Just found another lump

Hi Ladies

Was dx with cancer oct 2007. had lump removed in Nov 2007. 3cm tumour clear margins and no node involvement. Started chemo in Jan 2008. Had 4 FEC and 8 TAC then 4 week of rads.
Had app. with oncologist on the 19th Sept. She told me everything was good and i dont need to see her again until Jan next year after having another mamogram in Dec. The problem is that ive found another lump between the 2 scars on my breast just under the scar where the lymph nodes where removed. I had some hardness around the scar where the lump was removed and onc said that was normal after the rads and could take 6 months to settle down

I dont know wether the lump is just tissue hardening but im absolutley petrified. My husband want me to go back to the doctors but i think maybe im just overreacting. Dont think i can take any more

Is there anyone out their who had the same thing. Surley its not possible to get another tumour in the same place only 12 weeks after finishing rads, is it?

Please help!!!1

Lynnex

P.S i was Triple Neg.

Hi lynne

I totally understand your worry!
I had 17mm tumour removed 4/10/07 the chemo, rads and now herceptin until April 09 no nodes invovled and clear margins. I felt a lump a few weeks ago i had a appontment with consultant as due for recontruction next week she did core biopsy all clear, but yesterday had ultrasound and there is an area they are concerned about 3cm in size so i have had to have another core biopsy in the same area and not getting results back until Friday so currently living on my nerves!! I was so exicted about having reduction on good breast and to start living life normally again and i am now in fear is it back!!! He has said hopefully it is scar tissue so i am keeping my figures crossed!.
Please go and get checked out as we all know the earlier these things are caught the better.
Good luck

Lisa x

I think it is probably scar tissue but you MUST go back to the doc TOMORROW.If it is nothing how good you will feel and if it is something the sooner its out the better.I had a lump again a few months ago and it was a little cyst,lots of people have fatty lumps and yours sounds like scarring to me but you have to have it looked at asap.Al the best Vxx
ps I am triple neg too

Hi Lisa & Horace

Thank you soooo much for your advice. I have been to see onc today and she is sending me for another biopsy, hopefully next week. She said it could just be scar tissue or a gangley but because its round she just wants to check, she didnt rule out another tumour thiough. Cant quiet believe its happening again it was this exact time last year that i was having my first biopsy.
The hardes thing is telling the kids and trying to pretend there is nothing to worry about when im absolutley terrified. Hopefully it just a cyst or scar tissue!!!

Lisa i hope your reults where good. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.Let me know

Thanks again

Lynnex

Hi Lynne,

I got my results back and it was clear! I feel i can breathe again.
I am due to have reduction on my good breast on the 10th and for me it was a year ago today i had my orignal tumour removed! I felt i was just starting to get my life back and then the worry all over again . I also think it is worse 2nd time as you are aware of what the treatment consist of etc.
I will keep everything crossed you are all ok and please let me know.
Where are you having your treatment?

Lisa x

My friend had this, a new lump on her scar and it was a re-occurance, so glad you got it checked.

Good luck

Irene

Hi Lisa

I am just waiting for the hospital to ring with the appointment for biopsy. I am trying to remain really positive especially for my kids

I am so pleased you where all clear what a wonderfull relief. I think the knowing what the treatment is going to be like does make it worse i really dont know how i will cope if i have to go through it all again.

Im having my treatment in Spain and the language thing has been a problem but i think im now fluent in hospital lingo LOL

Thanks Irene

Was it worse the second time round for your friend and how long was it after her first DX

As soon as i have the results i will let you know.

Lynne x

P.S The lump it also very painfull even to touch not like the first one.