Just been diagnosed

Hi everyone my name is Ashley I’m 40 and just been diagnosed lump in breast and few small area in lymph. Getting lymph biopsy Thursday when they will insert clip to measure lump shrinking as I start my 8 sessions of chemo to shrink it. I have been feeling fine no pain at all now as soon as I got the diagnosis last week my breast arm and back are sore. Did anyone else suddenly experience this psychological pain or should I worry. Thoughts it spreading all through me …

Hi Ashley, I’m sorry you have had to join us but welcome to the forum, The psychological pain is something we all experience , suddenly you hurt everywhere and fear it’s spread all over you! It’s the anxiety playing tricks with us and your mind goes in to total overload!things you would have previously dismissed now become all consuming but it does settle down and you will find as treatments begins you start to regain some control again and things will calm down, all the very best to you Xx Jo

Hi jo thank you for your reply that does make me feel better. I did suspect it was psychological but having no one to speak to wasn’t helping. Xx

Sue
Thank you. I’m normally such a practical person and have been telling myself that the pain in my arm and breast is psychological but it’s not worked so to hear that I’m not alone means so much. I will definitely look at chemo group for march. Thankle you again xx

Hi Ashley. I am due to have a marker fitted this afternoon & another biopsy. I start the 1st of 6 chemo sessions next Thursday. Just wanted to comment to let you know that you aren’t on your own in this. The ladies on here a lovely. I must look up the monthly chemo thread which was mentioned. I am trying to take things 1 day at a time & live for the moment without worrying about what’s ahead xx

Hi Elizabeth we can speak later see how we felt the insertion was! Thank you for getting in touch. Everyone seems so nice xx

Good morning Ashley. How are you feeling today? x

Hi Elizabeth a bit sore from biopsy but not too bad. How did you get on X

When I was diagnosed I had back pain, arm pain in fact constantly had a hot water bottle on my lower back and then between my shoulder blades. Had a mx last week and haven’t got those pains now! In fact my arm pain that I had had for a year no longer hurts and I can’t help thinking it was the tumour causing resistance when I stretched my arm (particularly when I reached behind me) - doesn’t hurt now!

Ashley I’m a bit tender from biopsies(I had 2). However I’m not popping the painkillers on a regular basis which is good as I also have a line of stitches at the side of my breast from sentinel lymph node removal last Monday. Got my wig yesterday & I love it. Glad to have got it before the chemo starts on Thursday 

Hi Elizabeth I’m just more stiff today from the biopsies though that didn’t stop me going horse riding. Good luck with chemo I’m waiting on my start date xx

Hi Ashley. Golly, horse riding? You were brave! I’m feeling slightly more pain this morning from my op on Monday & under my arm is a bit numb. I think I will be popping a few more paracetamol today than I have been. Looking forward to having a full shower this morning. Happy Sunday x

Hi Elizabeth
Was good to get few hours in the fresh air. Arm bit sore today from biopsy think he hit a nerve.
X

My mum helped me put on a new dressing where I had some lymph nodes removed & said under my arm is slightly bruised. This is where I’m feeling the pain. It’s understandable as I’ve a row of at least 9 little plaster type stitches at the side of my breast. I’m taking the opportunity this afternoon just to lie in bed & rest 

Hi Elizabeth
Just checking in so see how you are doing
Ashley

Hi everyone. I was diagnosed last week with a grade 2 idc that is between 6-8mm. I have been scheduled for a wle & sentinel node biopsy on 6 March at my local NHS hospital. Yesterday I saw a consultant privately. He was very thorough and took a lot of time to explain everything. 

Now I’m confused. Not sure if I should go with NHS or go private. I don’t even know the cost. My step daughter came with me. Her mother died of bc, so she is very anxious and feels I need the best possible treatment. 

Does anyone have any thoughts to offer? 

Hi Kezzar
I thought about going private but the NHS do seem to have their cancer treatments and plans well sorted. I’m going to stick with NHS for my treatment. Hope that helps
Ashley

hi Kezzar,
Your diagnosis & treatment plan sounds very similar to mine. I had mine done on the nhs & couldn’t fault it, for me it didn’t make any difference to treatment or time scales, as treatment guidelines are very clear & well established.
There are others who have gone privately who would be able to advise.
ann x