cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaking!!

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Leaking!!

just been seen by my BCN & consultant and theyve decided no Rads till my blister has gone !! Going to aspirate it every 3-4 days - there goes my plan for finishing before Christmas. They all look a bit gobsmacked when they look at my boob as its away from my scars - Im wondering if it was caused by the first aspiration !!

Di x

Highlighted

Glad its stopped leaking... Good luck for today and hope you can start your treatment xx

Highlighted

hi Nickif

i had my op 28th sept , 7 weeks now , feels like a life time ago, i healed lovely after the op.  my scars are still good just my leaking blister which is annoying , it has stopped and looks a bit like an old scar now lovely !

sometimes i wish i hadnt had it as i was well before !! 

going to see BCN today & hopefully get the all clear to start on thurs

Di x

Highlighted

I go on Wed for my results, dreading them, just hope node biopsy is clear and lump and margins are clear then I will have Rads. As you say, would like it all done by Xmas but I doubt it now. 

Didi, when did you have your op? x

Highlighted

ive had the same problem and its not nice is it !! 

only thing is i think it will delay my rads which will then get in the way of my plans for christmas which involves going away to a log cabin in scotland !!!

Di x

Highlighted

Loads came out yesterday but been to nurse today and she is really pleased with it, no more wants to come out and boob back to normal size. Pretty disgusting though lol!

Highlighted

When that happened to me the nurse gave me incontinence pads to put in my bra and mop up the liquid. Worked a treat and I was able to go out and about without worrying.

Highlighted

Its still seeping out a bit, got gauze to keep it clean. Back to see nurse tomorrow to see how it is. It is calming down and my boob is no where near as painful so good all the yukky stuff is coming out, however gross it is!

Highlighted

I had an infection like that and had it drained a few times, then I had to "milk" it in the shower, like expressing for a baby! It should calm down soon - keep it very clean and sterile.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Lovely!!!At least you are more comfortable.
Highlighted

Thanks Jill. Just been to see nurse at my doctors and she said it was the infection I have finding its way out, I have been on the anitbiotics since Tuesday. She got loads more out yuk! I now know why I was in so much pain as it feels so much better now and my boob is back to its normal size!

Highlighted
Community Champion

You may have had a Seroma (build up of fluid) that has some how found its way out.I had one drained after my lumpectomy .
Highlighted

Leaking!!

I had an infection and now on anitbiocs (lumpectomy 4th Nov) Been feeling much better today, pottering about the house getting a few jobs done and next thing is I am soaked down the front of my t-shirt. Took it off and my bra and looks like its come from my wound. yuk! I have rang the doctor and waiting for him to call me back but has anyone else experienced this? My boob actually looks better, not so swollen.!!