Just been for results- breast cancer

I have just been diagnosed with breast cancer stage 3 with suspect lymphs more tests on them tommorow before op on monday , luckily the consultant feels lumpectomy will be enough with radiation therapy afterwards and then to be taken from there as to further treatment, I broke down couldnt help it emotions took over. I feel lucky its been 3 weeks from finding the lump and im being operated on monday, so now its fingers x for results of op and onward treatment positive mental attitude is now required BIG TIME love to u all x

Hi, I just wanted to wish you the best of luck. You will find a lot of support on this site and nothing is too silly to ask xxx

Sending you lots of love,hugs and thoughts for your op on monday! My mum has just been diagnosed and we are still in the limbo stage at the moment as to what treatment she will need or if it has spread! agonising time!xxxx

Lottie,
It’s good that you have been dealt with so quickly - there’s nothing to be gained from waiting around after diagnosis. Surgery was a great deal less awful than I imagined (and I had full mastectomy ) and the relief of knowing the lump has gone makes any discomfort bearable.
Wishing you all the best for Monday and a quick recovery .
There will always be someone on the forums to reassure you and answer questions.
We have all been lucky to find each other here. No-one can understand us better than the others who are making the journey.
Love and hugs,
Kathleen

Hi Lottie

I am sorry to read about your diagnosis, please feel free to contact our helpline for further support and information on 0808 800 6000, the lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 9-2 Sat

BCC has published support information for those newly diagnosed which you may find helpful, you can read more here:

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Take care
Lucy BCC

Just want to wish you good luck,i found out last thurs that i have breast cancer grade 2 and I’m still in shock, I’m also getting married july.I have got my opp 5th march

Hi zumba and welcome to the BCC forums

Our helpliners are here to offer you further support and a listening ear on 0808 800 6000, the lines are open 9-5 during the week and 9-2 Saturdays

BCC have published information about breast cancer surgery which you may find helpful along with further support ideas which you can access here:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/treating-breast-cancer/surgery

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Hi Lucy
Thank you xx

Hi Zumna
Thank you for your kind wishes, you have something really good to focus on your wedding its the best day of your life so you make sure you get the day you deserve ! I must admit as soon as op over and rads well on way hubby and i are going away somewhere sunny to blow away the cobwebs… one things for sure your priorities in life sure change when something like this happens and we are gonna make sure we start doing all the things we said we would when the kids leave home and havent bothered since … they say life begins at forty well mines gonna be 49 x

Hello Lottie and Zumba,

Good luck to you both for your ops and subsequent treatment. I hope you’ll have a speedy and complete recovery. And congratulations on your wedding, Zumba! Wishing you and your partner all the very best for a wonderful day and a long, happy and healthy future together!

Take care, Angelfalls xx

Hi Lottie and Angelfalls

Thank you both so much for your kind words.Lottie i don’t blame you we will be going away somewhere hot once all this is over,It sure does make you look at life in a different way.
I think it’s the not knowing what treatment i will be having after my op i’m hoping just radiotherapy fingers crossed.I will hopefully find out more info 2moz when i go for my pre op as couldn’t talk to anyone when they told me i had bc.
Take care both
xxxx

Hi again
well yesterday was a bit of a weird one, results for lymphs came back clear but consultant unsure so going to do lymph biop while im out on monday and take it from there, but now it looks as if it will be chemo after then rads and after who knows… this is due to the grade ( 3 ) invasive and my age… so i was on a real downer i thought i may have escaped the chemo but looks like thats not to be, until monday im not going to stress myself out anymore whatever they recommend i will take life is precious … good vibes and virtual huggs to you all x

Hi Lottie
Good luck for monday big hugs xx

Thanks Zumba
trying to stay calm but actually crapping myself … to be expected only had my tonsils out to date so at 49 thats preety good eh… post soon x

Hi jsut been diagnosed too, op 5th March, then results and what ever treatment necessary, got great family support and I am the boss on who comes to see me and who stays away till I say they can come. got to be in control. hope you get some good support too.

Hi Lottie

I know how you feel i’m so nervous and my op is not until 5th march but got a busy day the day of my op,have to go to two different hospitals the first one to have some dye put in and a scan for my lympth nodes and the over to the 2nd hospital for a wire and then my op so nervous then i have to wait 2 weeks for results to see if it has spread to lympth nodes i will then know what treatment i will have i’m hoping that it’s not chemo cus of my wedding in july so keeping my fingers crossed keep me posted hun will be thinking about you xx

Hi Sukicher

Good luck for your op mine is the same day so nervous but will be glad when it’s all over.Take Care xx

hi everyone
i was diagnosed in dec had first op on jan18th lx and SNBiopsy the operation wasnt too bad at all mine was also grade 3 i am having 2nd operation on march 8th as they didnt get enough clearance round lump and then start chemo and radio
good luck lottie63 on monday you will be fine with your operation if you have to have chemo you will get through it we can get through it together
lots of love tracy xx

Hi ladies
Thank you for your messages, feeling happy just been to see Billy Elliott the musical kids got tickets for my birthday which was the day I was diagnosed !! it was great to forget about bc for a couple of hours, its now nearly 12.00 and i have had a great night just what the Dr ordered, I will post after op and let you guys no how things went, love to all keep smiling ( or try to x )

Janice x

Hi Janice
Just want to say good luck for your op on Monday.
I go to see the surgeon on Tuesday hopefully will get a date for mx and recon
Sending hugs
Gillian xx