cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just been diagnosed with breast cancer

8 REPLIES 8
jk7704

Re: Just been diagnosed with breast cancer

Thank you Nicnac, my mri was actually clear, (yes good news), but still need a lumpectomy to confirm what is happening. Still a bit confused but the Dr did say he didn't expect to find anything, so maybe a very rare case of cross contamination, but again won't have any definites until the lumpectomy?? Good news for you that it hasn't spread and I wish you all the best for your surgery and recovery. Xx
nicnac15

Well i had my mri scan wed not as bad as i thought rather noisey but painless. Met another surgeon on friday 25th, good news its nots spread anywhere else so im booked in for surgery on the 8th aug for a full node clearance and a lumpectomy was expecting to be told it was a mastectomy. So my countdown begins ! Wishing you luck jk7704 Xx
jk7704

Oh Nicnac

I know exactly what you mean, the waiting is awful as it's the not knowing. I've been reassured by many people on here that the not knowing is the worst part and I believe them. I feel if I know what I'm dealing with and then there's a plan in place we can get on to sort it out. I had a breast MRI today and it was not as scary as I'd been expecting. I've not been on this site for long and still don't know exactly what's happening with my breast cancer but have found it a great place for advice and support. Lots of luck xx
Lucy_BCC

Hi nicnac15 and welcome to the BCC forums where you can share support and experiences with your fellow users to help you through this difficult time

BCC provides further support ideas and information specifically aimed at younger women and you can read about these services via the following link:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/younger-women

Our helpliners are also on hand to offer you further practical and emotional support so do feel free to call to talk any concerns or queries over:
Lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Take care

Lucy BCC

nicnac15

Hi there, well this is all new to me, was diagnosed 2 days ago with breast cancer total utter shock and cant believe its happening to me ! up to now i dont know alot i have to wait until next wed for a MRI scan and then fri i will get the results to see if its just in one place.  they have already told me i have to have a full node clearance in my left armpit and maybe a lumpectomy or removal of all my left breast then start the chemo 6 weeks after surgery. its the waiting i cant stand im so impatient, Redrose65 i love your attitude and i too have to beat this i have everything to live for, especially my 2 children aged 6 and 10 and have a great hubby and family behind me. xxx

jayni64

Hi redrose

What alot you have been through.at least now you are getting treatment. Sounds like you will have good support around you. I had my diagnosis, biopsies and mri very quickly and was in state of denial. Couldnt believe all this was happening to me. I had mx and sn surgery on 1st july and will be seeing consultant on thursday to find out when chemo starts. Is your chemo this week or next week? Well whenever it is i hope goes okay for you. Keep fighting for your lovely grandchildren. 

Hugs jayni xx

Lucy_BCC

Hi redrose65

Welcome to the BCC forums, I am sorry to read about your experiences, it sounds as though you have had a difficult time over the last few months. Along with the support you will continue to find here please do feel free to call our helpliners, they are on hand with practical and emotional support for you on 0808 800 6000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

You may find the information and support via this link to the the treatments section of the site helpful over the coming weeks and months:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Here's a link to the BCC information about inflammatory breast cancer in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/primary-breast-canc...

Take care
Lucy BCC

jk7704

Hello redrose

What a rollercoaster you're on at the moment!  It's horrible when you know/feel something isn't right, but you're not getting the right answers.  At least now they're on it and you have a plan in place, but can understand how you feel. I'm still in limbo with what is going on & have a breast MRI on Weds & then another weeks wait for the results. Waiting has become my life for the last 4/5 weeks!!  Just want to know, to get rid & sort it out.  I love your fighting spirit and it's great you have supportive family and friends.  Lots of luck xx

redrose65

Just been diagnosed with breast cancer

My story so far. 

Just recently diagnosed with breast cancer,it took me 12 weeks to get a mammogram and scan. I was first told in March 2014 that it was just inflamed breast and to take Starflower oil to help. And wait for the mammogram appointment.
When the systems didn't improve and started to get worse i went back to my GP, to be given anti biotics just in case it was an infection. This didn't work so i was given naproxen a inflammatory which did help.But after taking for a couple of weeks it was still getting worse the pain was unbearable sometimes. So went back to doc,he called the breast cancer clinic about my systems while i was in the surgery with him.They told him to tell not to worry it wasn't cancer and to carry on with the star flower oil. I finally get my appointment to have a mammogram and scan. 12 weeks i waited for this. So in June i pop along to have the mammogram and ultra sound. I had a biopsy. Doc in there told me she would email all that needed to no and she wanted back in clinic the following week. I knew they found something. So back in to BCC following week to be told i have inflammatory breast cancer graded a 3 because its aggressive form. Thats all i no at the moment because i haven't had a CT scan yet. 2/7/14 told, 3/7/14 in having pre op, ECG, ETC. 4/7/14 in having lymph node removed. 8/7/14 in to see surgeon for him to tell me they dont think its in the lymph nodes,but it is in the muscle in my chest wall and i will need to loose one. Start Chemo next Wednesday.Lucky they seem to have got moving now. If they had done a biopsy on my first visit 14 weeks ago i could have been on my 3 chemo by now. But now i feel i was missed, my life is in the balance. I am 48 years old mother of 4 grandmother to 5, also split with my husband 4 months ago and have a new partner. Good way to start a new relationship. But he is with me 100%. Now i need all the support i can get from my wonderful family and friends to start the biggest fight in my life and fight i will. Redrose65