72.1K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large mass, microcalcification, enlarged lymph node, age 36.

4 REPLIES 4
pooklezoom

Re: Large mass, microcalcification, enlarged lymph node, age 36.

Thanks Mel. I had a stereotactic biopsy so I'm waiting for the results from that. Just wish I knew when I'd be getting the results.
MelMc68

Hi pooklezoom,

My understanding is that microcalcifications are a build up of calcium in the breast tissue, which are rarely cancerous. Not sure whether you had a core needle biopsy? If so, they will be able to tell from that.

It's easy for me to say, but try not to worry. Calcifications are mostly benign.

Try and relax whilst you wait for your results. Take care, love Mel.

Sharbansh

Hello
Sorry to see you are worrying I was the same as you ,if you are worried speak to a breast nurse at the hospital,they are lovely and maybe able to reassure you,my gp excellent too! I have a fibroadanoma/benign phyllodes so having lumpectomy as these can grow very big,I still worry which is silly as I have not been diagnosed with malignant !hope all goes well Shar xx
Jo_BCC

Hi pooklezoom,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you've come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site, who I am sure will be along soon to help.

In the meantime could I suggest you give the helpline team here a ring and have a chat with them about your concerns, they are here to support you through this both emotionally and practically.  Lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2. Calls are free, 0808 800 6000

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

pooklezoom

Large mass, microcalcification, enlarged lymph node, age 36.

Hi

I've been seen at the breast clinic as i had a large hardened area in my left breast. They did an ultrasound and there was lots of umming and ahhing but nothing definite said. They found an enlarged lymph node and then did a mammogram and found an area of microcalication. I've now had a stereotactic biopsy done and i'm waiting for the results.

Anybody been through similar? I've had fibroadenomas in the past and was told straight away they were nothing even before they did the FNA. This was 10+yrs ago though and i know they do things differently now and probably because i'm older they will be more cautious as well. They've not really said anything this time and i didn't want to ask if they were worried or not as i didn't really want to know until it was more definite. But now i'm driving myself mad wondering whether i should be worried or whether its most likely just another (very large and very different to the last ones) fibroadenoma. Could this be a fibroadenoma? Would they not have been able to tell from the ultrasound? Also can they not tell from the mammo if the lump is suspicious? They haven't actually mentioned the lump just the microcalification which from everything i read you can't feel and is normally picked up on routine mammos. So what is the big lump/hardening i've got.

I'm flitting from thinking the worst to thinking don't be so silly, i'm young etc etc and its most likely nothing. Any advice from anyone whose been through similar would be really helpful.

Also how long have people had to wait for the biopsy results? Mine was done last monday but i've not been given a date for the results The leaflet they gave me said 2-4 weeks. I can't wait 4 weeks! I'll have gone mad by then!

Thanks