2nd year at uni. Now going to make cushion to match and offered to make me one too, to replace one in the lounge.

Chelle - hope all OK today with scan and onc AND you'll get those test results back too.
Re steamer, OH bought one online few months ago. Told him he bought it, so he can use it - so far he being using it to clean bathrooms, I am impressed both with him and the steamer's results.

Emma (peachy) - glad you picked up again after a rough time. That's correct with the big steroid dose for Tax- see Marion's post and I'm having the same too.

Ann - hurrah, you are feeling a bit better at last. I'd heard that too about chemo drugs staying in your system for a year after, passed on to me from the experience of a friend of an ex-colleague. So much for my fantasy world, when I dreamt I would be doing the conga and partying the day after my last treatment! Well, I'll save it for York.

Sandra - sorry you are feeling worse after this bar visit. Hope you've managed a decent sleep and will be a bit better today, look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jayney - shame you have been feeling so unwell. Hope these few days, before next Tues, will be good ones and you can do some nice things.
Re wigs, I am fairly pleased with mine, see my piccie, though only wear it outside the house and for certain visitors. All the ones I tried in the shop, except this one, looked like birds' nests perched on my head. Some of our ladies not really bothering at all with wigs, am sure you look great in the scarves and bandanas.

Marion - thanks for meds info. Steroids for 3 days same for me. Took 4 after breakfast and lunch yesterday and that's the same for today (D-day) and tomorrow. Surprised I got about 4-5 hours sleep last night, probably more due to having visit from 2 of son's friends. They are such a lovely young couple, we chatted about anything and everything and they made laugh so much I was relaxed when I went to bed, for a change.
However, had been feeling bit spaced-out and bleary-eyed after that 2nd dose yesterday. Did manage to make a rhubarb crumble, spurred on by the thought of your gooseberry one. Not tasted yet, will be treat after chemo today. Also made some date and pecan scones, recipe from BBC Food website. I had some dates and pecans to use up, so did a search and found a recipe, substituting pecans for walnuts. They were lovely, much enjoyed by family and last night's visitors. Usually my scones are like biscuits but these rose beautifully, I must do all my baking when in a steroid-induced fog.
Glad your wig arrived at last, you going to model it for us?

Vicki - glad to hear yout hair is hanging on, but cold cap must have been so tough, well done persevering. Think you the only one having success with it. Hope you slept well and feeling ok today.

Cress - hoping you will have an easier time this cycle, you'll be rattling with all those meds. Enjoy LGFB today, heard nothing but good reports about these sessions, enjoy!

OK, girls, I'm off for breakfast, steroids, quick shopping trip with daughter. Then a manicure and pedicure at home, trying to relax before this afternoon. Hopefully I'll post again later, post-Tax number 1, cycle number 4.

Fiona
xx
Maxie

Good luck on first day back Jill....would love to know which bandana you'd really like to wear!....could think of a few choice phrases myself..x
jmeg

Morning Jewels up bright eyed and bushy tailed (not) first day back in work after 3 wks sporting the monsters inc look today trying to be happy happy the one I should be wearing would offend to many customers lol and feel I am going to need to a lot of humour today,
Called at mcmillan centre yesterday think I had reached an all time low felt as if one more person said I was brave,think positive or any of the other usuals I would of made the national if not the international news lol struggling with having to have line fitted and what effects it will have on me felt as if my body was saying failure but after a chat she helped me see the POSITIVES (god I hate that word now ) should I say benifits or plus side,but anyway got a bit of slap on eyebrows drawn on cant hide the brusied arm so off to work I go maybe I sould do the 7 dwarfs on the banadas but think it would only be grumpy or dopey going on show dont think happy would be out much lol,well a**e in gear smile plasterd on bring it on
Catch up later Jill xx
Maxie

Well the sleep fairies abandoned me early this morn, hence early post.

Awful day yesterday with fatigue & nausea, can only think its cumulative effects as Ive not done anything different this cycle. Also got the bright red chest & face this time (prob steroids) not had that before either but know some of you ladies have.

Anyway main reason for popping on at this early hour is to wish NicJ, Fi & Fiona with her 1st Tax ( sure you said it was Thurs Fiona but could be my fuzzy brain!!)

Reassuring Joan that you had no reaction, hope your s/e's are few..xx

Vicki glad you got back from bar relatively unscathed, you're very brave persevering with cold cap & it does seem to be working well for you! Good of your b/friend to take time off...brownie points to him!

Chelle Godaughter very cute but I loved your hairy head pic too!! 🙂

Can't scroll back now but glad all others back from bar ok yesterday, will try to have proper catch up later..xx

p.s. just looked at my new profile pic & it looks so like me ( including expression!)...I must have a monkey twin! 🙂
YB54321

Good luck Nic & Fi for tomorrow.

Changed my pic to one of my god daughter as she's much prettier to look at than my bald head!

Looking at the list for the bar we seem to have lost a lot of the Jewels from the forum. Hope they are all ok x

Night my lovelies x
Suffolklady

Good Luck to NicJ and Fi for tomorrow.
Thanks Chelle for the updated list - you are so efficient at doing this for us - we really appreciate it x
I'm feeling really tired so hoping the steroids don't keep me up all night! Hope everyone is feeling ok and that the sleep fairies are liberal with their magic tonight.
For those of you worried about Tax - i feel the same about FEC!!! It will be interesting (if that's the right word!) to see how the switch goes!
Off to LGFB tomorrow - so I really do need my beauty sleep - don't want to frighten everyone with my Uncle Fester look!
Night precious ones xxx
YB54321

• NicJ - NicJ 08/8 (cycle 4)
  • Glasgow Girl - Fiona 08/8 (cycle 4)
  • Satsuma - Fi 08/8 (cycle 3)
  • Gussie-WW - 09/8 (cycle 3) TBC
  • Katherine10 - Katherine 09/8 (cycle 3)
  • Janet C - Janet 09/8 (cycle 3)
  • jmeg - Jill 13/8 (cycle 3)
  • LinsLleisio - Lins 13/8 (cycle 4)
  • BeckyJoan - Becky 13/8 (cycle 4)
  • jayney234 - 13/8 (cycle 4)
  • ChelleB15 - Chelle 14/8 (cycle 4)
  • Marionblue - 15/8 (cycle 5)
  • Spurs79 - Claire 15/8 (cycle 4)
  • TaylorJ - 15/8 (cycle 4)
  • Jackiebee - Jackie 19/8 (cycle 3)
  • ethel1 - Elizabeth 19/8 (cycle 4)
  • Esther_1986 - Est 19/8 (cycle 4)
  • Meggy-moo - Agnes 21/8 (cycle 4)
  • MarthasSOS - Martha 21/8 (cycle 5)
  • pat_1949 - Pat 22/8 (cycle 4)
  • Melrose15 - Emma 22/8 (cycle 4)
  • Deedee215 - Deedee 22/8 (cycle 4)
  • Flip Flop - Faye 22/8 (cycle 4)
  • March13 - Ann 22/8 (cycle 5)
  • LaineyK - Lainey 23/8 (cycle 4)
  • Linsey 50 - 23/8 (cycle 4)
  • Trish1303 - Trish 23/8 (cycle 4)
  • ambercatz - Jan - 23/8 (cycle 4)
  • PeachyPal - Emma 27/8 (cycle 4)
  • Cassie1 - Jayne 27/8 (cycle 5)
  • Izzy1969 - Izzy 27/8 (cycle 5)
  • Maxie - Sandra 27/8(cycle 4)
  • pointy - Debs 27/8 (cycle 4)
  • flippantfox - 27/8 (cycle 4)
  • Artemis17 - Vicki 28/8 (cycle 4)
  • Suffolklady - Cress 28/8 (cycle 4)
  • cazzer1970 - Caroline 28/8 (cycle 4)
  • Fimbo 123 - Joan 28/8 (cycle 5)
  • titus4t - 28/8 (cycle 5)
PeachyPal

Evening Jewells,
Well what a day makes…….I feel like completely different person today. Been out for light shopping with my mum plus visited my sister, her OH and the 4 children this afternoon, feeding the ducks at Marlow Park.
Maxie –3rd and final session of FEC this cycle. Next onto docetaxel, bit nervous to be honest as the number of steroids I have to take are significantly higher – my prescription says 8 per day for 3 days (less time but higher dosage), that will be a question for the onc. Wonder what the sleep patterns will be like then!!
Jayney – I’ve not found a wig and have given up. The two I ordered were terrible, given them to my nieces to play with!!! Scarfs when I’m out, nothing when just at home. Got used to it and answer the door with head bare.
Starting to get a little worried about Docetoxel (Tax), some of you have had problems and others have raised similar concerns that I have. Going to see the Onc next Friday so I will go armed with plenty of questions based on some things that have been raised and others experiences.
Good luck to NicJ and Fi for tomorrow. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow Chelle.
Hoping the sleep fairies come tonight and I have one of my mammoth sleeps (9-10 hours) which normally comes at the end of the first week. Fingers crossed.
Enjoy the rest of your evening jewells xxxxxx
YB54321

Evening ladies,

Good to see the lushes at the bar are returning in a safe and orderly manner!

I've been cleaning - suddenly realised I haven't filled the empty drawers and wardrobe space in the bedroom since ex departed so have had a massive clear out of the spare rooms (where half my clothes reside normally) and filled them up!

I got a call from the hospital and still no results but they've booked my CT scan in for tomorrow which is good as its just before my onc appt so saves another trip.

Right need to shoot as the steamer has just heated up an I need to do the tiles downstairs.

Night Jewels x
cassie1

Just wanted to say good luck to all those going to the bar tomorrow, havent heard from NicJ for a while hope you are doing ok.
Izzy1969

Good to hear all the jewels got back safe and sound today.
Good luck tomorrow to NicJ, Fi, Katherine and Fiona xxxx
Suffolklady

I'm back too! Got the single shot injection AND a slightly reduced dose - anti fungals for 10 days this time from day 4. Antibiotics, steroids, more difflam, naproxen for the joint pain - i'm like a walking chemist! Hoping it all adds up to a better time this cycle.
Now just sitting around feeling a little restless. Trip today took 3 and a half hours so had a really late lunch (tea time) and not sure what to do tonight...
Good to hear from those at the bar today - hope you all have a good night. xxxx
fimbo123

Hi everyone,

Safely back from the bar with no ill effects so far. Started off badly - had to wait 3 hours before being seen, burst into tears when I did eventually see the chemo nurse, telling her all my woes about lump not shrinking etc. All got a bit better after that - I'm getting used to all the waiting around for appointments but 3 hours was a bit much today especially as I was worried about first Tax.

Anyway, no allergic reaction - hurray! Sent home with Fomoeridone, WBC injections to take from day 5 and steroids for next cycle.

Vicki, glad you're back in one piece. I'm sorry you were feeling down earlier in the week. You have seemed so strong through all this. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Hope all my other fellow drinkers are back safely and have a pleasant evening. Old friend coming round later - looking forward to that.

xx
artemis17

Hello all 🙂

Hope everyones days as good as it can be with this rubbish disease. Im back from the bar, hangover headache not far off..usual anti sickness meds and found out that I should have been given steroids from the get go but for some reason they were missed off the original prescription. However as ive been fine without them then i won't have any until the tax dose next cycle. Will be asking advoce about how you guys take them and side effects etc. Chemo nurses said my hairs still pretty good considering so fingers crossed. Was a horrible cold cap experience tho, got very bad shivers and shakes but the staff are really supportive.
Boyfriends now snoozing on the sofa, bless him he took a days leave as my chosen chemo buddy was unable to come. Hes really stepped up for me and I feel guilty as we don't even live in the same city.

Well my mind is wandering hopefully catch up tomorrow, big hugs to all..

Xxx
Marionblue

Tax / Carbo 6 cycles Herceptin 18 cycles - Cycle 4 Day 14

Fiona - For sickness I have Ondansetron for 5 Doses and Domperidone for 5 days then as and when. I have never felt sick but I take the above as prescribed. I have thought about not taking them at all and see what happens but not brave enough. I take take Omeprazole for acid and also Gaviscon if its bad which it usually is for 1st week.
I take steroids for 3 days staring day before cocktail.

My reaction to TAX was really quick, i had only had 3ml. Nurse said she had never known such a quick reaction, but there again, I do have a lot of alergies.

Ann - I have definitly been more tired after cycle 4. Had 2 days when I barely moved off the sofa which hadn't happened before. Been feeling really good 2nd week though and not looking forward to be knocked back again next week.

Chelle - That is a good covering of hair. Perhaps the cold cap did help a bit. I just have standing up spikes. If you threw me at the wall I'd probably stick to it.

Emma (Peachy) Wierd dreams have happened to a few of us. Not nice. Hope your back to yourself soon.

My new wig turned up this morning. Its much shorter than I normally have my hair as had decided to have my own hair shorter when it grows back. The wig is nice enough, just can't decide if I like my hair short. Guess it will just take some getting used to.

Marion
XXX
Jackiebee

Just a quick one before my oldest friend comes over with her family (my godchildren) for the day, can't wait to see them.
Just wanted to wish those at the bar today good luck and send healing vibes to all feeling low xxx
It's sunny here, I've got a nice headscarf on and a bit of make up and feel almost human again. May even try a medicinal cava with lunch 🙂
Chelle my hair is not as thick as yours but lots of wispy bits and definitely has grown between cycles, will be interesting to see if it drops out again in a few days. Couldn't go scarf/wig free as I do look odd- but would probably do so if I was completely shiny neat bald!
Lots of love to all. Can't wait for York next year x
jayney234

Hiya everyone. Been laying low for a while as not feeling brilliant but now on up - just before my first Tax on Tuesday. Typical! I have even been having a glass of wine in the evening and sleeping well. The 3 weeks seem to go so fast (well not the first one as you feel so crap). Here's hoping SE's on Tax are better than Fec - I don't think I could face another Fec as I was truly awful on it. Is it just me or has anyone else found that wigs just do not look right on them. I have tried about 6 now from various places and they just look really stupid on me. Given family a laugh but not really the response I was looking for. Gussie- like you I look like an Alien without hat or bandana so would not risk going out with a naked head.
Hope everyone's SE's get better quickly. I don't post often but regularly read others posting and I agree that this site is a Godsend - so much info you don't get from Hospital and I would have been far more panicky without you lovely ladies sharing your experiences. Jayneyxxx
Maxie

3x FEC /T cycle 3 day 2

Morning ladies,

Chelle you have an amazing covering of hair! ...Your strands are really long!

Good advice re all the TAX queries, guess we're all going to react differently. Im going to definitely ask for the first one to be put in slowly.

Cress thanks for the mention of York & Italian stallions!!....cheered me up no end! Like Fiona said us married ones can still 'window shop'!!

Fiona bless you, I would be blubbing too at the lovely support your childrens friends are giving both you & them....they have true friends there for sure...xx

Emma (Peachy) what cycle are you on? Is it FEC?....hope you feel better soon...xx

Ann, can sympathise as s/e's are def cumulative, keep plodding on thats all we can do!...xx

This cycle seems to have hit me hard, the last two I was able to stay up & potter round on the day of chemo, sit downstairs for tea & even in the garden with YD last time!....yesterday the fatigue & sick feeling hit straight away, felt dizzy & seasick & couldn't stay upright, had to go straight to bed & eat some tea in bed, took all anti-sickness as felt very nauseous & also took 1 Lorazepam which knocked me out & slept reasonably. Still feel very unstable & iffy this morning....yuk!!....lets hope it improves...

Sandra xx

FEC 4/6 day 7.

Hello world I am improving at last. Session 4 seems to be a bit of a stopper, in more ways than one ! I have found cadburys chocolate and lactolose have a pretty impressive reaction.

The fatigue seems to get worse during session 4, I suppose the drugs just build up and tiredness will get worse as the sessions continue. We are all so different, Emend was a life saver for me, yet others have found it awful.

My chemo nurse told me the drugs stay in our system for 12 months after treatment finishes, that is scary, I was hoping to pick up really quickly and get back to normal.
Stay strong and good luck to all at the bar today.
Ann, the windy bald eagle.
pointy

Morning All
Good luck to
Vicki,Cress,Caroline,Joan and Titus at the bar today.
Debs xXx
PeachyPal

Oh my goodness, so many posts, I've not been on for a few days and will catch up.
This has certainly been my worst cycle. Felt crap for the past 3 days, fuzzy and don't know really know what to do with myself. This will be short as already loosing concentration which I have found difficult these last few days.
Saw genetics yesterday to understand where this has all come from. Have offered me tests to see if it is genetic from my father’s side, will take 3-4 months for the results but will help in any future decisions I may need to make. Bit much taking all that in today with fuzzy head, thank god my mum came with me.
Been having some weird dreams and thoughts in the nights, last night was better but still feeling a bit strange.
Hope all who have visited the bar over the last few days are well and best wishes to those in the queue today.
xxxxx
Glasgow_Girl

Morning all,

Vicki - I had to laugh at the thought of one of these corporate bonding dos or training courses. Don't think I'll be able to take anything like that seriously again, ever, if anyone comes out with these phrases they've read in a book e.g. "blue sky thinking" or "thinking outside the box". After what we'll all have been through, by the time I get back to work I am determined to ignore all the c**p at work and elsewhere, then put myself and those I love first.

Cress - you were still up late last night. Loved your comments about looking forward to us finishing our treatment and finally getting to meet properly next year. Defo prioritise a couple of Italian stallions for you and Chelle. For those of us wth OHs, we can still flirt a bit can't we - as a friend once said to me a while back, "Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you can't look a the menu".

Joan - my onc also told me an hour for the Tax to go through. I mentioned I knew some people (Marion and Debs of course) who had had a bad reaction. She said if I felt at all hot and flushed or breathy to say immediately. They would then stop, give me some meds, calm me down, then restart. On Thursday, I am going to tell nurse that I very anxious about that and hopefully they will take their time and keep an eye on it. Please let us know how you get on today, sure you will be fine xxxx

Got a huge list of things to do today, you know the "things I need to do before chemo in case I'm out of action for a while". As usual, I will write the list of a dozen things and maybe get one or two done.
Son said a couple of his friends going to call in this evening to see me. They are such a lovely bunch, his pals, and I am touched how kind and concerned they have been about me and of course about him too. Ditto daughter's close friends, couple of whom also dropped in to see me. It is reassuring for me that they have such lovely friends to support them when I know they are worried about their Mum, despite my reassurance that my outlook is good. Sorry, got to go now, I'm blubbing, catch you later.

Fiona
xx
Suffolklady

evening Jewels
It seems the majority of us have just had/having/about to have our last cycle of either FEC or TAX so cycle 4 will be one to watch for all of us. It is really helpful to know what MIGHT happen - and what drugs/treatments/ideas people have to help with any side effects. Thanks to this wonderful forum, and what we have shared thus far, we know how individual our reactions are and also our own hospitals regime. We need to be prepared for anything...

we're all getting there, we're always one step closer to meeting in York next year, to perfecting the smokey-eye look, to miming to a fabulous pop song and getting it on Youtube and to finding a very sexy single Italian for me and Chelle...
Bring it on!
Marionblue

Joan - Like Debs, I had a reaction so first one after reaction took 2 hours, but last one was 1 1/2 hours. I wish ONC would make sure that what they say is written on prescription, ad twice noe I have had to tell them to give me pure meds before Tax because I react. I have now been told it is on the computer so hopefully they will get it right next time. I take paracetamol before the nimvestin stomach injections which I have for 7 days. I was o.k. for first 2 cycles but 3rd cycle I had bone pain for 8 days so now I take paracetamol which has helped a lot. I'm sure its Nimvestin that causes the pain not the Tax.

Good luck tomorrow ladies. No SE,s would be good.

Marion
XXX
fimbo123

Thanks Lola and Debs x
pointy

Joan, my first lot of tax took an hour but as had reaction to second they put that that through at two hours but today slightly quicker at 1.5 hours. Just depends on how it goes I suppose. Hopefully all fine and done in an hour! Fingers crossed.
Xxx
artemis17

Hi Jewels,

Glad that the intrepid explorers have returned so quickly and seemingly well. 🙂 Hope it continues that way and any side effects quickly disperse.

Gus, sorry yet another enjoyable thing is being affected by "C". As suggested, if you can delay the dose to enable the trip to go ahead it would mean a lot psychologically which sometimes helps us deal with the practical crap we're going through. Channel the strength of love you had with your partner, enjoy that which was special to you both and do something good that "C" cant spoil.

Fiona, Sandra and Joan, it does seem we are given mixed messages with meds. Im glad we have each other to discuss it all with as pooled togther we seem to have answers for most things. My last FEC tomorrow so i will wait to see the feedback you guys have. I wonder if those doing Tax first have different reactions to thsoe that already have FEC in the system..will make for interesting reading, as will your experience Cress if/when you switch to Fec.

Debs thanks for the T info, bet it feels good to only have 1 left, you'll still be keeping in touch on here i hope??. Ive not had any steriods at all so far so wonder how i'll be on them?.

Chelle you have a fair bit of fluff there, i wonder if its cos you cold capped once it didnt completely go??. Im dreading tomorrows cold cap to be honest. First time it was a novelty, not knowing what to expect, 2nd time was pants, (not literatly can you imagine lol) and this time it will be extra cold cos of the thinning. The only saving grace is apparently with Tax i dont have to keep it on for as long. I still have my full compliement of lashes & brows, plus still havng to shave/pluck the usual place as well!.

Sandra hope you continue to keep well and im jealous of you being able to snooze through the day, its something i cant seem to do no matter how tired i am, i can only ever sleep in bed, lights off, covers on etc.

Emma, not good youre still feeling rubbish...have you done anything different this cycle, or perhaps its the accumalation of doses so far. Big hugs and hope you start to recover soon.

Jill supergran, tiring but so lovely to be a special nan & i bet they adore you.

Ive had a busy day as had a works corporate induction. All waffle and aspiration and i just wanted to leave and concentrate on fighting the "C" and becoming me again not whether i will "bring anything to the table". I do wonder how much longer i can keep working, mostly because of the assumption that i look ok therefore i am...The onc did bring me down to earth with a bump yesterday and i think things will get harder before they get better.

Anyway enough of the wallowing, good luck to my fellow lushes tomorrow, bring it on!!.
Bye for now ladies

xxxx
Lola65

Fimbo,

I had 6 lots of Tax. Each one took an hour. You will also probably get a dose of saline either before or after or both.

xxx
fimbo123

A last minute question about Tax. My onc said it will take 2 or 3 hours to go through but the chemo nurse said it only took an hour. Should I insist they go at the speed the onc said to avoid a reaction?

Cress or Izzy, how long does the Tax take to go through for you (think you're the only ones to have had it by itself so far)?
Glasgow_Girl

Crossed posts again.

Izzy - glad you ok, one day on, with the Tax.

Jill - good luck with bedtime Nanna. You are amazing looking after GD all afternoon and evening, hope you sleep well yourself.

Sending all the best for tomorrow to Vicki, Cress, Caroline, Joan and Titus. What a busy day for Jewels, there will be nothing left at the bar for the rest of the week.

F
xx
Glasgow_Girl

Evening all,

Just been out for a stroll with OH, still muggy here so Raquel whipped off the minute I'm in the house. One of these days I'm going to forget and whip her off in public, oh well so what, doesn't matter.

Chelle - no results yet, too bad. At least you feeling a bit better.
What a naff wig if the fringe is that short! Could never understand why Dave Hill had such a silly fringe.
I've got 2 little bare bits on my right eyebrow, been pencilling in. Eyebrows are thinning though. Think lashes ok, look a bit weedy as I haven't been wearing mascara and normally I wear tons.

Debs - glad you back from bar ok and trouble-free today. Good for you going out with no head covering, bet you looked fab. Thanks for Tax info too.

Marion - thanks for Tax info. What do you take for the acid, is it Omeprazole? Gooseberry crumble sounds delicious, crumble is one of my favourite things. Shame you in N Wales and not South like me or I could pop round for some, I'd bring my own custard.

Gus - glad you've been back on and posted again, feeling a bit better. Sorry about your delay, could you ask them to wait until Monday so you wouldn't miss out on your weekend plans? I went to Fringe with my sister last year and we had a lovely time, I really hope you can go.
It must be so tough for you coping with BC without your partner, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Never apologise for having a moan, we're all here to support each other xx

Lola - thanks for popping in with reassurance about Tax, much appreciated.

Cress - don't be daft, no offence taken re wigs. We should all wear/ not wear whatever we choose.

Sandra - good you've had a long kip. No Emend for me on the Tax, just Ondansetron, so I do hope I don't get any sickness. Picking up on comments about relaxing helping not to cause any reaction to the Tax, I'd need to be asleep to relax enough. Anyway, relaxing, what is that, I've forgotten, didn't we leave that behind in the room when we got our DX??

Joan - it is a bit of a worry, isn't it, different advice re painkillers etc. I guess we should do what our own onc advises and hope for the best. Glad you had a good family day out yesterday.

Just waiting for daughter to return from work, she always has a few funny stories. Think I'll head for PJs, had to be up and dressed earlier than usual this morning for clinic.

Fiona
xx
jmeg

Anyone want a 2yr old swear to god kids had my steroids lol DVD and sweets was order of the day and at least I can sod of home at 11 just hope I can get her in bed before D gets home defo got this nanna wrapped round her finger.
All this talk of TAX is getting me slightly worried I am down for weekly dose for 12 wks so maybe good thing getting the line,can I have a bath with it or is it just showers? regards painkillers my BCN told me to take 1 zapain and 1 paracetamol before I get any pain.
Chelle compared to me thats a full head of hair youve got lol regards wig I am to scared to wear mine so sticking with the scarf think YS put me off it by saying it looked like a wig which made me even more paranoid about it dont think anyone on here could take offence about being vain I think we all have our own hangups mines my ears but at least with scarf I can pin them back lol just have to pop 1 out to use the phone never really noticed my eyebrows/lashes because they have always just been there if you know what I mean.
Well better see if I can persuade madam to go to bed and tidy round the bombsite.
Goodnight to you all xx
YB54321

Good luck to Vicki, Cress, Joan, Caroline & Titus at the bar tomorrow x
Izzy1969

Hi all, one day after having first TAX I'm still fine with no side effects. I'm still taking the steroids, but no painkillers.
Emma - I never had Emend for sickness, but had Ondansetron and never had any sickness....maybe worth a go as the Emend seems to make you feel worse. Hope you feel better soon xx
I'm worried about my eyelashes! They're definitely thinning despite putting Rapidlash on every night. I'm hoping that a few last though right to the end. Eyebrows thinning too, but easy to draw in. I agree losing lashes seems worse than losing your hair, it's easy enough to pull on a wig but trying to put on false lashes....nightmare!!

Good luck to Vicki, Cress, Caroline, Joan and Titus at the bar tomorrow, hope all goes well for you all.
xxxx
YB54321

Thought I'd change my prof pic to show you my mad pigeon hair!

Jackie - yes we were def separated at birth! I always liked to set the look of with a giant pair of 80s power shoulder pads as well - damn I'll looked goooood lol

Gus - hopefully you'll get to everything you have planned - will keep everything crossed x

Joan - thanks for the info on painkillers - you wouldn't know what to do for the best would you! Take them......don't take them! I keep having nose bleeds so am scared to take anything that may make it worse!
Gussie_WW

Have pulled myself together. Dearie me! Thanks for all the good luck messages and the support. Even if I miss (some of) this weekend’s fun I’m determined to go & see Patti Smith mid-cycle even if I have to be wheeled in … 😉
Vicki, know exactly what you mean about BC slapping us round the face and just wanting to have control over our own lives again. We have to believe we get that back …
Emma, hope you’re feeling better. The onc nurse said to me that some cycles are worse than others, it isn’t necessarily downhill all the way.
Katherine – sorry to hear you’re being delayed, but at least you get the next dose as an outpatient. (Assuming you’re happy with that, of course…)
Ann – sorry you’re having such a rough time on FECx4. Hope you’re starting to feel better. Completely get what you mean about the emotions being harder as we go on. It just seems such a long slog.
Joan – hoping the Tax blasts the cancer to smithereens! Meantime, great to hear you had a good day at Chessington.
Jackie – hope you’re feeling better.
Jill, so sorry you have had yet more palaver. Hopefully the line will mean you don’t have to go through any of that again.
Marion, glad you are having a better cycle this time! I’ve been gardening a bit too, all gloved up as the onc was very stern about garden dirt. It’s relaxing except when I’m a bit light headed, in which case I have to be careful when I stand up.
Izzy – great news about rescheduling your holiday. Yes, a lumpectomy is the same as a WLE J
Fiona – great to hear about you (and others!) making the most of good days. Your friend sounds like a gem. (I don’t know what state I’d be in without my pals.) And thanks for sharing the info about Tax. I’m trying not to dread it.
Chelle LOL re Slade! My eyelashes are def fewer. Eyebrows are thinning but still there. Hope you get your specially slow test results SOON.
Maxie, hope the anti-vom pills have worked…
Very impressed by all of you who go out au natural. Not for me! I look like an alien might explode out of me (and I don’t mean toiletwards).
Maxie

Joan, its all very daunting isn't it? The Letrozole will be similar to the omeprazole that a lot of us are on & will be to counteract the painkillers effects on your tum..... Gawd if you have to be relaxed in order to not have a reaction I 'll have to have double blue pills & try meditating & anything else I can think of!!!!
Glad you enjoyed Chessington with your boys, sounds like a fun day!....All the best of luck for tomorrow, hoping you'll come on later tomorrow & say was easy peasy!... 🙂

Good luck also to Vicki, Cress, Caroline & Titus at the bar tomorrow....hope they've re-stocked, me being such a guzzler!!!

Sandra xx
Jackiebee

Chelle I think we may have been twins - permed sun-in hair, pearl lipstick, electric blue eyeliner- we ROCKED that 80's look 🙂
Gus, is it maybe an option to ask them to delay intil after the weekend, so you can do the things you want to? My team let me delay for a few extra days so we could go away. I think it would be worth it. You certainly deserve a break xxx
fimbo123

Just a quick post about drugs for Docetaxel SEs, as I seem to have been given different advice.

Fiona - I was told by my onc not to take painkillers before the event but to wait until I had pain, at least for the first cycle.

Chelle, I'm on Clexane to thin my blood and I asked my onc about the ibuprofen/codeine problem. He said, a bit scoffingly, that of course I could take them as a short term thing, and gave me a prescription for them, but he also prescribed Lorsaprozol (sp?) to counteract the effects on my stomach.

Gus - so sorry you've been delayed and that it might mess up your plans. Big hugs x

Glad Jayne, Sandra and Debs are back safely. Sandra, chemo nurse taking my blood today scared me a bit with talk of allergic reactions, then told me it was more likely if I wasn't relaxed! Enough to make me tense!

Great day at Chessington yesterday and the boys loved it. I'm still feeling really down at times but must soldier on. Into battle again tomorrow.

Have a good evening everyone xxx