Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lesions in ribs and very worried

2 REPLIES 2
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Lesions in ribs and very worried

Hi Nicky,
Thank you for the quick reply and so glad someone did reply, yes, I am worried and can't wait for Tuesday to come, my friend sent me a PDF report from the USA and over 3,000 scans they did only 9% had gone on to be a return of cancer...so here's hoping.
My tumor was Oestrogen/progesterone negative and HER2 Triple negative, I am not on any meds after my op because I have no switches in my body to turn on any hormone treatments.
I have been reading up on some threads on the site ( wished I'd looked here 1st!)as I read something on the net that really scared me silly last week....why do we do this!.
You get lulled into a false sence of security thinking you feel ok so everything must be ok.
Thank you once again for your advice, it is very much appreciated and I will come back to tell you the result.
Take care and best wishes to you.
Carol

nicky08
Community Champion

Re: Lesions in ribs and very worried

Hi Caltech
I think your doctor means he can see what may be bone mets and therefore wants you to have a bone scan to confirm whether this is the case or not. There are other reasons for anomalies on X rays so the bone scan would be the right step to take to make any diagnosis. Hopefully it is not bone mets and maybe some shadowing or something. If it is bone mets there are many treatments available in the chemo line to treat them, I noticed you put triple Neg but also HER2? As they have said, try not to worry, but we all know how impossible this is!
Good luck for next week and I hope others may be along to add their experiences. BTW although my diagnosis wasn't through an X ray I do have bone mets so know exactly where you are right now with worrying.
Nicky

Guest user
Not applicable

Lesions in ribs and very worried

Hi all,
I was diagnosed with grade 3 HER2 triple negative breast cancer in June 09 and had a lumpectomy for a 19mm tumor with no nodes involved, Chemo and rads, I have been free for just over 2 years, recently I went for a routine chest x-ray and when I went back for the result the doctor said the problem I thought I had was ok but Lesions have been found in your 9th-10th ribs???.
I will have a bone scan next week but I am very frightened at what might be the result.
They have said it's not all Black and White and not to worry..but hey, when you have had cancer before that's where your mind is..true?.
Has anyone out there had any problems like this after surgery.
caltech x