Just been told off!

Hiya girls

Some of you may remember me. I was dx Dec 2006 with Grade 3 triple neg bc. I don’t post very often, but ‘pop’ in to see how everyone is doing. My OH just asked me what I was doing, so I told him I was just reading about everyone. He asked me if I still post and I replied ‘not very often’. His response was 'just because you have finished, remember when you were first dx and how everyone supported you, don’t you think you could be there for the ‘newbies’, like they were there for you. So ladies, my sincere apologies for not being there for you. I don’t profess to have all (if any of) the answers, but I have been where a lot of you are now and have come out the other side. I’m not completely free from battle scars, but am doing ok and will be returning to work in 10 days (eek). If I haven’t already said it, thank you all for supporting me and I will do my best to help you in any way I can (get me in OH’s good book lol). I can’t believe how quick the time has gone, from diagnosis, through chemo and rads and now I’m here 15 months later with a full head of hair (albeit curly grrrh) and still have a positive (sorry Jane) attitude. This is one journey that I did not want to go on, but if I hadn’t, I wouldn’t have ‘met’ some of the most strong, courageous, amazing ladies that this world should be proud to own. Each and everyone of you should take a bow - you’re awesome.

Julie x

Hi Julie

New here last month - I’m 51 and had mast/axillary clearance and DIEP recon 3 weeks ago - and I’m already incredibly grateful for the support and friendship provided by the users of this forum, I am in awe of everyone dealing with BC, and their families and friends, but it’s especially warming to read your kind message. I’d like to congratulate you for getting to where you are now, but also for taking the trouble to gently remind the angry and frightened newbies that it CAN be done. Very best wishes to you.

Love, Lyn xxx

Hiya Lyn

Glad I could be of help. At the beginning, BC is all you can think of and I used to search the internet looking for people who had survived. I’m not saying I’m a survivor, but it proves that, when people have finished their treatment etc. they don’t use the forums as often. There will be a lot of ladies out there who have survived and, for one reason or another, chose not to use the forums, which should give us all hope. I didn’t consciously chose not to post anything, I just found that I didn’t think about it as much as I used to and just ‘dipped’ in every now and again. When I was first dx there was a particular group of ladies, who I see now and again on here, and there is now another group. This time next year, there will be another group, but we’ve all been there and it never really leaves us. I’m pleased to say that bc is NOT the first thing I think about when I wake up and my life is pretty much back to normal (apart from work - yet), yes it’s still scary and I do still have the odd blip, but I try not to worry about something that may or may not happen. I used to be the biggest wimp ever, I worried about everything, but somehow gained inner strength that I never thought possible. If it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone and as someone once said to me - A woman is like a teabag, never knows how strong she is until she’s in hot water - how true. Keep strong girls and keep focused, you’ll get there.

Love & hugs

Julie x