366974posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just found out!!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Just found out!!

We've been in contact with Midge and Jan by email, but just for anyone else reading this:

Although the forum troubles mean we have almost definitely missed (or delayed) some posts from new users, which I agree is totally unacceptable, in this case the post was not set live while we contacted the poster in line with our policy about not using full names as user names. It is our usual procedure to not set live posts where people appear to have used their full names as their forum user name until the issue has been resolved. This usually happens quite quickly, so this kind of delay is very unusual. Where there is a delay, we will sometimes post on the new user's behalf while we resolve the user name issue.

Looking at this post, it looks like it should have been posted on the new user's behalf as soon as it appeared in our system, to ensure she could get timely support while we resolved the user name issue, and I apologise that this didn't happen.

Dear Jan

I so so so hope you got some support on another thread and were not just left hanging after posting this. You posted thisas while back and you may need different questions answered. I only hope you have good access to your breast care nurse and medical team because this forum has completely let you down. I would love to say post again and we will help, but at the moment I cannot guarantee it and that is a disgrace.
I completelunderstand how you feel as that was just like I was two years ago when I was diagnosed. I needed to know everything, unfortunately the answers are not easily found on this new forum. But if you have the energy do try. My fear is that you start googling- it may be too late to stop you. But there is too much incorrect information out there. Macmillan is good and so is cancer research.
I may even suggest you look at some American forums for support. their treatments are different to ours but they have the same feelings. I cannot believe I am suggesting you go elsewhere. But I want you get get support and I cannot guarantee it here. You have not been supported when you need it.
Good luck Debx

BCC- I have not commented on the state of the forum up to now but this post has really upset me. If a mod is reading this is a DISGRACE. I have raised money for your charity and so have many of my friends and family largely as thanks for the support this forum gave me when I was first dx. Now we hare leaving women stranded. You can apologis u til the cows come home, but how many women's posts are missed or cannot search or have posts unanswered. Awful, awful, awful

Hi Jan,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will received lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

Firstly, I must apologise that it is only this morning that I have found your post and set it live. I don't know if you are aware but we are having a lot of technical difficulties at the moment so again I must apologise for the delay in your post going onto the forums board.

As well as all BCC's publications which are available to you one of the services we offer here is our freefone telephone helpline, the staff are here to support you through this and are only too happy to talk to you when ever you wish. Calls to the helpline are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10 -2.

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Just found out!!

Found a lump in my breast Jubilee weekend and my op is a week on Thursday, to be followed by radiotherapy.
In order to stop myself going completely round the bend with worry I have to know, down to the last little detail, what is going to happen to me before, during and after the op, what the problems/downsides could be etc. The more I know, the calmer and more confident I'm becoming. I've already started the post-op physio exercises, cut down on the cigs etc but I just wanted to say how much all your posts have helped me. Thanks