LITTLE RED BLOOD SPOTS

Hi all

I have had treatment for breast cancer( chemotherapy) and I am waiting to start readiotheraphy ( supposed to start next week) . Does anyone know about little red blood spots that have appeared on my trunk, legs and head? My friend seems to think this might be a blood disorder.

I am on two different and very high doses of anit biotics as treatment for cellulitus. Would this be connected?

love

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne

I am no expert, but it does sound like a blood problem, after most of my chemos the bloods have been too low and I usually have an extra week off.

Last time my platelets were down and I was asked to keep an eye out for unexplained bruising or red/purple spots. It probably isn’t anything to worry about, but is probably worth phoning your chemo unit and asking them about the spots.

Hope you get them sorted! x

Hi gardenparty

As Nicky says, it’s probably worth speaking to your clinical team and discuss these symptoms.

You may also like to give the Helpline a call. They’re open 9-5 weekdays and 9-2 Saturday.

0808 800 6000

Best wishes.

Louise
Facilitator

Hi facilitator

I finished chemo in October and I am supposed to start radiotherapy on Tuesday (I am under Dr Spooner at QE)

this condition has only come up in the last fews weeks but I did not pay much attention to it. Is it best to let Doc Spooner examine this next week? Is this something I should be concerned about?

thanks

Yvonne

Yvonne

It’s always best to get things checked out if it’s concerning you so if you have an appointment this week it’s worth raising it with your team.

As I mentioned, the Helpline will also be able to offer support and information in the meantime.

Best wishes

Louise
Facilitator