Just confirmed secondary bone/ liver mets

Hi, was diagnosed with secondary bone mets in Jan and just found out this week my liver affected too. Had been on letrazole and zoladex injections but obviously not working. Starting oral chemo (can’t remember name) next week and course of radiotherapy 1st June. As you can understand I’m absolutely gutted, this is so not fair, but have to try carry on as normal and put face on for sake of my 2 young boys. I’ve been told exercise is one of the best things I can do , so my poor wee dog is getting walked off his feet.
My consultant and breast nurse both say this treatment, carpe…something is very effective. Anyone had any experience/ advice, x

What a shock for you jeannie. I think the chemotherapy you are starting is Capecitabine, the other name for it is Xeloda. There is a particularly long thread here, have just bumped it up towards the top for you, full of tips and support. I was on Capecitabine for just over four and a half years. My friend, she had liver mets, was on this chemo for over nine years. Take care with the exercise as one of the common side effects is sore feet and hands. I hope Capecitabine works well for you. X

Thanks Belinda, that is the name of the chemo they’re starting me on. They did mention sore hands and feet and said to be very particular about moisturising. X