71091members
373646posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'June Jewels' - Precious and shining through :)

Gussie_WW

Re: 'June Jewels' - Precious and shining through :)

Marion, loved that quote in your last post! Very best wishes for your final trip to the bar. Hope it goes ok and that your last dose of SEs are minimal.

Good luck to all the other barflies today ...
artemis17

Gpod luck to all Jewels drinking today especially Marion...hope it goes ok and with minimal side effects. Marion as probably our most senior Jewel youve had a rough journey at times but you're almost at the end of the chemo trip, not sure what else you have to face but hopefully you'll still be part of our merry band. Youve been an inspiration, take it steady and happy graduation. Xx
pointy

Good luck Marion. The last one is a really good feeling ( well obviously not the SE's! ) . Just a few more days of discomfort and never again!! Xx
YB54321

Satsuma - Fi 05/9 (cycle 4)
Marionblue - Marion 05/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
Spurs79 - Claire 05/9 (cycle 5)
TaylorJ - Anne 05/9 (cycle 5)
Jackiebee - Jackie 09/9 (cycle 4)
ethel1 - Elizabeth 09/9 (cycle 5)
Esther_1986 - Est 09/9 (cycle 5)
MarthasSOS - Martha 11/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
Meggy-moo - Agnes 11/9 (cycle 5)
pat_1949 - Pat 12/9 (cycle 5)
Deedee215 - Deedee 12/9 (cycle 5)
Flip Flop - Faye 12/9 (cycle 5)
March13 - Ann 12/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
LaineyK - Lainey 13/9 (cycle 5)
Linsey 50 - 13/9 (cycle 5)
ambercatz - Jan - 13/9 (cycle 5)
PeachyPal - Emma 17/9 (cycle 5)
Cassie1 - Jayne 17/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
Maxie - Sandra 17/9 (cycle 5)
flippantfox - 17/9 (cycle 5)
Artemis17 - Vicki 18/9 (cycle 5)
Suffolklady - Cress 18/9 (cycle 5)
Izzy1969 - Mandy 18/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
cazzer1970 - Caroline 18/9 (cycle 5)
titus4t - 18/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
Fimbo 123 - Joan 18/9 (cycle 6)
Glasgow Girl - Fiona 19/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
Melrose15 - Emma 19/9 (cycle 5)
NicJ - NicJ 20/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
Gussie-WW - Clare 20/9 (cycle 5)
Janet C - Janet 20/9 (cycle 5)
jmeg - Jill 23/9 (cycle 5)
LinsLleisio - Lins 24/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
BeckyJoan - Becky 24/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
jayney234 - 24/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
ChelleB15 - Chelle 25/9 (cycle 6) FINAL

GRADUATED CHEMO COLLEGE
pointy - Debs
Katherine10 - Katherine
nanniereeree

Just read some of your posts I've been using johnsons baby shampoo and my hair is lovely and soft and seems to be a lot thicker than before losing it ( I hope so you could always see my scalp)
Just that hair is very like baby's so that's why I used it
YB54321

Marion - got your email thanks. I sent you an invite to FB group just in case you want to keep in touch on there once you graduate tomorrow - so excited that another Jewel is reaching the end of the poisoning!

Good look Fi & Claire as well xx
Melrose15

Hi Jewels
Well i've managed to shove the train off and things are looking brighter.....although still have monster period (when will it blumming stop?!) and furry yukey mouth. Have really been a recluse since sunday so i think i'll have to shake myself off tomorrow and get out of the house.

Marion - bet you're looking forward to graduating? I won't say any of the cliches as they wind me up 😉 Lets hope you get through the next few weeks with minimal side effects and can start planning something to celebrate .
The lush bar shampoo I wrote about is from a shop called Lush. You can usually smell them before see them! I don't know if its any good but they're made from natural products so can't be harmful (although so is Tax and look what that bu**er does!!) I've looked up the fast shampoo and its got good reviews so I may well invest once chemo's finished. Its quite expensive though. Another credit card bashing!!

http://www.boots.com/en/FAST-Shampoo-Conditioner-Set-300ml_1303094/

Sorry can't scroll back to check who else is at the bar tomorrow but I wish you all luck and hope the hangover is minimal xx
titus4t

Marion what a great quote!  I'm going to save that one.  Good luck for tomorrow - how lovely to know its the last. You made it!

Day 7 of T for me and my mouth is awful. Eaten very little today as its so sore.  Much worse than last time.  But it is nearly over, which keeps me going.  

Time for a little lie down...

TaylorJ

Marion am so pleased that you are graduating tomorrow. Hope it all goes well and your side effects are manageable.  And yes I agree it hasn't gone quickly at all, it has been a real hard slog for all of us. Great that you managed to get out for a walk with your ED and GS. Let us know how you get on after your final chemo Marion.

Have just been out with SIL for lunch and nearly forgot to take my steriods, remembered at 3pm so hope I sleep ok tonight. 

Good luck to Fi and Claire tomorrow too. Hope you Jewels are ok? Love to all other Jewels. Xxx

Marionblue

Chelle -  Glad your done and home.  You have been so strong through this and also great keeping us all in line.   Fingers crossed that someone has nicked the sat nav from the Tax truck and it won't be able to find you. Not sure if you have my e-mail so will send it to you anyway.

Love and hugs to those Jewels that are suffering, everyday.  Fiona, can't scroll back but hope you're o.k..

Read a saying the other day :-

'Don't wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bl...dy thing yourself.'

(Sara Henderson, Australian writer)

Feels like what we have to do sometimes.

My ED and GS have been up for a couple of days and are on their way back to Cornwall.  We went for a lovely walk this morning up the hill and over the field in the lovely warm sunshine.  My legs were murder on the way up but thankfully no problem on the way down.

Well its my FINAL POISONING TOMORROW, HOORAY. I wish people would stop saying 'Hasn't it gone quickly'. No it hasn't..  I've had my steroids so probably not much sleep tonight, but as its the last time, I can do this.

Just hope it dosen't come up with a new SE for me.  Just the Herceptin till next June then.

Hope to get back with a good report tomorrow.

Love

Marion

XXX

YB54321

Hello Ladies - back from the bar and all done pretty quickly! Feeling fine at the mo (saying that very quietly so the Tax train doesn't run me over!) but am tired as was awake from 3 with the steroids! Going to try and get a sleep before next bumper dose at 6pm!
Hope everyone is well x
Katherine10

hi to all, last chemo monday, 20% less has certainly helped me, no abdomible pain this time, but teribble acid reflux and woozy head, and as others know awful tiredness, just hope chemo train doesnt find me. have radiotheraply assessment 9th sept, so will know when the next bit of fun will start, onc said should be 4 weeks after chemo have to see him on the 17th.

wish my hospital did a gym class for us it would be great, i do hope and wish everyone well

managed to go to my granddaughters assembly at school(bit of an effeort) she is 10 years old and was made a prefect so was worth making the effort.

love to all Katherine xx

artemis17

Cross posted Clare, glad youre on the mend..enjoy the TLC . xx
artemis17

Good luck today Chelle. The end is definately in sight. I know most of us still have  a lot of treatemnt to go through but the worst will be by us.

Fiona, sorry to hear youve not too great either but hopefuly youre avoiding the the sore feet etc of last cycle. Such a pity youre not part of the facebook group..can we do anything to persuade you??. Its so random at times, funny and also amazing support.

Faye hope things ok with you too.

Ive come to the conclusion that the bone marrow injections are responsible  the continuing pain im experiencing. The morphine does help, but within a few hours of having the jabs im in agaony again. Going to see what can be done as i ve still another  2 days to go. Never had a problem with them on FEC, but with TAX its horrendous. Added to that all the extra meds im now taking to comabt the morphine side effects, my poor stomachs about to implode...

Also have signed up for an 8 week fitness and well being course at my hospital. Based around keeping fit it includes use fo teh gym and pool(cancer patients only) free personal trainer sessions, nutritional and emotional advice, relaxaion techniques as well as lunah and the social aspect. really looking forward to it as locally theres not anything like LGFB/Headstong or Maggies. Its funded by Macmillan, i dont even have to pay for hospital parking. Woman Very Happy

Well hope all our Jewels are keeping as well as possible, big hugs and love to all.

xxx

Gussie_WW

Good luck Chelle today.

I'm feeling 1000x better after yesterday's little disaster ( was admitted to hosp for investigation but not kept in ). Looked after by my pals last night & now sitting up in bed fed, watered and planning my post breakfast nap. Tax fatigue is something else.
Melrose15

Go for it Chelle and Fi. The finish is in sight xx
YB54321

Hi Fiona - parents already here and on duty bless em, owe them so much! Sorry you're struggling as well - it's so tough. I met my ex the other night and he's still depressed and useless so I actually felt better because I know I've done the right thing splitting up with him. So much easier with nobody else to please or worry about!

We are starting to plan more of the trip to York but I don't want to put too much info on a public forum so Emma had suggested setting up a group email account so we can use that for planning purposes. If any of you who are planning to come along want to personal message me your email address I can get it set up (promise it will only be used for this purpose!)

Hope everyone is doing well as I can't scroll back - I've had bloods today and am ready for my next dunking tomorrow. I really don't want to go - I had enough now but it's got to be done I know and only 1 more after tomorrow

Love to all x
Glasgow_Girl

Chelle - all the best for tomorrow, Hope Mum and Dad will be around for TLC duties?
xx
YB54321

ChelleB15 - Chelle 04/9 (cycle 5)
Satsuma - Fi 05/9 (cycle 4)
Marionblue - Marion 05/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
Spurs79 - Claire 05/9 (cycle 5)
TaylorJ - Anne 05/9 (cycle 5)
Jackiebee - Jackie 09/9 (cycle 4)
ethel1 - Elizabeth 09/9 (cycle 5)
Esther_1986 - Est 09/9 (cycle 5)
MarthasSOS - Martha 11/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
Meggy-moo - Agnes 11/9 (cycle 5)
pat_1949 - Pat 12/9 (cycle 5)
Deedee215 - Deedee 12/9 (cycle 5)
Flip Flop - Faye 12/9 (cycle 5)
March13 - Ann 12/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
LaineyK - Lainey 13/9 (cycle 5)
Linsey 50 - 13/9 (cycle 5)
ambercatz - Jan - 13/9 (cycle 5)
PeachyPal - Emma 17/9 (cycle 5)
Cassie1 - Jayne 17/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
Maxie - Sandra 17/9 (cycle 5)
flippantfox - 17/9 (cycle 5)
Artemis17 - Vicki 18/9 (cycle 5)
Suffolklady - Cress 18/9 (cycle 5)
Izzy1969 - Mandy 18/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
cazzer1970 - Caroline 18/9 (cycle 5)
titus4t - 18/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
Fimbo 123 - Joan 18/9 (cycle 6)
Glasgow Girl - Fiona 19/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
Melrose15 - Emma 19/9 (cycle 5)
NicJ - NicJ 20/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
Gussie-WW - Clare 20/9 (cycle 5)
Janet C - Janet 20/9 (cycle 5)
jmeg - Jill 23/9 (cycle 5)
LinsLleisio - Lins 24/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
BeckyJoan - Becky 24/9 (cycle 6) FINAL
jayney234 - 24/9 (cycle 6) FINAL

GRADUATED CHEMO COLLEGE
pointy - Debs
Katherine10 - Katherine
Maxie

No hot Doctor in A & E but theres a lovely registrar who held my hand last time & last night stood at the foot of my trolley & rubbed my feet!!! Have been ribbed by the f/book Jewels for this as most of them hate having feet touched lol!

Fiona not liking sound of sicky s/e along with fatigue etc.... This Tax is bloody tough stuff isn't it...hope your energy picks up soon..x

Really hate that most of us are suffering atm , for first time on Sun night I did the "I cant do this " speech to OH, he just ignored me tho & know I've not got a chance of avoiding it 😞

Emma wishing you luck at the unit..x

Forgotten everything else I was going to say now, hate this site for not being able to scroll back ....still wish you'd all get on the f/book group 😞

Anyway time for another nap, got the bloody 'horse pill' antibiotics again, OH has to break them in half for me lol!

Love to all of you xxx
Melrose15

Anyone got a crane to lift me out of bed. I need to get to hosp but monster period is still taking it out of me and when I stand I'm so lightheaded. Phoned unit. Thanks Sandra for the push! And need to get bloods checked and picc needs flushing anyway but I just want to sleep. The boys are lounging around in different states of undress, attached to machines and I've no energy to bother with them and think they've forgotten I'm here. Might have to text them I need a drink!!
Glasgow_Girl

Hi everyone

Had couple of rough days on 2nd Tax, mainly fatigue, sore mouth and awful taste. Having caught up with the posts, I feel guilty as some suffering a lot worse. Luckily I've only had a little bone pain, sorted with a couple of Co-Codamol. Felt really nauseous yesterday and spent time hugging the bowl, didn't have that with 1st Tax.

Sandra - not A&E again lovely, so sorry to hear you back in. Is there a George Clooney lookalike by any chance? Hope you home soon.

Vicki - morphine!! You are suffering terrible pain, I'm so sorry. I hope it will ease off very soon.
Defo treat yourself to that stylist/ makeover when you feel like it, it's the least you deserve.

Cress - so sorry you are having a bad time with FEC, after having a rubbish time with Tax too. It's all c**p, I agree, having had another "I can't do this any more " meltdown at the weekend....... again. Family just agree and nod until I calm down, they're used to it. Doesn't help when OH says he feels depressed ( have to bite my tongue before I say something I'll regret). Doesn't realise makes me feel it's my fault he feels that way, but nothing I can b****y well do about it, is there? Sorry, rant over.

Paula - welcome. I did have choice initially of lumpectomy or MX, but after more biopsies, lump on the large side so MX needed. Glad I didn't have to choose, but defo go armed with lots of questions and another person with a notepad, impossible to remember everything afterwards. Good luck xx

Sorry if I missed anyone, it's a pity we're not as chatty on the new forum and a few regulars MIA, hope everyone is ok.

Fiona
xx
Flip_flop

Morning,
Good luck lins, becky and jayney.
Katherine- hope you got on ok yesterday?
Welcome paula- i was just told what i was having surgery wise, but im sure once chemo is finished the surgeon will be able to give you some more advice.
Vicki and emma - sorry to hear you are having such a horrible time. Sending you big virtual hugs. Weve just got to think it wont be for ever, and its doing an important job which in the long run is on our side (i know no consolation when you feel that pants)
Sandra- you do like that a and e dont you?? Is there a hot doctor there or somethin? Hope you are out and have not been kept in?
Hope all other jewels ok
Faye
PeachyPal

Hi Paula, welcome to the jewels.

I too am 40, dx was 22mm tumour, grade 3 triple neg , no node involvement. Had lumpectomy in May and had 3FEC and 1st docetaxel last week. I'm waiting for results from genetics to see if braca 1 or 2 - pending this I will be either having 6 weeks of rads or reassessing for double mx and hystorectomy.

Go armed with all your questions written down as you won't remember them all, if you can take someone with you who could take notes as I know I've forgotten stuff when I've come out.

Tax is much harder than FEC, not had a complete night sleep since receiving. Just when you think the bone/muscle ache is done it comes back. Up at 3 last night in agony. Just hoping that as it was the first, there was still some of the old drug in my body which made it worse ? Hope your SEs are not too bad.

Good luck to Lins, Becky and Jayney today, take those cocktails slowly xxxxx
artemis17

Good luck to Lins, Becky and Jayne today. You're on the home straight and although its getting tougher to face, its the penultimate one!.

Sorry for those of us still in the grip of hideous side effects, ive managed a few 2hourly kips through the night thanks to the morphine but have side effects from that lol. My poor body used to be temple, now its rubbish dump ;-).

Anyway another day, another drug, hope everyone gets through as well as they can. I do miss the old format for the forum as we definitely don't hear from everyone-myself included-as often. Those Jewels MIA you are in our thoughts.
Xx
Peabea99

Thanks Sandra ! I had a high temp after tax (first round of it) and was in a&e but after all the tests sent home with antibiotics. Sounds like tax is really causing problems with a few "jewels", sorry to hear that xx
Maxie

P.s Welcome Paula, never too late to become a Jewel!...can't help with your surgery choice I'm afraid as already had mine, but I know other ladies on here will be able to offer their thoughts soon!

Sandra xx
Maxie

Good luck to Lins, Becky & Jayney tomorrow...

Vicki hope the liquid morphine helping? Totally agree , can't believe how bad this Tax has hit me. In A & E at moment as temp shot up to 38.5 again, hoping they send me home, had the worst pain ever last night & spent whole day in bed today just wiped out. 😞

Hope rest of you Jewels not suffering too much xxx
Peabea99

I'm Paula . I feel a bit late in joining you but I'll tell you about myself as I'm in the same position as lots of you. I've just had round 5 last Friday (had 3 FEC and that was 2nd docetaxel). I'm 40 yrs old . I have the jabs every time and gone from 5 after FEC to 7 after "t"

I haven't had my op as my tumour suddenly grew lots after diagnosis so panic set in an they hurried chemo. I should have op 3-4 weeks after last chemo on 20/9. Lymphs clear so looking at lumpectomy although consultant said would do a mastectomy if I wanted. Given my age and grade (3) of tumour I am now armed with lots of questions to ask him next appointment.

Were any of you faced with this "choice". Would love to know your thoughts. I hope you don't mind me joining your forum to ask- thank you xx

Sorry to read about your problems with tax Katherine - I've had the allergic reaction which was most unpleasant . Not far to go, good luck xx
TaylorJ

Good luck to Lins, Becky and Jayney for number 5 tomorrow.  Let us know how  you get on ladies when you can. 

artemis17

Well ive been prescribed liquid morphine for the excruciating bone pain caused by Tax which will hopefully kick in soon although its brings its own set of side effects. Compared to FEC which didn't really have an impact ass I still worked, did zumba etc, TAX is awful and has completely lain me low.
I can only hope it doesn't get worse for the next 2 doses. No peeling skin although there's definate tingles. I completely underestimated how tax would affect me!.

Hope everyone is doing okay, obviously there's a few of us suffering on tax. Just hope it starts to ease soon. Hope today went ok Katherine and Jill take it easy.
Xx
Maxie

Katherine, hope you got on ok today. I personally thought I'd be better on Tax as less nausea etc & I'd always thought I had a high pain threshold but its an absolute b***h....really struggling at mo...xx
Tasha101

Thank you very much Jewels xxx
Jackiebee

Tasha yes I had that for first two FECs, did not happen with third. Hope this reassures you 🙂

Melrose15

Good luck all ladies at the bar today. Xx
Tasha my mx scar becomes very tender and tight after chemo but eases as s/e's do. Keep doing the exercises.

jmeg

Morning jewels sorry not been on here fir a while but busy week and just getting to grips with site change today is my last EC then I change to 12 weekly doses of Paclitaxel and just wondered is this the same as Taxol and has anyone else had the weekly dose dreading it after reading everyones Tax comments
jill x
Gussie_WW

Cress, I wonder if on a split regimen whatever comes 2nd whacks you twice as hard as the 1st? Recognise everything you say about FEC. Can't believe T is so differently horrible.
Gussie_WW

Hi Tasha. I had this too on FEC. My onc said tenderness & twinges were a sign the chemo was working! Doesn't sound very scientific but it was comforting.
Jackiebee

Morning all! Well it's  alovely day here in Birmingham. Eldest has gone back to school, youngest about to go to a friend's to play, and OH gone to work- I will be alone for the first time in 6 weeks! Whilst I will miss them, I have to say I am really looking forward to a couple of hours of peace!

I'm sorry to hear that those of you on Tax seem to be having a hard time. I'm just getting all FEC no T (I wonder how they decide who gets what??). 

Anyway, need to do a bit of work this morning, followed by wallpapering that feature wall in the lounge which I started last week (when I say started, I mean 'took the curtains down and got all the stuff out hoping OH would take the hint and do it over the weekend'. He didn't take the hint). Need to get it all done before next Monday when I have dose 4. 

Good luck at the bar today ladies.

Jackie x

Tasha101

Hi Jewels, I've popped in from the August forum to ask advice please? I'm on cycle 2 day 6 of FEC and the last 2 -.3 days I have had tenderness in remaining boob plus tightness in MX site. I wondered if the MX tightness was due to immobility as I've been in bed since Wednesday but that doesn't explain tenderness in boob? Has anyone else had this? Thank you ladies, and lots of love xxx
Suffolklady

Good luck Katherine. Sorry the Tax train is causing problems for some of you - I'm having my own battle with FEC! It's horrible but in a totally different way. Really fuzzy brain, weak and lethargic and my teeth feel loose! And hungry but nauseous at the same time! Chemo sucks! Have a good week everyone xxxxx
pointy

Good luck to all at the bar today. X
YB54321

Good luck Katherine - will all be over soon. You can do it x
pointy

Ladies, having been on Tax since the beginning I can honestly say that taste buds usually recover fully around day nine! 😞 But they do recover! 😄
artemis17

Katherine youve almost done the chemo hill and then that will be it ticked off, youve done great and this last final push will be the end of the hideous side effects. We're all getting there and in a couple of weeks you'll be the one urging us on having graduated... Big hugs and go kick ass, we are all here with you. Xx
Gussie_WW

Hang in there Katherine. It's not moaning - this is sh1t! I can't taste anything either (day 4 tax). My taste buds came back on FEC but dunno if tax will be the same.
pointy

Come on Katherine, final push, you are in the home straight now. Just one last lot of SE's to go! My mouth has recovered much quicker this last time but think that was because my C was slightly reduced. Make sure you get some anti fungals prescribed and start taking them tomorrow or thurs. good luck. Virtual hugs xx

Be brave Katherine you can do it.  Try to think long term xx

Katherine10

Thank you so much for the good wishes, am feeling very edgy, have tight knot in tum, have been so ill last 3 times, severe sbdominal pain being the worst, saw onc last week , said he was'nt worried about my other se but abdo pain did worry him, so has now reduced my docetaxal by 20%, have radiotherapy assessment on Sept 9th so hope i can make that, otherwise more delays, this sound like moaning sorry, be alright when i come home to night, still have no taste buds, such a waste eating i think nice food but  cann'ntell really what it is, has anynone had this problems and how long does it last?

please take care all of you, so good to have so many vertual friends

love Katherine xxx

artemis17

Evening  Jewels,

Think there are a few of us sufferring with TAX, hopefully it will start to ease off as it did with FEC. Have to say because i didnt really have a problem with FEC,  i think i was expecting to get off lightly with Tax too...Doh stupid me lol!!!. Smiley Frustrated Lesson learnt!!.

Ive done nothing all w/e apart from drink lime and moan about feeling low & how my mouth tastes. Have to apologise to the facebook gang as i did indulge in self pity, thanks for sticking with me.

Clare & Sandra you are being a lot more gracious than me on Tax, im impressed!.

Faye, did you go out for a meal in the end?.

Joan and Fiona, as old hands at Tax se's hopefuly the reduced dose is helping a bit. My skins ok touch wood, but i think you both saiad its day 6 it started, so ill be watching and waiting for it tomorrow.

Marion, whoop whoop not long and youll be our 2nd graduate, hope youve got your happy dance worked out Smiley Very Happy

As there doesnt seem to be much in my area ie LGFB, Head strong, Maggies etc, im thinking of  finding a good makeup/stylist person to give me the overhaul i need once my chemos done.  Its more about how to make more of myself.. ive never been a very glam or girly girl, but i think i want to learn how to  look good day to day and not take things like eyelashes for granted lol... Also im going to look if  theres such something like a toupee for women, as im just too self conscious about my thinning  on top (though back, sides and fringe all ok) yet dont need a wig or a scarf.  Everyone says you cant really tell unless you look, but to me its glinting in the  sunlight....Think a little googling is in order!!.

Well, hope everyone has a relatively quiet eve and we are all back to our lovely coping selves soon.

xxxxxxxxxxx