Just found out I've got B C

Hi, I’m new to all this, just found out.
I’ve to go back on Monday to get date for my surgery and blood test result.
Will find out after surgery if I need Chemo but I will definitely need radiotherapy.
Still in shock to be honest, never expected this.

Hi Kalo

Welcome to the forums. 

I’m sorry to hear of your diagnosis, the first few weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with your diagnosis and treatment.

As well as the support you will receive on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

You may also like to talk things through with one of the helpline staff, they are there to offer emotional support as well as provide information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Kalo,

I’m so sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. We all feel that initial shock, but when we get our treatment plan we begin to feel calmer and knuckle down to what’s necessary for us. Here is a link to a booklet that you can download from this website:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/bcc44_breast_cancer_and_you_web_2013.pdf

I hope you find it helpful in the coming weeks/months. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you don’t need chemo, but if you do, you will find the Monthly Chemotherapy Threads helpful:

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/bd-p/Chemotherapy_monthy_threads

Best wishes

poemsgalore xx

It’s all shocking, I have good n bad days as you will too, I had double mastectomy on 25th Feb so still early days, waiting to start chemo. How did u find out? Routine check up? Take care Angela x

Hi kalo i too am sorry you have had to find yourself here,i had my mastectomy 4th April last year with chemo and radiotherapy and the best advise i can give you at the moment is dont go to any appointments on your own your head is a shed and they give you so much info you can not take it all in.Its difficult for me to say what questions to ask as i dont know every thing they have told you.What i did i kept my note book and pen with me at all times and i wrote all my questions down because you do forget,when my breast care nurse came out to visit me and the family she answered them all.I also bought myself a big diary so i could keep track of all appointments and i filled in daily when i was on chemo.Hope this helps. Yvonne

Thanks girls,
Yes my sister wants to come with me much to the relief of my hubby (not that he wouldn’t go, just my sister really wants to help) and he might get more anxious than me.
The hardest of all is my youngest daughter who is 30 and has learning difficulties and very bad health, I am her full time carer, she is finding all this hard to cope with. She doesn’t like us talking about it and has gone very moody. In the last 3 years she’s had 6 abdominal surgeries (4 major ops) and spent countless weeks in hospital. This is just the last thing we a need. :frowning:

I too have a sister just the same we are very lucky aren’t we. My BCNurse came out to visit me at home I hope yours does and she can give your daughter some peace of mind.My 1 and only child is 21 and he just freaked out he couldnt deal with it, i made him take the morning of work when she came and it did help him. Yvonne