Letrozole - When do you take it ?

I always took my Letrozole in the morning with breakfast and had the side effects during the day …including the sicky taste in my mouth; flushes; headache. Over the last week I’ve changed and take it at bedtime. So far so good …daytime symptoms have all but disappeared as I suppose they happen in the 8 hrs I’m asleep. Hope this continues and might help others too

Hi I am hoping someone out there is maybe getting similar side affects has me,I started letrozole about 5weeks ago.I have been getting stomach aches and bladder problems,the last couple of days I have been spotting which I am a little concerned has I went through the menopause 9yrs ago.going for a scan this week.maybe it’s the letrozole (hoping) x

Hi im taking these tablets and feel very sickly and headaches plus taste in my mouth and tired…I was going to see about changing them but I think I will try taking them at night time thanks x

Hiya Tweeks That’s exactly how I felt - sicky feeling and headaches etc but by taking at bedtime I’m sleeping thro the side effects - worth giving it a try Good luck xx Let me know if it helps xx

Hi HelenRose thanks for that I didnt take any tablet yesterday I will start again tonight see if makes any changes…Im not a good sleeper anyway and have been waking up feeling sick during the night while taking them in the morning but Im willing to give it a try thanks fingers crossed .I start my radio therapy tomorrow Im bit co fused after readi g things on here feels like I dont k ow what to expect now its about a hours drive away and Im wondering now will I be ok to drive myself everyday for three weeks Im still sore from the opp and my underarm is still pai full from removing lymths hope I will be ok and hope not gonna be going through to much more pain just cant wait to feel normal again x

Hi Neath Poor you …I had shooting pains for a while but that was the radiotheraphy not the letrozole - still get them a bit now 7 months after treatment ended. BC nurse said it’s quite normal. I’m sure things will settle down and you’ll feel stronger soon xx

Hi HelenRose well I took my letrozole at bedtime woke up feeling a little sick at 4am. Lets see what today brings Im starting my radio therapy this morning for 3 weeks.I will keep taking Letrozole at night fingers crossed will keep you posted thanks x

Hi HelenRose just letting you know im on day two if taking my Latrozole at bedtime instead of morning ive had two good days just feeling a little sick tonight but maybe it will settle down in time but yes its better to take at night time I Will continue to do so .thanks for the help xx

Hi Suziex how come you changed from tamoxifen? Im going to start taking my codliver oil at night time too fingers crossed xx

Hi Tweeks How did radiotheraphy go? All ok I hope x

I Didnt have it … I was all ready for it and they just gave me a scan and tattooed me ready for when I start it on the 9th June …thanks for asking Xx

HI Suziex thanks for getting back to me I just wonderd how they decided who took what… Ive just finished my first month of letrozole and start my new box tonight Ive just fot used to the SE and the new box is a different brand but same tablet hope the SE dont change my sickness isnt as bad with taking at night instead of morning time…I start my radio therapy next tuesday on the 9th. Xx

Hi Helen Rose just letting you know my sickness has been a lot better by taki g my letrozole night time instead of morning ive just finished my first months packet and ive got a new packet but different brand hope SE dont change im feeling better now things are settleing down ive been going on long walks to keep my fittness up…my opp seems to be on the mend now and I start my radii therapy on tuesday the 9th hope your feeling ok xx

Hi Tweeks I’m so pleased to hear that things are a bit better Hope new brand doesn’t cause any upset Good luck for rads on 9th …I’m fine thanks and on the up and up …bit achy but think that’s just being 52 ! Like you I love long walks Really clears my head as well Take care x

Thanks for the reminder about cholesterol …I’ll ask for mine to be done in Sept after being on them a year. It was ironic as in the three weeks before diagnosis in July 2014 I had full blood tests done and glucose and cholesterol were really good; my smear test was clear was feeling great but the whammy was my first routine mammogram & bingo they found BC xx

That was same for me firsr time I had a clear smear test without recall and then had mamagram and bingo BC. Ive learnt more now that I need get my bloods done and cholesterol checked is this because of taking Letrozole ?

Didn’t take Letrozol this morning at 9am, going to take tonight before I go to bed in the hope that the effects will wear off through the night… fingers crossed. Taking 10mg Statins also,  double aching joints. Let you know ?