73.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrozole (Femara) and Zoladex(goserelin)

2 REPLIES 2
keeks

Re: Letrozole (Femara) and Zoladex(goserelin)

Had my first oncology appointment yesterday,

I have agreed to radiotherapy,  but have delayed hormone therapy untill it's finished.

I feel that emotionally I can only deal with one thing at a time. I have had continuous problems since my WLI. A second op to clear an abbess,  four weeks of having my wound packed and on thursday the metal clip put in during surgery to mark my tumour site fell out. 

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who is on this combination of hormones, or who delayed their hormone therapy.

we all have to make our own decisions, and live with those decisions,  and I've made mine,  feels like I'm taking some control over my treatment. 

Keeks

June_BCC

Re: Letrozole (Femara) and Zoladex(goserelin)

Hello Keeks

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

keeks

Letrozole (Femara) and Zoladex(goserelin)

I have my first oncology appointment on Friday

it will be to discuss rad and also hormone treatment.  I was given leaflets for these two hormones which is the treatment decided for me. The surgeon gave the impression the cost can outway the benefits on this treatment and the percentage benefit would not be that much. Although he did not give me actual figures.

tamoxifen would be the best treatment for me but I have had a previous blood clot so I can't take it.

can anyone let me know how they reacted to this treatment as I am considering not having it.

thoughts please.

keeks