Last visit to consultant

Hello Ladies, Sorry I haven’t visited for awhile but wanted to share with you what happened to me when I saw my consultant yesterday.
Last time I saw her was in October last year. Very nice woman. Fantastic bedside manner. I’m always very jittery and nervous just before a check-up, emotional, crying at the drop of a hat.
While examining me she was telling me how well she thought I’d coped with everything and that just made me cry!!! Daft and soppy my husband says, she surprised me by giving me a cuddle and just letting me cry on her shoulder ( I’m crying now just thinking about it). She said it’s good to have a cry, helps to accept and deal with a serious and profound situation. ( she lost me when she started using big words like profound). Where’s this all leading you ask???
Well, it’s leading to the fact that I NO LONGER need to see her!! God help me I’m almost there!!! I still need to see my other consultant who did the surgery but that’s only once a year. next visit in January next year.
I’m not quite sure how I feel at the moment, bewildered, a little confused, in amongst all that I’m starting to allow myself to feel that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter every day.
What I’m really getting at is that our emotions are very important, we should show them as often as we feel the need to!!!
My LOVE AND VERY BEST TO YOU ALL
XXXXXXXXXXXX BINNERXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So pleased that you’ve had good news, it gives so much hope to all of us with a new diagnosis!
love julieXXX

Binner

Lovely to hear your news - I had my sixth chemo today (two more to go, followed by mastectomy, rads then Herceptin), and I’m finally begining to see that chink of light in the end of the very long dark tunnel!

It’s so heart warming to hear your story - like the other Julie said, it gives the rest of us so much hope too.

Lots of love to you

Julie xxx

Hello Julies

I’m so very pleased you’ve taken the hope from my post.
If what we all go through gives hope and encouragement to others then I’m more than happy to be part of this group of brave courageous women

Love and huge hugs to all of you

Hi Binner, i am so very very happy for you, if you were about i’d give you a big kiss and a hug and say, go get that life back and live it to the fullxxxxxxxxx your what we all hope to day one day binner, without people like you sharing with us, well, what would we have? have the happiest of lives that you can, and know that not just your family and your friends, but the numourous women and men here are all wanting you to be happy and healthy

celebrate your lfe, like nothing you have celebrated before, you more than derserve it, and your family

all my very special love

Alison xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for your post we need to hear this sort of news Good luck Eileen

Hello there Ladies ( and gents)
Thankyou sooooo much for your lovely comments, with the encouragement you’ve given me I can’t fail but to be healthy and happy. Sharing our experiences helps is part of our healing process and gives us what we need to keep going in what might seem like impossible situations. I’ll always come back to visit you as this is where I have so much in common with so many brave people.

Take care of you
Love Binner xxxxxxx

Hi Binner I am so pleased to have read your posting I to havent been on for a while as I had my last chemo 3 weeks ago. I saw the consultant the same day after chemo he said I was doing great. I feel fantastic I am just waiting to hear about a new job I applied for I went for the interview last week I didnt know weather to say about my breast cancer or not then I thought sod it its sink or swim. So during the interview I said to her I may as well tell you know before we go any further Ive had a masectomy and 8 sessions of chemo. She said to me snap so have I it was like a god send to me. She had had her BC the year before me so I was so glad I told her.I do still have a few aches and pains but nothing I cant cope with. I do have to start 5 years of Arimadex tomorrow I just hope the side effects arent to bad I just want to get back to normal living if thats possible I do feel my life is getting back on track now and I hope yours is to You Take Care Love Linda xxxxxxxxxxx