Kadcyla Will Stay On Cancer Drugs Fund

via change.org

4 Nov 2015 — Fantastic news - Roche and the NHS have reached an agreement on the pricing of Kadcyla which means that it stays on the Cancer Drugs Fund and will remain available for patients in England.

Thanks to over 42,000 people taking action to put pressure on Roche to drop their price, they reduced the asking price for Kadcyla to a level that the NHS could afford. Thank you!

While this is amazing for all the women affected by secondary breast cancer who will be able to continue to access this one-of-a-kind, life extending drug, patients relying on other delisted drugs such as the breast cancer drug Avastin for future treatments will no doubt be devastated.

Our success with Kadcyla shouldn’t hide the fact that the system isn’t working and it needs fixing. We must continue to put pressure on the pharmaceutical industry and government to find a sustainable way to make highly effective cancer drugs available across the UK.

Just posted that on the Kadcyla thread good news x

Although it doesnt help me (i was HER2- and even thogh i am now HER2 1+ this is still classed as  - ) this is fantastic news for fellow sufferes of this dreadfl disease. Just a pity they didnt save Avastin and all the others that have disappeared!!

Hi Freakzilla and everybody,
this is really good news. Let’s hope it lasts. I only made an appointment to see my MP about this on Monday. Unfortunately, he doesn’t have a free appointment until the 15th of January. I am still going to see him to ask what will happen when the cancer drugs fund from April when it is due to end. I just hope this isn’t just a temporary reprieve. When I first heard it was being removed from the list it made me feel terrible. I don’t think others appreciate how hard it is to live and cope with all the anxiety and uncertainty we have. This felt like a piece of my security had been taken away. Sorry to sound so dramatic.

I will also talk to my MP, about the Medical Innovation bill which I thinks like a very important development in the treatments we can all have. There is always something to think about isn’t there.

Happy Guy Fawkes night.

Pumpkinsue Xx