Large Hard Nonmoving Mass In Low Cleavage Area Left Breast - GP reaction!!!

Hi Guys - (New Here) XXX

Found a 1 - 1/2cm hard lump/mass in lower left breast cleavage area just before Xmas. Thought nothing of it. I beleived BC was manifested in pea shape lumps. The thing has grown to about 2-2 1/2" and is definately noticable in movement/sleeping etc. Went to GP today after twice putting off. Told her i was worried about a lump. She examined me and found an additional 1 just under my nipple. The she said the wierdest thing. "So what are you worried it is? (even though she confirmed it needed looking at) she said it about 4 times and i kept saying “well there’s a big mass and a lump” She then said “Say the words Kathy”. So I said Im worried its bc. It was almost like she needed me to admit that it was what I was thinking but couldn’t say it. - Very strange, but I felt a little more accepting of the fact that it could possibly be BC. And that I had a problem using the words.

Im waiting for my 24/48 hour phone call to book me in. Im very scared but a little bit less in denial about the chances. Think the worst etc. Had a bit of a meltdown when I come out of GPs but I felt I needed it as I had bottled everything up.

Sorry to ramble but has anyone else experienced this  ? Aged 48 - Total Hysterectomy at 30 due to Endometriosis x

Kathy xxx

MrsEnty

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Well you did the right thing by going to your GP as any breast changes should be checked out and she has done exactly the right thing in referring you to the breast clinic to check this out as they are the experts.  Try to keep in mind that there are many benign breast conditions and these clinics do not just deal with bc.

Let us know how you get on and sending you lots of hugs, here is a pair of tough pants that we give ladies when they are feeling anxious, they have big deep pockets in them so that we can all be there with you to support you

xxx