Last chemo yay!

Hi ladies I’ve just finished my last fec chemo on Wednesday. It was such a great feeling to walk out if iv room for the last time. Did a little dance as I left! Haha thought this day would never come. I was dx in march with idc grade 3 and high grade dcis had lumpectomy in April and started fec in June. Was in hospital with #4 with neutropenic sepis and #5 had me pretty wiped out but after having last one #6 am feeling quite good I know it’s still early days but heres hoping I will sail through this one. Just wanted to hear if anyone else found # 6 the same hope everyone ok and look forward to hearing from all u strong women

Oh dear no replies

Hiya it is a lovely feeling isn’t it, are you having any radiotherapy, starting on Monday 4 weeks including 1 booster week as I didn’t get clear margins.

Sure you will be fine as its such a relief to finish I found the last one a walk in the park compared to the others.

Have a fab weekend

Helen x

Hiya pelt
its a great feeling to know that you don’t have to go baca for any more chemo isn’t it?! And that at the end of week 3 you don’t have to have another session at the beginning of the next week, just as you start to feel normalish!
Have to say, I felt more emotional and weepy after my last session, which took me by surprise. Sessions 4, 5 & 6 all hit me quite hard fom a fatigue point of view. I was in hospital with a chest infection and neutropenia after #2, was sick after #3, tired but nauseus after and during #4, sick immediately after #5 and sick during #6! I used the cold cap but not sure I’d bother again - had terrible associated nausea with it and lost about 30% of my hair, mainly on the top, so have a terrible bobby charlton comb over which is never a good look!!
I start rads on the 16th October and will have 20 sessions so hope it doesn’t affect me too badly as I’m still struggling with fatigue now - just a couple of hours activity, e.g. Shopping wipes me out at the moment! It’s frustrating to say the least!

Congratulations on completing your chemo and good luck for the next phase of treatment, whatever that may be :slight_smile:

lots of love
Emma xxx

Hello to u lovely ladies and thanks for ur replies. Next Monday I’m due to get test results for the blood test I had for brac gene and then on Tuesday I go to see the rads people for a ‘chat’ about rads

Hi pelt,

I’m just finished too. Tax was quite hard on me too and I’m exhausted like Emma.

We had a wee starting chemo June thread, your very welcome to join us for the next part of your treatment as most of us will start rads in oct or November… Except some ladies getting op in between.

Congratulations on finishing chemo…

Eleanor xx

Hi I just finished chemo on Wednesday! So so happy. I have been feeling terrible- very anaemic and my blood cell count was very low so I had to have a blood transfusion this week too…yet to feel the benefits as I’m feeling gross from chemo but hopefully in the next few days I will start to feel much better.

I just want to concentrate on getting better, losing some weight and getting my fitness back generally. Willkie I will go on holiday next month too for a break before I have the further surgeries I have to have. Gold luck with it all xxx