Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kate is unwell

129 REPLIES 129
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Kate is unwell

Heres wishing well kate and fingers crossed for the poss trip home. Love Irene XXX

dm1968

Kate - how fantastic to hear from you - I have been checking everyday, as probably like everyone, when you first became unwell, I was very concerned for you. I cannot believe wot a fighter you are and how much will power and determination you have to keep on going and fighting, even when the odds are against, and just hope I can be as strong as you, as and when the time comes.

It is good to know that you are now in a side room, cant be nice being in a ward especially as you say having very ill and old people around you, not good for you either in helping you recover quickly.

I do hope you get home soon too, as there is no better than being in your own bed to help recover. I know that from being in hospital this time last year, and getting home, although tiring with the kids, was like a tonic to me.

Make sure you keep resting, keep up your recovery and speak soon.

Take care and lots of love
Dawn
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Always thinking about you Kate xx

Jacksy

Oh Kate, so glad you're doing better and now have a room of your own. Thrilled the onc is talking about being here after Christmas - that must be so comforting. Whatever we think of it, it IS an important time for family.
Big love and hugs
Jacquie xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

As i said previously quite new to the site, but from what i've read about you Kate your an amazin lady. Glad things are improving for you and your family. Hang in there....
Sending loads of the good stuff

Best wishes
Jo

HeatherLou

HI GIRLS - MESSAGE FROM KATE....Had a lovely trip to see her today. Wifi problems continue...so we put this on a memory stick....

Thank you so much for your kind words - have not really read them as 10 mins had no wifi access and now do - for some bizarre reason so need to make post short.
Have had a massive shock by becoming so ill and then picking up again so quickly that it feels really unreal.
As Heather and others said, I went into hospital on 1st November with a mild chest infection and then really nearly had a respiratory arrest on tuesday 4th nov when my lungs and heart sac filled with fluid. I thought I was seeing things on the monitor but the look on the newly qualified nurse's face said I was right to be panicking about the readings on the machine and how I felt. It's on my blog anyway all that bit upto tuesday when I came here to the hospice.
The same thing happened last year. I had a good October and then chest infections in November but instead of this time last year, my oncologist wanting to give up on me, he is really enthusiastic about treating me even though my lungs and heart are in worst state.
Nobody expected me to get better from where I was at the end of last week so although I can't walk very far - about 10m and with 2 litres of oxygen - I'm so much better and able to eat and breathe and just move. Never had feeling of having rubber legs before but that's what they feel like and I've lost a frightening amount of muscle due to lack of waste and steroids. Now on reducing dose of steroids so only 2mg dex now - much to the relief of anyone near me as I do shut up some time now. Still on 40mg frusemide -water tablets - which they are re;luctant to reduce at present and i'm glad of that as feel so awful in the mornings that i do need that help to get the water out of my lungs. On 80mg MST which is not always helping my hip pain which got aggriavated by the ambulance journey here. Also having some lorazepam to help my breathing at times. The frusemide has given me my ankles back and improved my lymphoedema as well so can cope with the 30 min frequency trips to the loo in the morning - just for about 2 hours so well worth it. Still getting quite wheezy which is concerning me as my heart is so sensitive to ventolin now that I can't have a full strength nebuliser or it goes far too fast.
Much better in the hospice - wonderful care and atmosphere but me being me, doesn't accept the help offered and then gets upset when they think I can do something which I can't. Now been moved into sideroom which is lovely as was getting very depressed in main Bay with 3 elderly, seriously sick women. 1 of whom was getting increasingly agitated and confused who would then set the man in the side room off so didn't get much sleep last night so hope tonight will be better.
Planning on getting home but need to organise care package so that not on own for 2 days a week and to see if can fit stairlift and bathlift thing. Left that to Pete to discuss and see.
It's good to think I can get home and that my reserved oncologist feels there is a futeure for me beyond christmas and that I should be able to have more chemo. Think I'm a peculiar woman who is actually much better on chemo than off it!!! Didn't think this time last week I had a future beyond the hospice so good to think my bedroom sanctuary will be put to good use again.
Definately need the oxygen - woke up last night very confused as it had fallen off and had tried for a few minutes yesterday but go rather a fetching colour of purple/blue so don't think I'll try that again.
Thank you so much for all your support and will wait till tomorrow to read your replies to Heather's earlier posting as must make the most of this link.
Love to you all
Kate

dm1968

Hi Kate

Wow - wot an amazing lady you are and such a fighter. I am soooo pleased to hear that you are feeling better and things are going in the right direction. I hope that you are home soon as well with your family, although u need to make sure you take things easy.

Sending you lots of love and gentle hugs, and hope to see you back here very soon.

Love
Dawn
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,

Like everyone I am over the moon that you are feeling better and hope you are home soon with your family. You are the most amazing person and have enormous inner strength. You have taught me so much and given me so much inspiration, I will never be able to thank you enough.

Think of you everyday, love to you and your family.

Linda.x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kates

So glad you're feeling better. May you go from strength to strength. Thinking of you often,

Love

Linda x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kate

Lovely to hear that you are feeling so much better - what a fighter you are!
Wishing you lots of good days with your family,
Take care,
love Polly

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kate,

am soooooooo pleased you turned the corner yet again! My whole family is rooting for you. They will be so happy to hear you have improved. lol, I'm afraid they "know" most of the amazing ladies from these forums. Hope you'll be back with your family soon

love Maroke

AnneS

Am so pleased to have just read Kate's latest blog updates. You are amazing Kate. You write so well. I'm so pleased that you are doing better. I hope you are comfortable in the hospice and leading the nurses a merry dance. You just inspire me so much and I'm rooting for you and your family. Hang on in there Kate!
Love Anne xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Julie I will check it out.

Love Debsxxx

juliet66

Debs,

Kate has updated her posts on her blog. Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Heather for the update really fabulous news.
Kate, take care and carry on turning those corners we are all pulling, praying ,wishing anything that will help keep you on this earth with your family. It will be such a joy for us all to read your first post after this ordeal.
Love Debsxxx

HeatherLou

Hi Girls - have just had a call from Kate......I was totally amazed and gobsmacked. She sounded great....talked for about 10 minutes. She said she was using her oxygen as we spoke - but she sounded perfectly OK and not breathless.. She has been out of bed today and went a bit too far (what's new) so OH had to bring her back in a wheelchair....I am totally elated at her news and can't wait to see her on Sunday....

She has well and truly bounced back...

She did say she is having wifi problems in the hospice - so I will be printed messages tomorrow night....let me have your posts for her...

Lots of love
Heather

Guest user
Not applicable

Kate - hopefully you'll be logging on soon - glad you breathing is improving and you are more comfortable. Thinking of you.

Keep Strong

Geraldine

Guest user
Not applicable

Really pleased Kate that you are improving. You remind me just of my Mum such a battler.

Keep the fight up.

Holly xx

nicky08
Community Champion

So glad Kate has turned yet another corner! I can't believe what she has been through and is going through but still manages to amaze us all. Keep it up Kate, hope you are comfortable in the hospice and you continue to improve.
Nicky x

rachy7

Hello Everyone, i spoke to Kate tonight and she is doing well in the hospice. She is down to 2 litres of oxygen and can walk short distances now. She is having real troubles with internet access and the phone reception from her end was terrible so hard to hear what she was saying so you can imagine the frustration for her. She is going to try to get internet access somewhere else but only open at certain times of the day.I think it must be in the day unit which is near to the hospice itself.

Rachael

suzioux

I dont post much , but i come on everyday to see how everyone is doing and kate you have been a great inspiration to me im really pleased to hear you are feeling better you are a real fighter and i really admire the way you have never give in to this awfull disease .

rachy7

So pleased to hear of the improvement in your health Kate. And thank you for the lovely message you sent me about my dad. Speak soon.

Rach xx

owls4eva

Glad to hear your improving Kate, wishing you all the luck in the world.

Karen

Guest user
Not applicable

HI Kate and friend and family , i know kate can pull through bad times to, i hope she feels better soon x

love sophie xxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

If you look under the Gobby Gang heading you will see that Kate is doing very much better!

Guest user
Not applicable

Sending you extended luck and wishes Kate

Kate xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Kate - it's true, you have given an awful lot to so many. I hope that your time in hospital is as comfortable as it can be, that you are surrounded by the warmest and most caring staff, and that you and your family are being supported during this hellish time. Most of all I wish you peace and strength, and some relief from this awful illness. Take very good care Kate xx

ForumMember

has anyone got an update on how kate's doing?

Guest user
Not applicable

Praying for you to get well soon!

Anthi

So sorry to hear you're not well Kate. Fingers crossed that you feel better soon.
Take care
Anthi xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Kate,

So sorry to hear your unwell. I really hope you feel better soon. I am thinking of you kate and your family.

I will text you

love and hugs

jakki
xxxxx

blondie

Just logged on for the first time in a while and saw the post about Kate - very shocked and am really hoping that her condition improves and the sooner the better. Kate you are an inspiration - keep fighting.

blondie

Guest user
Not applicable

So sorry to read that you're so poorly, Kate - wishing you strength and courage, and I hope you are home with your family very soon.

Lyn xxxx

ForumMember

Kate

Sending you love and prayers at this hard time.

Pauline

ForumMember

Special thoughts to you all at this difficult time.

AJxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kate,

Sending you my love and prayers. Keep fighting for you and your family. My thoughts are with you.

Hugs

Sukes

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kate

Hope you get over this hurdle and can get home to your family. Keep fighting and be strong, I'm thinking about you

Diane

Jennyg

Kate - we have spoken a few times on here and I have been following your threads ... hang in there girl - you are truly an inspiration... and I really hope you feel stronger soon. I have often passed by Primark without going in because of you!!
Take care xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Kate.

I am thinking of you and hope that you are comfortable.

Kat xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Kate,

haven't been well for a couple of days, so didn't know you're poorly. It was such a shock!! I can only say the same as so many others in this thread...you are an inspiration to us all and I do pray that you will pull through again and stay with us. Thanks to you I realised I don't have to accept everything the onc says! Without you I would have stopped chemo, without you I would have given up hope. Guess what I really want to say is that I refuse to give up hope for you! I love you Kate

Maroke

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Sammy.

Sass

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Saw kate today and gave her your posts. She says thanks to you all. Breathing a little better.

Sam

Jacksy

Hi Kate,
Ditto all of the above. We're all rooting for you. I really hope you get some extra strength from somewhere so you can get back home to your family,
big love
Jacquie xxx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Thinking of you Kate, hope you are back home very soon.

Take care

Lynne x

princess18

Dear Kate,

thinking of you constantly and hoping and praying you're comfortable. I really hope you are soon able to get to the hospice and then back home. You have been so supportive of others on this site and bcpals, now its time for us to support you.

Sending you huge but gentle cyber hugs Kate ((((((((((o)))))))))

Love to you and your family,

Kelly
-x-

RoadRunner

Kate,

I have followed your progress since my own dx last year. We are a similar age and I also have three children. I cannot begin to imagine what you and your family are going through right now, but I hope with all my heart that you can become well enough to go home soon and that you can enjoy Christmas together.

Best wishes
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

A keen reader of your blog here, Kate, and a follower of your BCC posts, although I hadn't posted until today. I wish you and your family strength and peace.

Sass

Guest user
Not applicable

Kate,

Haven't posted before but have followed your blog for months now. Can't believe you are so unwell when you were on such great form last week.Am thinking of you and you are in my prayers.
Margaret

Guest user
Not applicable

Kate

Like all the others I'm thinking of you.

Marilyn

Guest user
Not applicable

Kate
Just wanted to add my thoughts. I am very sorry to hear how poorly you are and am thinking of you
Kathryn