Katie Price / Tickled Pink Campaign

I dont particularly have a lot of time for this woman but was flicking last night with my 12 year old daughter when she was modelling for the Asda Tickled Pink campaign.

I was disgusted with her more than ever, big huge plastic cleavage, Asda picked a good choice here and very warming to ladies having mastectomy’s, then she started commenting on her scars from having implants and kept grabbing her boobs and pushing them together to get the point even more. Very Crass…

Well done Asda. You have hit the nail on the head again. So pleased your not in my town…

I am sure it will be repeated sometime on ITV2.

Debbie X

really can’t believe asda have done this!!! they need to think about this its soooo wrong

I’m so glad I missed this…I’m so despondent about some aspects of the Pink campaigning…if it’s just all about how much money is raised and the promotion of merchandise it makes lots of things acceptable…and that’s very sad if true.

Dont shop in Asda and cant stand the stupid media obsessed trollop !!!

I didn’t see this trash thank goodness, but I cannot believe that a normally media wise organisation such as Asda could promote this grotesque excuse for a woman to promote the Tickled Pink Campaign. Think everyone on this forum should complain to Asda and boycot the place until they find a suitable person (not sure about pink promotion) for the job and make a public apology for distress caused to people with scars through no choice of their own.
Sorry ranting again!!!
Irene

I am going to draft a letter and I am telling it like it is I am disgusted and never going near the place ever again …it is downright insensitive she is a money mad vain self obsessed attention seeker and if i have to see her and her bloody inflated breasts and that pout on one more mag ,newspaper or TV programme I will scream !Bloody Barbie doll !
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Ah Maz, please don’t be so hard … ON BARBIE!!! :slight_smile: XX

I hate the ASDA Tickled Pink campaign. My breast care nurse is involved with it every year and I can think of better campaigns to be involved in.

I think to use someone like Jordon, or any glamour girl, to publicise the Pink Campaign is SO insensitive. Would the media be using male pinups to model to promote prostate cancer. I don’t think so. X

Hi everyone, anyone up for another rant! …

Well, I just saw snipit of ‘What Katie Did Next’ where she’s doing this infamous ASDA photo shoot. I was disgusted before I saw it but even more so when I saw that she was kitted out in provocative boob-enhancing (like she needs it!) tops and short skirts, and brandishing a pink feather duster in a typical slutty way - ummm, very appropriate and helpful! If Katie Price/Jordan wants to flash her body over lads mags and talk about her sex life non stop, that’s fine (each to their own) but please don’t use a personality like her in this kind of advertising, it’s bloody insulting.

So well done ASDA, very thoughtful, give yourself one of those pathetic ‘pats on the arse’ that you use in your advertisements! Many women are currently undergoing cancer treatments including mastectomies/reconstructions/chemo/rads etc (sorry, this doesn’t unfortunately stop during ‘Pink Month’), and all they need when they’re feeling less than totally feminine is big tits and sex thrusted (literally!) into their (and their partners’) faces, that’ll really help self esteem and confidence everywhere won’t it?! How about the women who, at present, can’t bear to expose their boobs to their own loving partners, let alone the world. Nice one ASDA! …

That’s ASDA ‘PRICE’ !!! Lots of love to all. Cathy x

Hi everyone
I cannot agree more with all of your comments,it is disgusting that Asda has used this vial person to promote the tickled pink campaign how very insensitive.
I would also like to complain to Asda.
Who do I write to mazaroo ??
What about a petition ?

Jackie x

stopped watching anything to do with Katie/Jordan after her split with Peter! I to am disgusted with Asda, and you go for it Maz!
A better choice would have been someone who had been through it all, like Kylie, not someone who thinks its the done thing to keep having all these breast ops for the pleasure of it.

hi i think you should complain to local paper im sure the sun would like the story they love her so much!! its out of order what she is doing ive seen her undies art asda apart from beeing so exspensive the ones i saw was only any good jf you were a gg hope you get somewhere in your letter i think asda shld know what they are doing

Totally agree with all comments.I think a petition is in order!!!

Totally agree with all comments.I think a petition is in order!!! Cant believe there are so few comments about this.

Have just had a wee flick through this on catch up to see what all the fuss is about.

I actually felt physically sick & my stomach lurched when she hid behind the curtain at the Asda shoot & said ‘I’m sure the viewers don’t wanna see my scarred breasts’…OMG!! Clearly a woman with the cause she is supposed to be promoting close to her heart!! NOT!!!

As a woman still recovering from the shock of BC diagnosis & a mastectomy (as many of us on here are) I would like to see her cope with ‘REAL’ scars on her breast!! I can’t even bear to look in the mirror because of my ‘scarred’ body! …I’d love to have 2 breasts…scarred or not!!

I’m usually quite laid back & open minded about things & was shocked by own reaction to her flippant comment, but I too will be writing to Asda to highlight their insensitivity to the very women they are supposed to be supporting!

Hx

Hi everyone

I’ve posted contact details for ASDA (including e-mail address) for anyone who wants it. I’ll certainly drop an e-mail to them as they do need to know how their careless choice of celebrity along with her stupid offensive comments about her cosmetic scars could (and have) affected real sufferers who have had breast surgery that they did not want or ask for.

E-mail address: <script type=“text/javascript”>eval(unescape(‘%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%72%65%73%70%6f%6e%73%65%40%61%73%64%61%63%75%73%74%6f%6d%65%72%73%65%72%76%69%63%65%73%2e%63%6f%2e%75%6b%22%3e%72%65%73%70%6f%6e%73%65%40%61%73%64%61%63%75%73%74%6f%6d%65%72%73%65%72%76%69%63%65%73%2e%63%6f%2e%75%6b%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b’))</script>

or write to:

Customer Services,
ASDA House,
Southbank,
Great Wilson Street,
Leeds,
LS11 5AD

Maz, is this the address you’re writing to?

Lots of love to all. Cathy x

I have just tried to send an email to the above address, it has bounced back saying their inbox is too full to receive more emails. Lets hope they are all complaints!!

Hi All I hate the bloody PINK campaign it trivialises BC. Buy this for as fiver and we will donate a pound to BC , I would rather send the fiver and be done with it. Most of the so called celebs are just showing their excuse the word TITS off. Probably 90% are silicone. Common lets get down to some serios fund raising , excuse the pun but I think it is all tittilation. Blow wearing pink and all the merchandise that goes with it show what a mastectomy looks like , show Rads burns , someone vomiting through chemo , bald as a coot, like they do for ciggies scare the sh/t out of folks to encourage them to donate .
I had better get off my soap box . I know you won’t all agree but at least I have an outlet here to vent my feelings and anger.
Corsa

I have just e mailed Asda to express my disgust at their ill advised, insensitive, crass approach - so far it hasn’t bounced back.