Leicester Younger Women's Forum - June 2012

I just wanted to say big, big thank you for all the support I received over the past two days (and especially today from Steph & Carol for all their help when my car was broken into )
To all the girls, I wish you luck in your journeys and hopto that we all stay in touch!

Anne xx

Hi Anne,

Lovely to see you on here. It was really lovely to meet you & I hope your car has been sorted out etc.
I thoroughly enjoyed the two days & meeting new people.
Love Lisa xx

I second what Anne has said. BCC thank you to all the people involved & all the lovely ladies I have met. I enjoyed the 2 days so much. If you get the chance to attend one of the younger women’s forums please do. They are brilliant
Lisa xx

Hi ladies, so lovely to see you on here :slight_smile:
Was fab meeting you, the two days felt a lot longer, in a good way, mainly because of meeting such wonderfully strong and inspiring ladies such as you guys. I was quite sad the two days ended!
I got far more out of the forum than I expected and can’t thank BCC enough for organising it. Saturday was quite emotionally draining for me, which surprised me, but it was also quite cathartic - I’m not usually given to crying in front of people I’ve just met, so it’s a testament to how supportive everyone was that I felt I could do!
Please do keep in touch - Anne, please send me details of the strawberry tea you’re having - fingers crossed I’ll be good to go! And will come armed with cake :wink:
Lots of love and take care
Emma xxx

From me too. Can’t thank you all enough for a fabulous 2 days. Everybody was lovely and the staff and volunteers equally fab x

Hi Ladies,
I totally agree with all the things you have said about the forum.
Big thank you to the staff and BCC for putting on the event.
I have been touched by every lady I met there… you are all wonderful.
It is the first time, since diagnosis 3 months ago, that I have felt able to be me… and able to talk freely.
I wish all of you the best and hope we all stay in touch.
Big hug to you ladies!!! xx

Hi Emma,
I know what you mean about feeling sad when it ended. I was quite emotional on returning home. It really has helped me though. I sat with my husband this afternoon & went through all the things we covered at the forum. I think he could really see how it had helped me (even thugh I cried at one point telling him about Kelly) But good tears not bad.
It would be great for us all to meet up again in the future & stay in touch. I hope all goes well for you in the future.
Loads of love Lisa xx