Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just found two lumps -- questions

3 REPLIES 3
MelMc68

Re: Just found two lumps -- questions

Hi Helena,

So sorry to hear you've found yourself in this position. The first thing to do is see your GP ASAP. If they can't give you an appointment soon, tell them you have found two lumps in your breast so you need to be seen quickly.

With your family history, you are at an increased risk, though I'm not suggesting for a moment that it is cancer; just that family is a factor that needs to be considered.

Your GP should send you to the breast clinic within 2 weeks so that they can do all of the necessary checks to establish what the lumps are. These checks may include a mammogram (dependent upon your age), an ultrasound scan and usually either a fine needle aspiration or a core needle biopsy. If they do take anything to be tested, you will probably wait up to two weeks for those results. And that is the difficult part; the waiting.

I don't know if there is any link with the skin sore, but definitely get yourself to the doc's as soon as you can. Don't panic though, as most lumps turn out to be harmless. Bear in mind that most people who respond on this site have had cancer, because those who haven't tend to stop using the site once they no longer need the support. Stay calm, and don't Google!!! Stick to sites like this where you get factual information.

Hope this helps a bit. Take care, love and hugs, Mel. xx

saffronseed

Any changes to your breast need to be checked out so you do need to make an appt with your GP and they will refer you  to a breast clinic if appropriate - they are the experts and if you are referred will do an ultra scan and biopsy to find out if it is anything to worry about.    There is a gene that can be passed on that increases the risk to breast cancer so with your family history it is doubly important that you check your breasts and you mention your family history to the GP when you go.   wishing you all the best x

Sam_BCC

Hi Helena

Welcome to forums, it sounds like you're having a pretty worrying time at the moment. I'm sure some of the other users will be a long soon to offer you their support and knowledge.  In the meantime you ight find it helpful to give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with a member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator  

Helena5512

Just found two lumps -- questions

I just found two lumps in my right breast, both are right next to each other, hard, non painful, and my nipple is scaly.

I'm going to make an appointment but I'm just worried right now. A couple months ago I got a skin sore in the same area. I know it isn't scar tissue because you can feel where the scar stops. Is there a relationship between skin sores on the breast being a first sign? Also, my grandmother, grandma, and mom all had breast cancer -- is their a relationship between family history and breast cancer?

Thank you.