Just got head round next step after op and petrified....

Just waiting to get dates for chemo once seen dr again petrified after reading all the info…makes me feel physically sick. …anyone any advise to get through this nightmare xx

Hi Debra

so sorry you are struggling at the moment. All I can say is your mind is your worst enemy; once you start the chemo you are able to focus on the enxt and the next course. The chemo is a scary thought but it is not as bad as your mind tells you. The antisickness medication (emend) is fantastic. On the day I had my first dose I went shopping with my hubbie - I must admit after a couple of hours I felt like someone had pulled my electric plug out and felt exhausted. It took about 5 days to feel normal. I was on FEC T;  the T was a little tougher and took about 7 days to feel normal.

You can prepare by getting everything you need for the chemo…tooth brushes, creams, nail varnish, eye lashes, hats or wigs, treats, case packed, etc etc. It is also important to have your teeth checked by your dentist prior to starting chemo.

I hope this helps and I wish you well x

Thanks …bought toothbrush today. …tuesday hoing to dentist …flu jab and coil out life in the fast lane xx

Having EC X

Creams ???

Welcome debradebs,

You’ve given us that your about to start chemo, but not much else. I didn’t require chemo or radio, just two mastectomies nine months apart 8 & 9 yrs ago. But it doesn’t mean that I can’t be supportive in the chemo sense. 

There’s a whole team of well experienced chemokids on this forum and if you haven’t already checked it, go into the “Going Through Treatment” section board in the 1st page options/sections and it’s brings up a whole section for chemo-ers. Use this forum to help with any questions, support, help and advice - there’s always someone who’s had the same difficulty or treatment, so able to offer advice. It’s been a godsend to me so I can’t recommend or praise it enough - the people on here are so helpful, guiding and friendly, and despite the seriousness of why you are here, you will hopefully have a laugh too.

I also wish you well with it. Keep us in touch, let us know when chemo starts for you so we can make sure we’re ready and waiting to lend a hand, ear, shoulder and/or tissue? No point me telling you to try not to worry cos the reason you’re here is basically ***t and we ALL know it is.

Lotsa love Delly xxx 

Thanks not good on forums xx

Hi Debradebs

Like you I am new to this, and finding it a touch worrying. I have found that whilst there is plenty of info out there on the web, the best thing to do is ignore it, for it can truely petrify you. If you have trust in your surgical team and the nursing staff that surround them, and can talk to survivors - do that, the future will hopefully not seem as bleak. If the TV ads are anything to go by, the odds are getting better in our favour as time marches on.

As for me, diagnosed in August, operated on at the end of September - we were out of the country for a week or so, hence the delay. The operation was a doddle, no physical pain, just mental - worrying about what might come next, but my wife says I have been mental for ages now. When I did see the Consultant, 2 weeks later, I was told that the lump was cancerous and so were the Lymph nodes - all 14 of them. After another 2 weeks of woundhealing I see the Oncologist tomorrow to see when I start Chemo, I already know that I will be having Chemo followed by Radiotherapy, so it looks like the next holiday will be later next year.

Have already had the dental side sorted, I have not had a ‘soft’ toothbrush since the early 1950s, had flu jab too. Number 3 grandchild, an inquisitive little soul, wanted to know why he was told to be careful when playing with Papa, seemed to be content when shown the scar and told that Diesel 10 had been running wild but Ferdinand had sorted him - Thomas the Tank engine to the rescue again.

All we can do Debs, is look forward positively, there are others near to us that will need to draw on our outlook to be able to give us the support we will need.

You are totally Papa with your comment about talking to survivors have one such conversation planned for Friday. Off to see oncologist tomorrow afternoon to hopefully sort dates out. …flu jab done dentist visited never been do organised…Thomas the tank has a lot to answer for xx take care hope all goes well tomorrow for you too xx take care Debra x

Hope you get sorted is it an oil charge leak!!! start my treatment on 23rd was all so matter of fact today signing forms hope you move easily into the 21st century …my tablets gathers dust all day …stay positive xx debra

Hospital pre assessment in the morning to sort out who knows what …sounds like thomas got his points wrong need to readjust his signals Mrs Papa x take care

Thank you very sweet of u x think the unknown is the worst feeling ever x

Yesterday was yet another surreal day…was better than I expected only there 2 ish hours…today feel yuk but ok x how u doing ?

I had sore throat on Friday when they did my bloods and all came back clear …eat plenty fruit and wash down with the malt I think but treat yourself to a fab new bottle x

Thinking if you …you take care I’m sat here trying to decide whether to throw up or go back to bed x hope you have a good hospital and they’ll ok after u …cheers xx

?

Hop all goes smoothly xx

Hiw u doing ? Hope all went smoothly x

Sounds like fun x always good to see the funny of all this its that keeps me going xx the lady opposite me was 92 and curled up and slept I never got the choice …take it easy and sleep xx we didn’t have a tv x

Have to say never been to loo so much …certainly never drank so much fluid …someone brought me round fresh pomegranate juice which was actually quite nice …I Google it first to see weather it was good for me and my fav bit of info was that increase spermatogenesis production in rats…who knew xx not actually been sick yet but my stomach is only happy when I’m eating and then somersaults after until feeding time …not impressed with this …decided little and often better than 3 meals. .watched 2 films today …need to get motivated but really can’t be bothered …have a good sleep Debra z z