cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LGFB Make up sessions

15 REPLIES 15
AvenueSue_

Re: LGFB Make up sessions

I went to one just after my second FEC after they rang me with a canellation. It was a huge boost to receive great advice and make up tips as well as a fabulous bag of goodies that my budget would not ordinarily stretch to. These sessions really do what it says on the tin.
Sue

Mezzomamma

They will let me know if there is a cancellation--of course, I may not be first on the waiting list, but I can hope. Perhaps they will have suggestions for when my hair starts to grow again if not.

Cheryl

redrobin

Would strongly recommend. I went to one at my local Maggies, was lucky that managed to get a cancellation a week before I attended, otherwise I'd have had about 4 weeks to wait. The girls who ran were all great, showed me how to touch up my eyebrows as I had a bald patch, such a simple thing which I didn't think to do for myself and the goody bag is fabulous as everyone has said.

dmh64

Hi Lucy
Thanks for the quick response, Headstrong sounds like it would be a great help unfortunately there are no sessions where I live. Donna x

cherub

I did one at the local Maggies shortly after I finished Herceptin in 2008. They only had one every 2 months, but I think it's now once a month. I really enjoyed it as it wasn't just ladies who were being treated for BC, but other cancers too. Everyone was at different stages of their treatment. Some like me had their hair back, others were still in wigs and other headgear. The goody bag was fab, a real boost. I was very strapped for cash at that point as we'd just started our business when I found out I had BC. I couldn't get benefits so treats were few and far between. Since I went on this friends have been donating to the LGFB charity regularly as they saw how beneficial it was for me. I'd say it was a real confidence boost.

Lucy_BCC

Hi Donna

Here's the link to the headstrong information page:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/about-us/our-services/local-support/headstrong/

Best wishes
Lucy

Troymaiden

Hi,
I'm booked in with LGFB for Southampton on 17th March, & my McM nurse told me about it before I even knew I was having chemo. I waited 'til my treatment plan was sorted before booking, but they had places quite quickly available.
Cheryl - You could ask if there is a cancellations list too?
Helen

dmh64

Hi CM, can I ask what Headstrong is, as I've never heard of it before. Many thanks Donna x

libby_2010

Cheryl you can still go to a LGFB session after chemo. Although I do realise that the optimum time is during the chemo. Due to the long waiting list at my McM centre I put my name down after 1st chemo in Feb last year and eventually got a place after surgery(s) and during rads in August.It was still really well worth going. Jackie xx

Mezzomamma

I envy those who have had a session or will have one soon. When I booked, there were no places available until after I should have finished chemo.

Cheryl

SM422

I'm booked on at Luton hospital next Tuesday, can't wait! FEC5 on Friday, so hope I feel ok, but up until now have done Tuesday post FEC

SJ x

eva_nicole

i went to one last year, it was amazing. Made me feel much better afterwards. Still using some of the make up now.
eva

ChoccieMuffin

I'm booked for St Luke's in Guildford on 15th March. Will be nice to have a treat the day before my bidet. I think Sazzie is booked on the same day so will be good to meet another person from the forums.

I've also booked a Headstrong session and I'm looking forward to that one too, as it isn't at the hospital. My hospital is right beside Tesco and my heart sinks every time I have to go food shopping now!

poppy333

Wow, glad u had nice time xxxx. Mines march 22 in brum

Bboonie

AGREED. It is brilliant. I went last year to Royal Freen Hospital in London with a local breast cancer group in a mini bus. Really good day out

pinkrose

LGFB Make up sessions

Hi

Just wanted to pass on some info. Just been to a Look Good Feel Better make up demo at my local hospital. If you have chance to go I thoroughly recommend it. It was good to be with other women undergoing chemotherapy in a relaxed setting (I actually wanted to go to the hospital today)! The free make up demonstration was very good and you get a great goody bag - apparently worth £450. Cup of tea and biccies also. Places do get booked up quickly. The LGFB website has details of hospitals involved.

Lovely bit of pampering on valentines day!

RAchelx.