Just got home...

Just got home…

Just got home… Hi everyone,

Just got home from my appointment where I was recalled. Not so good. Lump in left breast, I saw it on the xray as soon as I went in for another mammogram. The nurse said please do not start panicking yet, but you do. Anyway, had three mammograms done on the left and ultrasound done to put a long needle pushed through to see if they have the right area, then one on my right to check how it looked. After the mammograms, I was told to not worry, but they wanted to do a core biopsy on the lump. This was done straight away, then she did another one! I was really worried as to what it could be. After the biopsies, they put large patch on, and asked if I was ok. Bit shocked really. Anyway, they have taken my phone number and will let me know the result in 7 days!!! How am I going to get through the week? I got myself in a mess waiting for this appt after being recalled. The anaesthetic is wearing off a little now and both biopsies are beginning to ache. Feel a bit numb at mo.

Ronnie xx

waiting game again Hi Ronnie

I’m so sorry to hear of your experience today. I know how hard it is to go through that experience. Going through that is hard enough but then you have the hardest bit to come which is the waiting. I went through all sorts of emotions. (read my posts on my profile you will see the journey I have taken.)

Not everything comes back bad news, but like most people faced with a situation like this your head is all over the place. I am sure no matter what , you will find so many people who will be there for you Ronnie to help with your concerns, and you’ll be surprised who’s on line at night when you can’t sleep so you do a post, and hey someone is there with you. It is a journey but not one you have to do on your own. We help each other. Remember that and post anytime.

thinking of you in your days of waiting
Much love
Scotty

Ronnied This is the most difficult stage, the waiting game. I think it’s the night time, when the demons creep in. The only thing I can say is to try to keep busy. Difficult I know, it is always lurking there at the back of your mind. Even though I’m now only six weeks away from the end of my chemo, I still have to try and keep busy. It’s the first thing that pops into my head when I wake up in the morning, and last thing that I think of before I go to bed.

Hope you get a good result

Sarah xx

Thanks to you both. Will try to keep busy. Let you know how it goes.

Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

Hope you are managing OK, I only just found a lump, haven’t even been for the mammogram yet but I’m thinking the worst all the time. I know everyone says keep busy but my mind just wanders and I keep coming back to this website when I should be trying to finish the magazine I run on my own! Too many deadlines looming, but only one matters!! Friday 4.30 when life changes… perhaps. Whatever, I hope we can stay positive. Hope you are coping better today… Thinking of you

Hi Ginger2

Will be thinking of you on Friday. I was shocked to discover I had a lump, and I am fairly sore today after all the prodding etc. Anyway, trying to stay positive and keeping busy. Thanks for your thoughts. This forum is excellent as everyone knows how you are feeling. The waiting is the worst. I cannot wait until next Wednesday now when I get my results. Everything I do, my mind goes back to it, only human after all.

Ronnie xx