cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kent meet up

4 REPLIES 4
Chris007

Re: Kent meet up

Hi - I have just recently been diagnosed with bone mets. I live in the sevenoaks area - is there anyone nearby who would like to meet up?

Jo_BCC

Hi 5n0wdr0p

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to talk to someone in the same position as yourself and wonder if you have tried BCC's Secondary Live Chat service which runs each Tuesday evening for an hour between 8.30pm and 9.30 p.m. the session is run by a nurse and faciliated by a moderator so there's always someone to talk to.  The people who use the service give each other some excellent support, exchanging knowledge and experiences.  I have put you the link below for you to have a look at, come and join us I'm sure you'll find it helpful.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/live-chat

Also please do give our helpline team a call.  The helpline number is 0808 800 6000.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

5n0wdr0p

I would've loved to have met up with you but sadly i am in west Kent and also have to come to work every day Smiley Frustrated  I would have been extremely good to speak to or meet someone in the same position as i am in.  I have never spoken to anyone going through the same as me since i was diagnosed way back in 2000, again in 2005 and again with secondary breast cancer in 2011.  I am keeping my fingers crossed you will find someone to meet and chat to Cat Very Happy

Katherine2701

Hi, I'm afraid Folkestone is too far for me as I'm in Dartford. I have lung and liver secondaries. I may not be able to meet up unless you are nearer my area? Let me know if that's of use. K
Trixie

Kent meet up

Is there anyone in the Kent area who would like to meet for coffee and chat. I only know of one lady in Folkestone with secondaries and feel so isolated. Would be great to meet up with ladies in a similar position for mutual support.