Just diagnosed

Hi to all.

I’m a newby, just diagnosed yesterday and still in shock. I’m only 29 with 3 beautiful girls aged 6, 2 and 21 weeks old. To be told that I had cancer was a massive shock, I suppose nobody really expects it. i have a 2cm grade 3 invasive ductal carcinoma and pre cancerous celss through the rest of the tissue so I face a mastectomy and chemo. I’m not really sure how to deal with things yet or even how to deal but I’m sure it will all work out well in the end. Before treatment starts my consultant wants me to have a full body CT and a full body bone scan to to make sure I have no tumours elewhere but my lymph node biopsy was clear so I’m pretty confident the scans will be clear too.

I just wanted to say hi to you all and introduce myself quickly.

X

Kander

Hi Kander

Firstly, welcome to the forums, I am sure you will find it a great source of information and support.

I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few days and weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with things and getting to grips with your treatment plans, etc.

As well as the support you will receive on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

Also, if you need further support and information or just to talk things through with someone do give the bCC helpline a call. They’re on 0808 800 6000 and are open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Kander, sending you a big hug.  Trust me you will find some amazing inner strength to deal with whatever this thing throws at you, and having your kids will keep you busy and give you something else to think about.  I also have a grade 3 invasive ductal but have been lucky to just have a lumpectomy yesterday, though I would have taken whatever surgery they wanted to give me.

I wish you well on your journey XxXX

Hi Kander,

I am also newly diagnosed with a 1.5cm grade 3 so facing a double mastectomy and chemo. I am 33 with a 2 year old and a 4 year old. It is so daunting the first week or so, but slowly but surely I have come to terms with the diagnosis and I am ready to face the treatment. I spent the first week analysing every ache and pain in my body, but after a huge crying session the tension released and I felt so much better.

Be kind to yourself and definitely have a good cry when you need it!

Lyns x

Hi Kander

I also fairly recently diagnosed… 2 w ago… what a range of emotions I have been going through!
Lots of crying lots of acting normally … I have been going to work but feel very tired I think emotions catching up with me and I have a 2 year old.

I have found each time I see the consultant I come away feeling like I have more information and a little more in control.

I think the waiting for all the tests is the worst bit…

Thinking of you

Xxxx

Kander

Just to reassure you…

I found my lump really early. Again scan showed nothing sinister but the Dr did a cell test as I have a family history and it came back showing cancer. But I am still having a double mastectomy. I have the DCIS cells like you so its a preventative measure. I personally think they are likely to find the cells in the healthy breast too once its removed as its so hard to pick up on the scans… Just a feeling I have. I am having immediate reconstruction with implants. I might not need chemo depending on the node test results.

So if you had been diagnosed 18 mths ago it might not have made much difference to the treatment.

Leesa xx