Just had LD flap reconstruction

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would come on here and tell you that I had my LD flap reconstruction with implant done last Weds (2nd Nov) and can only say that if any of you ladies are having any doubts about having it done then dont, despite the pain and discomfort it has all been so worth it, I am loving my new boobie, I cant thank my surgeon enough for what he has done, i feel confident, happy and more like my “old self” again, although am not like “old self” as well if you know what I mean, I had my mastectomy in Dec 2010 finished my chemo in March and was asked to be referred back to the surgeon 6 wks post chemo, I am still having herceptin treatment.

Debs x

Well done you!
Mine done in March, tidy up last month. Mine was a bit of an odd job…but you are so right …all worth it.
Blessing

Hi
What a lovely post!

I had mt LD flap in September, without the implant. I am hoping to have the implant in soon…

Naz x

This is so good to hear. Get fed up of reading problems and negativity… need to hear someone’s success story! Having LD next spring with an expander… until its stretched the skin enough for the implant, will have the other one tweaked when the implant goes in… and am very excited. I know things can go wrong but feeling positive and know its the right thing for me.

That’s great news, so glad it has turned out well for you. I due to see my surgeon on Tues 15th Nov, to finalise a few details before my LD with implant reconstruction, which shd be done before xmas. Had MX Sept 2010, followed by chemo which I finished in March this year,and am now on Letrozole.
Want the reconstruction done, BUT am very nervous and worried about the surgery, so its good to hear the positive comments posted on this site.
Had BC 19 yrs ago, so you can imagine I was devastated when it returned. But I have beaten it before and will do so again.

Take care and thanks for such a lovely post.
Maria x

Go for it Tiger 45. I had mt LD flap op in eatly May, all in one go with mx as I was very fortunate and didn’t need further treatment. I love the end result and it’s been relatively plain sailing. I am having a ‘tidy up’ early next year as am still without a nipple, but the shape and feel of my new boob is great. I’ve even got a cleavage which I occaisonaly flash ever so slightly just because I can!
My suregon did a fantastic job and my recovery wasn’t as arduous as I’d expected. I swim regu;larly which has really helped me build up stength in the affected arm.

I’m still in touch with a BC patient who underwent exactly same procedure as me at same time and in same hospital but with another surgeon. She too has remained problem free and is very satisfied with the outcome.

Lou

x

Go for it! I had LD flap surgery one year ago yesterday!! I’m very satisfied with the results and have had radiotherapy on it too which has caused it to go a bit hard but its not uncomfortable and it will soften in due course. I had it done at the same time as MX too like Lou. I’ve also got a tidy up and reduction of my right boob after xmas - definitely worth it for me xx

Have just been and had dressings changed again today, and it is looking even better than a few days ago, I am so happy I could burst, the pain is now easing every day and am goin longer without painkillers, I will be having my nipple done next year sometime havent decided when yet.

i have a cleavage again woooooo hooooo hoooo and have just been and bought some “proper bras”, have chucked the prosty in the bin along with all my “other bras”, its onwards and upwards for me now, i will keep popping back to see how all you other ladies are getting on.

Debs xx

debs
what a fab post and i loved reading it! i had my ld flap done last year but my body rejected the implant (a week before my wedding!!!) so i have been a year without my implant but…its going back in on Friday!! woohoo and hopefully with no infection etc it might actually stay there! i would LOVE to have a cleavage again!
really really pleased your so happy with yours!!!

deed
xx

Hi Deed

I had read so many posts that were awful I thought it was time that someone put something good on for a change!

That is such a shame that your body rejected the implant it must have been devastating and can only sympathise with how you must have felt, fingers crossed though that everything goes well for you on Friday, you will have your clevage back before you know it, keep me updated.

love debs xx

Deed

Just wondering how your recon went

Debs x

Wow, that’s so good to hear. Had co mx on the 8th and although I really miss my cleavage all the negative posts about recon was making me wonder if I would go ahead. But now u have given me something to focus on to get me thru chemo ,
All the best for ur recovery ,
Herbi x

Just to say, im so happy with my ld reconn, if happy bout cancer is the correct wording, but I had mine in 2009, and today it looks ans feels like my other boob, my BC surgeon worked wonders, had a few hiccups after surgery but so glad that I decided to have this done

good luck , it will be fine for you im sure xx

Hi Herbi

I am so glad that you found my post usefull, I am sure that there are a lot of other girls out there that are very happy with the results of the LD recon.

Good luck with the chemo, it is hard but doable as all the girls on here will tell you

Debs x

So good to read these posts. Am having bilateral MX tomorrow with imm LD reconn and am so nervous but this has made me feel better.

Had bilateral BC three years ago followed by chemo, rads. Am BRCA2 carrier so have to give myself the best chance possible.

take good care xxx

Good luck Brenda,
Big job but worth it. Mine done in March, tidy up in Oct.
You should get good symetry as double job.
Wish you lots of strength, love and constipation remedies. The last thing you want to do is have that to face as well. People rarely mention it, but the morphine/codeine has this undesirable effect. Get those remedies to the ready!
Empathy and love
Blessing

Hi Debs and everyone else :slight_smile:

I had my LD reconstruction at the end of June 11 and It’s looking good! I’ve also been able to throw out the post op bras and go out and buy some underwired pretty ones. I tell you, with my clothes on you can’t tell I’ve had anything done and I have a cleavage whohooo. Ok with my bra off, my normal boob is about 4 inches lower, but who cares lol. The journey to get this far has been quite tough, not because of pain, but just the general adjustment to having had the cancer. I’m so glad I decided to have the reconstruction done. Next year I’m having a bit of a tidy up, new nipple with tattoo and a lift on the good side and I’m quite excited about it…I think I might end up with a better pair at the end than I started with. Cancer…just fight it!!!

Hi Ladies

It is so good to hear of some lovely stories about the reconstruction.

Hope Brendas double went well and that she isnt in too much pain, had to have a giggle about the constipation I had forgotten about that!.

I am going to have my nipple and lift done too Gill but think it will be after i have finished my herceptin in May I am going to give myself a few months off from hospitals before I ventue back on that rollercoaster!

This journey that we all have been has been an awful one and I dont want to go on it again, but I have also met some wonderful girls who i have befriended for life so out of the bad has come some good.

Debs x