Kadcyla

Hi folk, wondered if you’d all heard the

lhttps://www.nice.org.uk/news/article/kadcyla-too-costly-for-use-on-the-nhsatest challenge -  

it looks as though a Kadcyla is being withdrawn,  BUT ALL IS NOT LOST, 

Coukd  - a) sign this petition breastcancernow.org 

b) respond to the NICE consultation -  you will need to register as a stakeholder, but the only takes a few minutes - web page for consultation nice.org.uk/guidance/indevelopment/gid-ta10056/consultation/html-content 

The sort of this you can say -  challenge their thinking - their evidence was only based on very small samples and evidence out here on those using the drug is that it’s a life saver, ( extends life much more than the 9months that their trial suggest) - a blanket no really isn’t helpful, and they need to put in more detailed assessment of thos using the drugs now.

c) write to your MP about it 

Thanks for posting about Kadyla here. I  hve alread taken action and woul urge everyone to sign the petition and share it with friends. If you are up to it contacting your MP would be great - the more voices the more lkely we are to be heard.

I have already signed the petition through Facebook but ladies its a vital option for her2+ ladies …so hopefully we can save it.
Xxxxx

Sorry Samantha
I live in Devon and so too far away. I have no experience of kadcyla as I don’t have the right sort of cancer but feel strongly that it must be saved as its a vital treatment for a lot of ladies.
Anything I can do by e mail/ electronic …let me know.
Carolyn xxxxxx

I am on Kadcyla and my oncologist went to the CDF
on the 7th November it was approved and he rang 9am the next day to tell me .
I have also signed the petition and written to my Mp
One thing I am also experiencing is blurred vision And was diagnosed at NGH eye a and e 2nd Jan
2nd my third visit in six days was corneal erosion
I had my third treatment yesterday of Kadcyla and wondered if anyone else is having the same experience
Much love to all Kate x

I am on Kadcyla and my oncologist went to the CDF
on the 7th November it was approved and he rang 9am the next day to tell me .
I have also signed the petition and written to my Mp
One thing I am also experiencing is blurred vision And was diagnosed at NGH eye a and e 2nd Jan
2nd my third visit in six days was corneal erosion
I had my third treatment yesterday of Kadcyla and wondered if anyone else is having the same experience
Much love to all Kate x

Oh very well done all of you too xx

Moijan

Hi Kate my vision is getting blurred and I’m on number 5 Kadcyla xxxx