cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LD recon.Trussed up with stiches underneat boob

6 REPLIES 6
snowwhite

Re: LD recon.Trussed up with stiches underneat boob

Max - so glad you went back and your PSnurse has taken it up - pity you will have to wait a month to see PS again, but that should give it time to heal a bit more and then it will be clearer what you are dealing with and where to go from here. In the meantime, don't suffer in silence if you feel terrible because if you let us know on here there will be loads of good vibes sent your way to provide comfort, and equally, let us know how you get on and what the next step is when you find out.

maxinebev

Thanks for the above comments.

Holly56. No they have taken off my nipples too. I have over 50" of scars on the outside. No wonder I feel like shit!

Saw the PS's nurse on Fri. Told her all my worries. She likened my op to a major road traffic accident and says it will take time. She agrred with all my comments and that my boobs are not the same size or height on my body. She does not knowwhy I was sewn underneath either and says I cannot wait 4 months to see my PS again. She will come with me in about 4 weeks when he is back off hols. I will prob have to have more ops! Just great!

At least I'm getting someone to agrre that things are not right.

Max xxx

snowwhite

Max - oh god, this is just what I am dreading I have not had recon yet because I am so afraid - you should not have to feel like this and at the very very least you have a right to reassurance and must, like the girls above say, start creating - these guys do this for a living, they are amply compensated, this is part of the job, and you must not hold back on saying exactly what you think, for their benefit - they have to know what they do to people, they must not be allowed to think they are god's gift, and they must be given the opportunity to learn. Also, there is a chance - I don't know how big a chance - that this is normal and will settle and that in time you will have acceptable recons that you can live with. I don't know how optimistic to be about that - but tell them what you are thinking, and fearing, so they can reassure you if they can. If it is a bodge, then they should tell you what they can do about it. And, if it is normal, you should have been warned that you would feel terrible initially because it is traumatic to undergo such a radical body change, and that it takes a long time for swelling and scars to settle down, and implants I gather soften in time, you don't wake up to the finished product - so either way they have let you down because they should have emotionally prepared you for this, by saying loud and clear, a hundred times, grasping you by the shoulders and looking straight into your eyes, that this is going to be traumatic, and then they should be there to hold your hand through the trauma. That is their job. They can't just cop out by saying they only do the technical stuff and would rather someone else dealt with the emotions; this is part of the job.

Please let us know how you get on.

holly56

I have had a LD recon and did not have any external stitches at all..... my wounds were glued which was something I hadn't realised you could do but I was informed that superglue was actually developed for medical use during the Vietnam war. The upshot of this is that my scars are very clean and neat.
I do not have any scars under the boob at all, mine is an eliptical scar where the nipple used to be and about a six inch scar on my back, presumably yours are underneath as you have retained your nipples? My breast surgeon carried out the operation.
I agree with those above that though it is early days you should start 'creating' as you are obviously feeling very low and if you don't do something your your mental health will be affected as well as your physical recovery.
XX

jacqc

Max

Although it is still early days and there is still more 'settling in' you should not be feeling like you do. To have bi-lateral LD recon is a HUGE op (I had both done 6 months appart) and you are bound to still feel uncomfortable, I can't even begin to immagine having the pain on BOTH sides.

You are entitled to a second opinion, although the new surgeon may want to wait a while before intervening, but I would make a start now like Dahlia says. My surgeon is not a plastic surgeon and therefore I presume a breast surgeon can perform LD recon. Your GP may be an option to advise you on how to proceed and may also be able to suggest some more effective pain relief, it has taken me 3 weeks to get my pain under control (although if you read some threads on here we are supposed to feel 'slight discomfort'. Yeah....right!!!!

I hope you start to feel better very soon physicall and mentally. Please try to get out and enjoy the summer, loose tops hide loads, and are fashionable.

Jackie xx

Dahlia

Max

I was conned too and it is NOT nice; I feel for you. My surgeon wouldn't countenance further surgery so I persuaded him (quite easily as it happens) to send me for a second opinion. He eventually agreed that the so-called recon had "not been a technical success" and I'm afraid that by and large all we read about are the success stories from lucky ladies who are pleased, delighted, thrilled etc.

Please do not accept this. Rattle some cages and demand to see someone else even if it means travelling. What's more please keep in touch and let me know how you get on.

Best wishes
D

maxinebev

LD recon.Trussed up with stiches underneat boob

Has anyone been stitched up under their boob(s) with an LD recon?

I had a double mast and immediate LD recons on 14.6.08.I went for the LD as I was told he could give me the same size boobs using implants. I was a 36c.He said my boobs naturally drooped and so they would stay the same shape afterwards. Boy have I been conned!

I feel a total freek. My new boobs are under my arms and I have been trussed up underneath and can hardly breathe, which I wasnt expecting. When looking down all you can see is my big belly and no boobs. I wont go out the house.

Whatsmore, my right boob is higher and fuller than my left, which my PS has agreed.He thought it was a fluid build up but an ultra sound ruled that out. I know the reason why, but he doesnt want to know and is not seeing me again for 4 months.

I have been stitched up underneath an inch higher (at least) on my right boob.The stitches are also more extensive on this side and go around the side of my boob towards my armpit, where as the left stitches are just underneath my boob.

This is making the yast amount of spare tissue underneath my right arm stand out more, so I cant put my arm down by my side. This is also why my right boob is higher at the top and fuller. The PS says the discrepancy is probably because I am right handed and my back muscle would have been thicker on this side.I think this is rubbish, but didnt say so. (Why did he not use a smaller implant then if this is always the case?) If he had taken the time to look at the position of the stitches underneath, he would know exactly why I am uneven. He says the stitches will dissolve, but by then I will have formed a ridge and my boob wont drop.

I feel and look like a freak as well as being in terrible pain everywhere especially under my boobs. I feel like the mitchellin man.I have spoken to 2 friends who had doubleLD recons and neither of them had stitches underneath and both say their boobs droop lovely.

My plastic surgeon has only recently qualified. My back is a mess and totally uneven and my scars are uneven and lumpy. The scars under my armpits are a mess. I have excess tissues at the sides of my arms and can hardly put my arms down by my sides.

Has anyone else had a similar experience to me?Will things improve?

Thanks to everyone.

Max xxx