Just be diagnosed halloween

Hi all.

Have been reading through all your posts which have helped me greatly.

Such wonderful people on here truly inspiring.

I had first routine mammogram 2 and half years ago was all clear.

Went for my next one got recalled . Went back Halloween 2017 ,they done more mammograms scan and biopsy found two 2cm tumours in my left breast . Doctor in clinic told me I will need masectomy as my breast is small A cup.

Have appointment to see consultant on Wednesday.

This is all I know so far.

Wondering anyone had this diagnosis to start and what that turned out for them etc.

Obviously I am in shock devastated then go to stage don’t think it’s real up and down . Thinking the worst hoping for best.

Any advice similar diagnosis would be so appreciated by any off you fantastic women.

Lucia

Lucia

I have not had the same diagnosis as you but I wanted to welcome you to club that no one really wants to belong to. There are a lot of ladies on here who have had a mastectomy so you will get loads of help and support from them as you go through your journey.

When you go n Wednesday you will no doubt get your treatment plan which will set everything out and you will be able to ask your consultant any questions you might have.  Are you taking someone with you to the appointment, it would be a good idea as they will be another pair of ears for you, it is amazing what we miss as the patient as there is so much to take in.

Come on here whenever you need any support, just want to rant and rave, there will always be someone on here who will be able to help

Sending you a hug

Helena xx

Lucia

I also wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum.

You will receive lots of help and support from all the lovely ladies on here.

Sending best wishes

Sue xx

Thank you so much for replies

X

Hopefully someone will read and share something similar as to what’s happening with me.

Never been on a forum before so it’s a start for me. 

X

Hi Lucia - the same happened to me. Found a 2cm lump and then more tiny ones on MRI on left breast. I was a B cup and had a mastectomy in February. I had an implant at the same time. I can honestly say yep it was horrendous in the early days of diagnosis, waiting for results etc but i’m now back at work and living life as it was before. There’s always going to be breast cancer in the back of my mind but I think that’s something we all have to learn to live with. Keep positive - there’s light at the end of the tunnel

I told my children. Obviously devastated .

They are 26 23 21

That was awful.

Work only knows I have more tests to get done haven’t told them nothing more.

Couldn’t stand the pity etc. Will tell them when I have too.but I know they will be supportive.

I am very up and down. 

But now understand what people mean about getting treatment plan. Fingers crossed I am giving bit of hope something to say right this is not end off world

I really can’t get my head round no lump no symptoms but then reading on web etc realise that’s not always the case. Then I am second guessing saying but with a lump I would have knew something was there and went seen about it Versus how long is this in my body and I haven’t known.

I am torturing myself. But I will say this forum has been such a help already in calming me down before Wednesday…

At least I know I can post what  am I told and the ladies on here can tell me what’s what.

<li-spoiler>:heart:<br><br></li-spoiler>

Thanks again for your replies.

Lucia

Lol.@big pants.

All I was told at breast clinic was .

Cancer found in two arrears left Breast (That’s worried me two areas).

Doctor there just said its 2cm and there is 2 of them.

Masectomy will be offered .

Appointment Wednesday.

While at clinic at that day. Had another mammogram scan and biopsy with needle taken. Then brought in for the results  and that is what she said… 

The breadt cancer nurse was there give me her card to ring her. But haven’t so far. 

Lucia

Don’t worry about having the two areas (I had 10 lumps! ?) all gone now thanks to the mastectomy ?

Thanks ALex 

In my head I was thinking two areas.

Lucia

Also great to hear your back at work.

With such major surgery and whatever treatment you all have faced was wondering how long did it take for any ladies to get back to work.

Xx

Diagnosed Dec 2016 - went off sick as couldn’t face work (i’m a midwife and didn’t feel safe when my head was elsewhere). Mastectomy 1st Feb 2017, no other treatment needed (other than daily Tamoxifen tablet) and went back to work 3rd April

Can I ask you ladies what was your diagnosis and treatment was.

Two more days to go.

Lucia

1.7cm invasive ductal carcinoma ER+ PR+ HER2- with other areas of small invasive hence mastectomy. No chemo (as lymph nodes clear) and no radiotherapy (because had mastectomy) and daily Tamoxifen for 5 years.

Oh and grade 2

I am extremely anxious at the minute and teary . I have appointment tomorrow and am sick with nerves.

Mind is racing …

I too work in an office 40hours per week office manager .

I pray to get some kind of hope tomorrow that will lift this anxiety a  little bit.  I swing between thinking the worse and thinking I get not the worst news.

My appetite is now gone completely  and feeling off dread is engulfing me .

Lucia

Good luck with your appointment Lucia .Its such a horrible anxious time .Let us know how you get on .

Thank you all so much.

Lucia

What time is your appointment ?

9.30am.

What should I except at this appointment.

Lucia