Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kelo-cote scar gel and contact breast form

2 REPLIES 2
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Kelo-cote scar gel and contact breast form

Hi Suziex
Yes, that's what I've been doing. Just like you when I take the contact breast off at night I moisturise and then wash it off in the shower the next morning. I don't think I'm going to use the gel because I find the contact breast more comfortable. I think because my first appointment was 1 year after my mastectomy it is now too late. If I had been given the gel before I started using the contact breast that would have been better. I wanted to know if anyone else was in the same situation. The gel is called Kelo-cote gel distributed by Sinclair IS Pharma Plc. It was prescribed by my GP because the consultant wrote to him after my appointment. You can check it out on the internet. It is a silicon based gel that dries when you put it across the scar. It should be applied twice a day. It feels like a soft plastic coating when it dries. I'm sure it's very effective but I think it's too late for me.
Thanks for getting in touch. Jansi
Suziex

Re: Kelo-cote scar gel and contact breast form

Hi Jansi
I also wear a contact breast I was lead to believe if you used any type of lotion the contact breast would not stick. I moisturise every night before I go to bed then shower the following morning to remove any lotion. I have not heard of the scar gel you use I would be interested to hear more about it?
Suziex

Guest user
Not applicable

Kelo-cote scar gel and contact breast form

Had a mastectomy January 2012 and my first check up was 1 year later (no chemo or radio just medication). The doc said she could give me silicon gel to help my scar look better but as my scar had healed completely I am using a contact breast form which is more comfortable than one that sits in the pocket. I don't think I can use the gel with the contact breast form as it covers the scar and leaves a skin. I am concerned that the gel goes onto the breast form and doesn't come off. Does anyone else have this problem? No one else sees my scar except my husband.