LETROZOL alternative

Can anyone help me?

I was diagnosed in March with grade 3 stage 2 HER neg  ER positive breat cancer. The tumour was twice as big as they thought & aggresive.

Having had multiple bouts of pneumonia in the past 2 yrs, I couldnt have chemo as it was life threatening so had extra radiotherapy instead. I was put on Letrozol in May & have had so many side effects, but didnt realise it was the letrozol until now. I finished radiotherapy the end of July & since then have been dragging myself around, had chest infections treated with two lots of antibiotics & steriods. I felt better on the steriods but as soon as I finished, I went straight back down again. Having got a total of 21 of the side effects of Letrozol, Ive been taken off them for a month. This means I have no protection. Can anyone tell me if there is another alternitive to Letrozol please but not Tamoxifen as I had a hysterectomy at 29. 

Hi Tswalu,
Sorry to hear what you’ve been through. There are certainly other hormone treatment medications, which obviously, your team will advise on.
As well as here, it might be an idea to post on the ‘ask our nurses’ board as well.
wishing you well with it
ann x

Hi Tiswalu, you’ve certainly been through the wars. There’s been great debate on here re brands. It does seem to make a difference to some ladies. Is it worth checking what you are on? From what I remember reading, Femara is the original brand and appears to work well. I think that Accord is also ok, as is Mr. Reddy. However,there is one brand that appears to be a bit of a nightmare. It might be worthwhile changing brands.

If you are showing 21 lots if side effects though, changing brands is probably just too simple. Your medics will need to advise as there is other stuff out there. Hope you find some answers. X