Just been diagnosed

I have just been diagnosed 3 weeks ago with grade I invasive ducall papillary breast cancer. Booked in for mastectomy and was coping well until yesterday then couldn’t stop crying for no reason .Consultant prescribed Anastrozole at the time and not sure if tbc drug is contributing to my mood . Partner said shake it off easier said than done

Sorry should have read grade 2

Oomph Jess

My heart goes out to you. The last thing you want or need when you’re being faced with such a MAJOR, MASSIVE recent TRAUMA, is to be told to - what!!!    “SHAKE IT OFF” !!!

NOT the right approach, not a supportive attitude. You need as much support as you can get and gentle CARING.

I don’t know if your partner is male or female, or, from the sounds of it, some kind of unfeeling, heartless robot !!!

I’ve experienced what you are facing, (TWICE in fact) and despite the fantastic support I received from friends and family, I was single at the time and very much wished I’d had a LOVING, caring, supportive partner BY MY SIDE to LEAN on and help, to SUPPORT  me - BE THERE FOR ME. 

Your post makes me feel that perhaps I was lucky NOT to have had the EXTRA upset of having such a NON supportive partner issues to have ALSO had to deal with ON TOP of the obvious MASSIVE TRAUMA.

He or She needs someone to give them a bl**dy good TELLING OFF for such an INSENSITIVE attitude. If you still value your relationship with this person and they you, but you find it difficult to have a much needed necessary conversation with this partner and, you  have family and friends there for you - get THEM to have a word, to make and put this point across. Plus - SHOW him/her this response from me. 

My use of so many capital letters and exclamation marks in my reply is to STRESS my disbelief.

At the same time, I am also greatly aware of how such news can be such a shock and therefore difficult to know how to cope with for the OTHER people involved and it is early in the proceedings. I sincerely hope that perhaps they are trying to gee you up or rev you up in order to help you fight and attack what you are having to face - in other words giving you some “tough” love. If that IS the case - OK. BUT. . . .  it IS well and truly TOUGH !!!  

Hopefully, their response is well meant underneath. BUT if it ISN’T - you do NOT need or want such an insensitive and UNsupportive person in your life at such a time !!!

All my best to you along with loving, healing thoughts.

Delly xx