Guest user
Not applicable

Re: LEFT BUST

Left breast, left handed

x

mfb

Right handed, right breast.

Interesting that the ratio has held pretty consistent since the start.

x

CheshireCheese

130 left breast, 68 right

Guest user
Not applicable

Right handed left breast

Guest user
Not applicable

Right handed, right breast.

Guest user
Not applicable

Right handed, left breast.
Also have very bad teeth on left side co pared t right though told that is sheer coincidence ?

Guest user
Not applicable

when I was being treated for phlloydes I asked my surgeon why most women that have this perticular type of cancer seem to have the disease in the left breast he said they seem to think its because there is more blood going around that side with the heart being there ! worth a thought ?

Guest user
Not applicable

Right handed, left breast

Twinky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Well I'm right handed and had cancer in both breasts at the same tim

Guest user
Not applicable

RH, L breast

Guest user
Not applicable

Right handed.

Left breast.

Guest user
Not applicable

right handed. Left breast.

Guest user
Not applicable

left handed right breast

AnnieK68

Right handed - right breast

Guest user
Not applicable

Left handed
Right breast

Mx November, half-way through 6xFEC to be followed by 15 rads.
Not exactly a scientific study but we do seem to be in the majority.
My mother (right-handed) used to tell me that all the world's geniuses were left-handed - she obviously didn't know about the down side!
Kathleen

Guest user
Not applicable

im right handed and had cysto sarcoma phlloydes in left breast mx and lymph node clearence

hotmomma

Left-Handed

BC in Right Breast

Guest user
Not applicable

Left handed too, lumpectomy and full auxiliary clearance, I'm right handed but physically left handed i hold the bag with my right hand fill with my left, press the polish can nozzle with my right polish with my left!
Having trouble too with cording and swelling, driving me mad, i think they take the drainage tubes out to quick!!!!!

I was not prepared for the disability i have from the op.

sue. X

double entry whoops

Guest user
Not applicable

Left handed too, lumpectomy and full auxiliary clearance, I'm right handed but physically left handed i hold the bag with my right hand fill with my left, press the polish can nozzle with my right polish with my left!
Having trouble too with cording and swelling, driving me mad, i think they take the drainage tubes out to quick!!!!!

I was not prepared for the disability i have from the op.

sue x

CheshireCheese

Bumping up for those who haven't seen this before.
Interesting that there has been a consistent ratio of twice as many women with left-sided BC as right-sided.

elaine_r

121 LEFT 62 RIGHT

Guest user
Not applicable

Right handed, left breast too! I also lost about a stone and got fitter about 6 months before being picked up on my forist mammogram.

Guest user
Not applicable

thanks for your post Ray, it has helped. I will get it aspirated tomorrow as fluid is sat under arm now so constantly aggravating sore armpit! I have Bio oil at the ready, my breast nurse says I should wait until scars have scabbed completely. Does the soreness in the armpit improve? thats what is soo painful I felt totally umprepared re the axilla clearance.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi hospice 13,

Likewise I had mastectomy with sentinal nodes removed. I later had slight complications with seroma fluid, which was just uncomfortable at the time. Try not to worry too much if you need to get the seroma aspirated - it honestly will reduce the discomfort for you. The breast nurse was lovely and very understanding the first time I had this done, which made it easier. It filled up another twice (less each time though)and my GP aspirated it on these occasions.
One of the ladies posted earlier that she found it helpful to massage the area around the pain/nerve damage and I found this helped too. I still massage bio oil and moisturiser on scar (7 months on) and this can reduce tightness. Your exercises should ease things too and it does get better! I did find everything easier after 5/6 weeks and was driving again and doing light chores, although still used extra pillows for extra support and comfort in bed. Hope you get some relief soon. Take care. Ray

Guest user
Not applicable

RIGHT HANDED
RIGHT BREAST

Recently had right mastectomy and full axilla clearance. Appear to be getting more pain as time goes by! Seroma building up, and they will aspirate Fri if it gets bigger or symptons dont improve. (trying to avoid aspiration) The pain in the armpit is the worst bit nerve pain I suppose, not sleeping very well, doing my exercises, tried elevating heat therapy.............be glad to recieve any helpful tips or other peoples experiences, it must improve at some point its driving me insane!

annew272

right handed
left breast

impatiens

Right handed , left breast.

No children

Guest user
Not applicable

Guest user
Not applicable

right handed,left breast. i did exactly the same ST!

supertrouper

Right handed, cancer in left breast. I used to tuck my mobile phone into my left bra cup when working.

Guest user
Not applicable

Right handed, right breast

Guest user
Not applicable

Right handed, left breast removed.

I breastfed all 4 of my children and was still breastfeeding my youngest when diagnosed at the age of 39, I don't fit into any of the risk factor groups.

ragamuffin

Left breast 115

Right breast 60

Patlufc

Right handed, cancer in left.

Very interesting thread!

I breast fed all my three children, read an artical somewhere that said working in artifical light can be a risk factor for breast cancer, also working night shifts.

sunshine_1

dizzycloud

left handed, BC in right breast

Guest user
Not applicable

Lizzy1977

Right breast, right handed

Guest user
Not applicable

Im Right handed - BC in Left breast

Guest user
Not applicable

I to have breast cancer in my left breast.... also I'am left handed there does seem to be a trend....

RevCat

Intriguing!

Left-handed
Right-breast

Slendablenda

Left Left !!

elaine_r

111 left
57 right

CheshireCheese

bump

Guest user
Not applicable

Right handed - Left breast

ragamuffin

Left - 110

Right - 57

Guest user
Not applicable

Right handed ; Left Breast Chris

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi OAL
You did read a sensible site i think it was a Dutch study, I think the results are twice as likley to get BC if left handed. Another short straw for me then!
If you look back through this thread you will see there are more left handers commenting than the usual 10% of the population who are left handed, could just be coinsidence on this site but this was what prompted me to look.

left handed left breast.

oldandlumpy

i am right handed, bc in left breast.

however i am absolutely sure that i read somewhere that being left handed was an risk factor of breast cancer, and i dont think it was on one of these wacky sites where they said wearing yellow welly's was also a risk.