Last chemo!!!

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share my celebration! I had my last chemo on Tuesday and didn’t want to get too excited at the time because I thought I’d have another week of sickness to go, but I’ve been great this time. Don’t know whether the onc prescribed more steroids in the pre-med or lowered the dose of chemo (she was new to me and the clinic was running 2 hours late so I didn’t check) but I feel totally fine! Can’t believe it’s really over. It isn’t of course - I still need an op and then rads but I’m so pleased the chemo is done.
I’ve been doing a bit of DIY today and We’re going out with friends tonight - it’s almost like being normal again!
J

ME TOO !!I
also final finished all my chemo last Tuesday and boy am I glad.
I thought this last cycle would be great, as it would be a psychological boost. But I was soooo wrong I even spent last weekend in hospital with low count levels and a temperature.
The past 2 weeks have gone so slow, I can’t wait for next Tuesday when I finally finish the tablet’s (cmf) and then I think I can truly celebrate and try to get back to ‘normal’ !!
Although I know that is going to take sometime, as I feel rock bottom.

Anyway good luck with your DIY, I envy your stamina !!!

Hi Judith - I’m sorry you’ve had a bad cycle and hope you feel well again soon. Don’t rush yourself though, you need time to recover.
Don’t worry - my stamina comes and goes, I’m just taking advantage of it while it’s here!
J

Hi Julie’

Feels great doesn’t it? Well done, the worst is over. I finished mine last thursday and can’t believe how well i’ve been this time. Got rads coming up at end of month but i’m sure that will be a walk in the park after chemo. Bought myself a new wig to celebrate the end yesterday!!
Hope you sail through the rest of your treatment hun, take care
Tracy
xx

Judith, sorry to hear that you’ve not been so lucky with your last one and i hope you’re on the mend as soon as
Tracy
xx

wooohoooo congratulations on finishing your chemo…had my last poisoning 4 weeks ago and feel great. I think cos it was the last one…kind of had a major last push and the relief of it being over might have made me feel a lot better if that makes sense. I bounced back a lot quicker after the last one…which was great. And now 4 weeks on, start rads on monday, already had the planning bit done, my hair is like a seriously disgruntled just got out of hibernation hedgehog lol. The weight is starting to come off…the bloating is all gone…my jeans waistband isnt as tight as what it was…ahhhh normality I can almost reach you now

Oh, Buttons,thanks for the hope that the weight will start to come off after chemo. I have my last one on 29th August and I am feeling like Mrs Blobby. I guess it’s a mix of steroids, no exercise and comfort eating.

Good luck to everyone who has finished chemo. Can’t wait to join you

Sharon, x

Nice one ladies!!

Congratulations to all you chemo finishers! I am soooooooo jealous!!! I am 2/3 of the way through my E-CMF, due to finish early Oct, bloods and stuff permitting! I must admit I feel much happier now that the ‘end’ is in sight, even though I’ve got rads and Herceptin afterwards.

It always great to hear from you guys that have finished chemo. It reminds those of us that may be struggling with it a bit that we’re not always gonna feel like s*it, and it will come to an end.

Take care and best wishes for the rest of your treatment,

Kelly
-x-

Conratulations Girls !!!

I had my seventh chemo on Friday and my last one is on 31st August, and I CANT WAIT !!! I’ve still got a long way to go (mastectomy, rads and herceptin) but all that has to be a walk in the park compared to this chemo lark ! I’ll be so glad to get these toxins out my system and start feeling relatively normal again!

Lots of love to you all

Julie xxx

5 down, 3 to go over here. Should it be feeling better now that I’m past half way? Sort of does but doesn’t quite make up for feeling like the stuffings been pulled out…

I’ve still got the op and rads to look forward to after that. Not looking forward to the op as I have a 5yo and a 2yo and very little family support. My partner will have to take time off work, drive them around and stop them bouncing on me…

mousy

Congratulations ladies on finishing your chemo … seems a long way away for me, but from all the posts hopefully will go quicker than I think.

Got my 2nd chemo on 29th Aug and as yet no side effects. Got my wig in the background waiting and my eyelashes too. Although dreading my hair falling out, I am ready, well as ready as I can be. After my chemo think I might be on Herceptin, but not really discussed that far ahead, just been told I am HER2+. I am 39 with 3 yr old and 9 month old, so they keep me busy and take my mind of all this. But show me no mercy whatsoever.

Anyway, take care everyone

Love
Dawn
x

Hello,
Not been here for a very long while and clicked through to the site today after reading some news on fb about a new drug approval. Good stuff…

Anyway… It took a while to find my account or my old posts, and when I spotted this one I was struck by the coincidence that it’s the fifth anniversary of my last chemo this very week .

So a cheerful celebratory post from me, tempered with sadness that not all the people whose posts helped me through difficult times five years ago are still around. And that other people I know well are still dealing with treatment…

And as for that energy?? It must be being five years older, but I don’t know what was going on there!

Lots of love to everyone xx Julie(54now)

Finished mine Thursday and boy did it feel good, even tho it took 5 goes to get the cannula in! I got quite excited going knowing it was the last one. I normally went dragging my feet, feeling sick and building myself up to it for 2 or 3 days beforehand. SEs so far nothing like last 5, is it end of chemo euphoria? However every time I’ve said this I come down with a big bang. Monday and Tuesday are usually down days emotionally and then a few more crappy days, so will wait to see what tomorrow brings.
Well done to all, we did it !!!
Gaynor xx

Had my last one on the 8th August after 3fec & 3tax. Boy did it feel good, I danced into the chemo suite & bumped into my surgeon who said she could tell it was my last by the big beam on my face. Crashed when the tax truck hit, but had my first nice coffee for weeks this morning & realised I will be able to drink it every day now without that vile taste. Been happy all day as a result. Easily pleased these days!

We have done it!!!

S x

congratulations on finishing and well done for getting through it. Perhaps your down days wont be so bad knowing they’re the last ones?

I was thinking about all of you having chemo when I was in our tent the last 2 weeks. We wouldn’t have managed to go on holiday this year, if I’d accepted the chemo offered. I was borderline as to whether it would be of much benefit, alongside hormone therapy, so I took a calculated risk to not have it.

My relief at not having 18 weeks of poisoning, and being able to enjoy a holiday, was tempered with guilt (of course. - - BC should be re-named guilty disease??) about all those of you struggling through.

Wishing you all well - glad to see you still ‘out of the woods’ Julie49/54.

As you say rads are a walk in the park compared to what you’ve already done - but be prepared for tiredness!

MAny many congratulations - I am just at the two year anniversary of having finsihed mine and it still feels like a huge achievement - when tricky life events happen I still say if I can get thru chemo I can get through this! best of luck with the rest of your treatment and take it esay / be kind to yourself, N