Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had my diagnosis

14 REPLIES 14
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Just had my diagnosis

Jeb that's great news all the best for Friday.
Jeb12

I went to the hospital yesterday and was given a possible date of 25th Sept for my operation, as they were trying to fit me in. So was not expecting a phone call this morning from the hospital. I am now going to have my op on 14th Sept, which is next Friday. Am pleased as not long to wait now just the wait for results to come back after lumps out. Hope it goes fast but still got sometime to focus on now.
Jo_BCC

Hi josie

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

While you are waiting for replies I have put for you below the link to BCC's publication regarding Pagets Disease, I hope you find it helpful. If there's anything you need to clarify or more questions you want answering then a call to our freefone helpline you might also find useful, 0808 800 6000.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/pagets-disease-breast-bcc38

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi.
im 30 years old and just been diagnosed with pagets disease of the nipple after being misdiagnosed for a year by my doctor. i had a mammogram which was clear but as nearly all cases of pagets come with an underlying cancer i am worried the mammogram could of missed something or i have a hidden invasive cancer aswell as pagets, im having sentinal node biopsy and lumpectomy on 19th september so wont know the results for a while yet. has anyone else heard of pagets cuz any info would be a great help.
good luck to everyone on here
josie
xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jeb,
Sorry that you have had to join us on here but you are in the right place for support

I've had a lumpectomy 3cm and clear nodes, I'm just undergoing chemo then rad and 5 yrs anti hormone, it will be a shock but you will find so much support on here. The surgery will come round in no time.

Make sure you take it easy and listen to the drs and your breast care nurse

Big hugs

X xxx
valleygirl51

Hi Lizzy09
I'm also having lumpectomy and snb on 17th September-a lucky day for both of us I'm sure. My first mammogram and a lump got picked up. Thank god for the screening but this time between results and treatment is awful. But the ladies on this forum so inspiring! I'm going through ups and downs and then consoling friends and family all I want to do is treat it as a blip and get better and back to normal! Same as all of us eh! Love and hugs Sue x
Louise_BCC

Hi Lizzy09

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care Forums, I'm sure you'll find them a great source of information and support. Do call our Helpline though if you feel you need to talk, in confidence, about your treatment, side effects or general information and support. They're on 0808 800 6000 and are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2.

You may also be interested in our Resources Pack for those newly diagnosed with Breast Cancer, it's filled with information to help you understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. Here's the link to the page where the pack can be ordered:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early...

Best wishes.

Louise, Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi I am 56 years old and was diagnosed with cancer on Thursday. I am to have a lumpectomy on 17th September followed bu the treatments. Until they have done the op and the sentinal node biopsy I won't know whether or not it has spread. I am ceratinly kicking myself now for being "too busy" to attend my last routine mammogram appointment!
dib

Hi Jeb,I had lumpectomy to start and was out of the hospital the same day,back at work 3 weeks later but the radiotherapy was very tiring and I reduced my hours.If theres no genetics involved hopefully you wont need anymore surgery.unfortunately in my case I carried the brca 1 gene so had preventative surgery too.Please tell your family and friends so they can support you.Good luck hun.
Di.x

carrie35

Hi Michelle is so right you will feel dreadful at the moment and wonder why you and think the worst. It's all a shock and the next few weeks and months will be a haze of hospital appointments and prodding and staring. Your friends and family won't know what to say to make you feel better and you will go through anger, and be emotional at the most inappropriate times. I couldn't stop crying every time I entered a hospital but held it together when not there. BUT THE GOOD THING IS you will come through this, you will cope with whatever is thrown at you and you will look at life differently and start to live it! Once the op is over and your treatment you will resume your normal family life and things will get better. I have met manywomen's who have been in your situation who are all getting on with life and you would never know they had been ill. Next time your on a train or in a busy shopping centre and looking round at all the women in it and thinking why me, they haven't got it, well I bet you a lot of them have. Be positive, your have probably had it for some time but didn't know, now you can do something about it! Best of luck and feel free to rant in here x

Jeb12

Thank you very much for the links Anna
Jeb12

Hi Michelle
Thank You for your reply. I'm sorry to here what your going through too. I'm not sure if I will need chemo just yet, I've got to have my op first to find out. I hope it's not too long till I know. I think once I know the date I'll have something to focus on.
Hope your not felling to bad. Big hugs to you too x
Thanks
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, sorry to hear of your diagnoses you have come to right place for support....I had a sentinal node lumpectormy in May was in and out the same day currently having chemo then rads then tablets for five years, its normal to feel upset and worried at this time its such a scary place none of us want to be , all will can do is try and stay strong positive and ride the storm when we can and cry when we need to....
SENDING YOU BIG HUGS....
Michelle xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jeb12,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care Discussion Forums. While you’re waiting for replies from other forum users here are links to publications which might be helpful just in case you haven’t seen them on the main BCC site. Please do also give the BCC Helpline a call if it would help to talk to someone in confidence. It can provide emotional support as well as a wide range of information, Tel 0808 800 6000 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 10am-2pm.

Breast cancer and you: diagnosis, treatment and the future:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-you-diagnosis...

Your operation and recovery:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/your-operation-recovery-bcc1...

Radiotherapy for primary breast cancer:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/radiotherapy-primary-early-b...

With best wishes,

Anna, BCC Faciliator

Jeb12

Just had my diagnosis

Hi All
I've just had my bad news!! I have got to go back to see my surgeon next week to get my operation date, as she was on holiday so they we unable to get me the date this week. All I know is that I will need to have radiotherapy after my op and tablets for 5 years. The registrar that I saw said my cancer was about 2.5 to 3cms in size, is this big, small or average, I've no idea. I don't like this waiting, sometimes I feel fine and others I just want to cry. I'm normally a strong person but this is so different. I'm so worried about telling my family and friends. I know that the outlook is so much better these days but I carnt stop worrying. I've decided on a lumpectomy and just wondered how long if at all I am likely to stay in hospital. I would be greatful of any advice.
Thanks