Just want to know!

I’m petrifled I have got bc! I have an app at the breast clinic on Monday which seems a million miles away. Ive convinced myself there is something wrong, I’ve been suffering for a while with breast pains, a feeling of discomfort in my armpit, shoulder and collarbone pains and pains in my arm and now in my ribs (all on my right) Not to mention the night sweats!.I had a core biopsy 2years ago and the lump i have was diagnosed as a fibroadenoma, I made the decision to not have the lump removed. I now regret my decision as I feel I’ve let this distract me from the other symptoms and now I also have 2 smaller lumps in the same breast!!! I’m so emotional and can’t seem to look forward. I was too down to go to work today and spent my time alone in my bedroom.Ive tried talking to my husband but he thinks I’m being silly…how the hell am I supposed to not worry?? I’m tired, in discomfort and totally miserable, probably could do with a slap!
Im so sorry to come on here and be so negative as lots of people are experiencing far worse than me(I haven’t even been diagnosed) I’m just so worried that I will go completely loopy if I don’t let out my feelings.
Nikobobs x

Hi nikobobs

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums. I’m sorry to read you’re going through such a worrying time at the moment. Hopefull some of the other users will be a long soon to offer you their support and understanding.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes sam, BCC Facilitator

most breast lumps are benign, and as a rule fibroadenomas are not usually removed. my clinic wouldnt remove them so you wouldnt even have got the option here.

you say you have pain in your breast and generalised breast pain is not usually significant, unless associated with a lump or other symptom. your doing the right thing getting it checked but dont beat yourself up over things that happened in the past.

the fact you have a lot of pain around that side could be from you poking or prodding, especially when your worried, you find you poke and prod more and you sit analysing every ache or pain.

fingers crossed your new lumps are also fibroadenomas and the pains are nothing more than anxiety… but if you does turn out to be suspicious you have dont the righht thing getting it checked and they can then get on a deal with it.

best wishes.

thank you lulu for your reassurance! my ‘fog’ has lifted slightly today!!i was offered the removal of my fibroadenoma as soon as it was diagnosed (its quite large.) . my two other lumps feel different, smaller,more like peas??? and the feelings i get are like burning /stinging:( fingers crossed all will be fine, monday us not too far awsy! i will be happy to get the ball rolling xx

Hi Nikibobs
How awful for you to have to be going through this. Waiting to be seen/waiting for investigations/waiting for results all adds to anxiety.
It doesn’t matter how likely or unlikely your symptoms are to be breast cancer - in your mind it is unless proven otherwise.
However resourceful you are in trying to work your way through your feelings it helps to be able to let them out.
Other halves - old friends - our kids - don’t always respond in a way that seems appropriate to us. It can be upsetting but I suppose we don’t know how we’d respond to someone only how we ‘think’ we’d respond or how we’ve responded to others in the past.
Thank goodness for the forum where people will respond who can help you through this.
Regards
Vx