374204posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just been diagnosed and waiting for op.

7 REPLIES 7
ellie49

Re: Just been diagnosed and waiting for op.

Hi Suzie55, just home from hospital and read your good wishes.  The op went okay, but unfortunately, developed a haematoma and infection so had to go back in 2 days later. Stayed for five days, and tomorrow going to have a scan at the breast clinic to find out what is going on.  Other than that not too bad thanks.  I hope you are still well. Best wishes

Suzie55

Hi Ellie very best of luck for tomorrow /today even, sure everything will go well for you Suzie xx

nickif

Hi Ellie, I am just over 2 weeks post lumpectomy. I found a small lump and when you are first dianosed its a shock. The lumpectomy itself was not too bad but I had an infection and a build up of seroma so have had to to have that drained a few times... I went for my results last wed and nothing in lymph nodes and magins are all clear so just radiotheropy.. I actually feel very lucky that it wasn't worse, especially reading some of the lovely ladies stories on here. Take care and just do each day at a time xxx

ellie49

Hi Suzie,

Thanks for the message, kind words.  Take care.

Suzie55

Hi Ellie, so sorry you have had to join this 'club' please don't dismiss your feelings as this is your journey and as you will find that everyone's is different with different diagnosis and different treatment plans.

I had a small tumor so was told from the outset that I would only need a lumpectomy and 3 weeks of radiotherapy but following surgery in June I had a genetic test due to our family history and because of the positive result have since had a preventative double mastectomy and implant reconstruction in September so I don't now need to have radiotherapy or any drugs.  Well despite having gone through all this I have felt guilty because I don't look like a 'cancer victim' but I have come to terms with this as this is my journey and its no less scary than someone else who is going through chemo etc.

All I can say is be kind to yourself and take each day as it comes and if you need any questions answering feel free to ask Suzie x

ellie49

Hi Tracey, you sound really positive.  You make me sound so silly.  I am worried about a small cancer and radiotherapy and there's you having had a mastectomy and coping really well. I hope all goes well with you, will be thinking of you and your forthoming treatment. 

Tracey7483

Hi ellie

I'm 2 weeks post op had mastectomy full lymph node removal and reconstruction feeling really good. Had consultant appointment today and found out 1 lymph node infected 5.5 cm tumour and grade 2. Awaiting letter to start 6 rounds of chemo and 3 weeks of radio but feeling positive and need to get rid of it for good stay positive x

ellie49

Just been diagnosed and waiting for op.

I have just recently been diagnosed with BC and am waiting for op on the 30th, feeling a little apprehensive about whats ahead of me.  They are telling me at this stage, op, then radiotherapy. I feel like I should be grateful that it is small, but still really worried. I know there are people  a lot worse, and I am being silly, but still worried.!!