Lack of sleep

Hi all I was taking nytol but it had started to upset my stomach, my daughter swears by a cream called dream cream by lush which contains lavender and camomile so last night I rubbed some on my face and hands and shoulders not expecting a lot but bloody hell I slept from 10.45 to 8.30 just waking once at about 7 for a wee (which is no longer blue ha ha) was this s fluke because I was so tired? I have no idea but I feel so much better following a full nights sleep. Even with the nytol I used to only manage about 5 hours x

Morning Sue, I’m having trouble sleeping too, chemo really disrupt your sleep apparently, plus getting up to pee every 2 hours as I have to drink loads to flush chemo out of system. I was told to try lush sleepy at hospital, went to store on Friday but I couldn’t bear the smell (again chemo side effect, enhanced sense of smell) so I got dream cream, it hasn’t made me sleep like you, unfortunately, but it has made me more relaxed . Though tonight might be night for sleep as I’m now day 4 after chemo.
Glad you are coping.
Xx

Hi sib my daughter went for sleepy but they had sold out and brought dream cream instead as I haven’t started any treatment as such yet I have no medical reason for lack of sleep just an overactive imagination x so pleased to hear from you xx

I must try that and wean myself off my sleeping tablets xx

Morning feather may have been because I was exhausted but will try it again tonight xx

I had no sleep last night at all so would be interested in that !!!

Sue

I always put lavender oil on the edge of pillow if I am having trouble sleeping, does the trick :slight_smile:

Dream cream was £13.50 for tub but I think other brands do x lavender and camomile that may work the same xx

Jen it does and not overpowering I went to fetch it for my daughter as I was in town shopping and to be honest I struggle with the smell in lush generally but this is actually quite a delicate smell x

Hi ladies
Avon Lavender and Camomile Sleepy pillow spray has helped me a lot and it’s only a few quid I think. My friend bought for me and Twnnings Camomile tea before bed is caffeine free. Better to stay of caffeine a few hours before bed. I’m just having decaff during the day now too.
I don’t think going online before bed helps too as it’s gets the mind working.xxx

Ck I was an rep until all this just couldn’t face carrying on with it but I will go back x I planning on popping to the shops for half an hour as the big boots by me is open might go and see what they got as I only had a bit of the cream off my daughter to try and she is now in Thailand on holiday x

I switch to decaf coffee about 7 pm if I don’t have normal coffee at some point I get headaches probably caffeine withdrawal x

Hi Sue…the dream cream sounds super…I think I might get some tommorrow! I have been popping lavender oil on my pillow every night for the last week (it is sometimes abit over powering if you put too much on) but I’ve been amazed how well I’ve slept. In the past I have also bought a pillow spray from L’Ocotaine. I plan to have a glass of wine & a Lavender L’Ocotaine bubble bath tonight! X
Scooter

I am just about to have a mojito x that should help me sleep lol xx

Worth a try !!! And very nice too …

Jencat
Caffeine free everything deffo good at the moment as I need to nap when I can and if I’ve had caffeine even if my eyes are closed the mind is wide awake. It’s so frustrating. I have Yorkshire Tea caffeine free tea bags and I can’t tell any difference. I also love my teas! Green tea, ginger and lemon tea, mint tea, Camomile and honey tea are all stocked up at the moment.

Scooterbek and SueW
Enjoy your nightcaps! Not sure why but my alcohol appetite has gone! I’ve only had a Guinness all this week. I have a bar so it’s there but just not fancying it! Maybe I drank enough in the past years lol!

Sin
I hope the chemo is treating you well. Have your taste buds changed? Water is too. I’m drinking loads now even before my chemo has started (Sept4th) and need a wee at least twice in the night. I wish you a smooth treatment and recovery.xxx

I only drank half a glass the thought of it was better than the reality xx

Okay so I used the dream cream again last night at about midnight slept from 12.20 to 7.30 did wake once for a wee but long may this continue x no weird dreams either. In fact I don’t remember dreaming at all x long may it continue

Same here Rosie! I tjink its because alcohol was more of a sociable thing for me and right now I’m not feeling sociable! Understandably enough!
Keep the gin for when we are recovered. I’ll be over:D I like cucumber in mine.xx

Ck and Rosie I dont like gin but do like dissarrano and a nice rose no matter what I try to drink lately though it doesn’t go foen well x