Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had op

3 REPLIES 3
Anniej
Community Champion

Re: Just had op

Hi Gingernut, yes, the drain! I've got mine in a little bag which I carry around with me. At present its slung over the back of the chair, also got my hairbrush, hand cream and lip balm in it. I'm still feeling a bit woozy, are you? Thought I was doing much better but after I'd had a nice wash and changed my pjs yesterday I slept for four hours!!! I've got my appointment on 28 th. for results. They've already said I'm having everything thrown at me, so anything less is a bonus. 😬

Did you get to your party?

I will find out in about 3 weeks whether cancer really gone. Had mascetomy with implant reconstruction. In for one night. Feeling fragile because I live on own. Also went home with drain. It is a nuisance. Makes doing things harder especially when it is like Mary has a little lamb....,ever I go the drain has to go too.
Anniej
Community Champion

Hi Gingernut, well done on having got rid of the cancer. The feeling is great, isn't it? I am coping with pain with the codeine phosphate the hospital gave me, plus a top up of ibroprufin. No pain really, more discomfort. Getting rid of the anaesthetic will take a week, I was told. I am much dozier today than I was yesterday. Had my op Monday and out same day with a nuisance of a drain.

Enjoy the birthday party.

Just had op

Hi there I had for mascetomy and reconstruction in ward not able to sleep. Wifi good in hospital. You can use mob to connect to iPad so bring both in if you have. If only if you have just the one 

for anyone concerned op.you don't remember general ansetic.  don't worry There is no need. There is some discomfort If all goes well cancer will be gone. Follow up 3 April. 

Going to brothers 50th birthday but get picked up at home by brother.