Just signed up!Hello!!

Hi all, just signed up to this forum today,although I was diagnosed back in June!been through the chemo thing,the next thing was the surgery 2 weeks ago, Lymph nodes removed and breast removed,that was a shock the first look at my bod! I am on hormone therapy now and will be on rediotherapy soon,very sore at moment ,and doing my exercises as best i can.Keeping positive, have good and bad days, that may also be the hormone tablets!!Anyway hello to you all and lots of love!! xx

Hi willowcat, here is the link for Undergoing Treatment for brest cancer; it might give you an idea which thread you need. If you are unsure click on to latest posts or active topics - all on the left had side scroll down bar.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/forums/treatment-side-effects/undergoing-treatment-breast-cancer

Hi Willowcat,
Welcome to the forum, I was diagnosed in January and finished treatment, surgery, chemo, rads in September, now on Tamoxifen.
See you have binoculars in your profile pic, are you a birder?
Love Lydia x

Hi Willowcat - welcome to the BC community. I finished my treatment in May. I’m TN so nothing else to take. Just now keeping my fingers and everything crossed. I think good and bad days are the norm, tablets or not. I became more fretful after finishing treatment. I had a mx following bad histology results after the WLE and axillary clearance then chemo then rads. I still feel the need to use the forum - other than a friend who’s been through it just before me I really feel the need to keep in touch with people who understand and also those new to it all who need a bit of support.
Good luck with the rest of your treatment.
X

Hello Flori and chascat!,and thankyou very much for your replies, good to hear from youIn answer to your question chascar, yes I am a birder, not a very good one but I try, I live in Norfolk near the coast and we have some lovely places to go birdwatching round here, I am also a conservation volunteer and am missing going out working clearing scrub from reed beds and Brushcutting, I love using all the big machinary, when I asked my breast care nurse when i could go back to doing this they looked horrified, Im not so stupid as to think its not going to be a bit of a long haul, but i miss it very much, up to welly tops in water, trolling around, and harnessed up with a big old powerful brushcutter, ha ha!!And thankyou Flori for your comments its good to chat to other people in the same boat like you say, those who have been through it and just starting out on their treatment!!Whn i was firstdiagnosed i tended to steer clear of any talk about the cancer, unless certain friends did ask about it, but she was having her own troubles with a heart condition, we were considering visiting the vets to be put down,sorry weird sense of humour!!!all the best to you all and lots of luv xxxx

Hi willow at, I’m a birder too, also not a very good one! Don’t get chance to do a lot but keep my bins close by just in case!

What is it they sat, anything about??do you have anything interesting in your area?

Longing to get out again, am bit achy at moment, and get tired easily, cheeses me off a bit,used to being quite active!!
Hope you have a happy new year, doing anything tonight?? xxxxx

hi i’m new to the site diagnosed end november told lump was 12mm and that will decide treatment after surgery when they have tested the nodes by one doctor. Had lump removed 24/12/12 but this was done by a different doctor and was told it was aggressive and treatment would start with chemo very confused as 2 docotrs sayin different things

Hi Bluedwarf

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site who I am sure will be along shortly.

In the meantime our helpline team are just a free phone call away for extra support and information. Unfortunately due to the Bank Holiday today the helpline is closed but reopens again tomorrow morning, Wednesday at 9am - 5pm, 0808 800 6000.

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Hi Blue Dwarf
Second doctor probably knew more as they would have examined the lump at the time of the operation so I would go for his/her opinion rather than the first one. Mine was Grade 3 15mm so considered small and agressive. I had 6 lots of chemo and 25 of rads. All finished as of end of Oct. I would imagine you would be offered all of this. I had all my lymphs removed as well - did you? Although it is scarey at first - it is amazing how you “just get on with it”, no choice really. Please PM me you need any more details.
Take care and remember this site is a godsend and great for sharing and ranting too!
K M