HueyL

Re: Letrozole and high cholestrol

Thanks Linth x

Linth

Thanks Sam
Linth

Hi HueyL, Hopefully yours hasn't been affected. I'm still trying to find out all the alternatives. Will keep you posted.
HueyL

HI Linth, I have been taking Letrozole also since May,also haven't had any problems,but have just read side effects and one of those is high cholesterol. I had high cholesterol before taking this and did not discuss this with my oncologist. I had better get it checked again, I too would worry about taking statins. I have always been slim and fit and have always watched my diet. I think mine must be hereditary. Would be interested to see how you get on.
Sam_BCC

Hi Linth

Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with their expereinces you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the BCC helpline.  Here you can share your concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as support and practical information,  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Linth

Letrozole and high cholestrol

Hi to all, 

I've been on Letrozole for about 7 months, and besides hot flushes, I've been doing well.  I went to the GP for a routine sugar and cholestrol blood test and my cholestrol is 9!! I've never had high cholestrol before, has anyone else had this problem.  I dont know what to do because the GP wants to give me statins to lower it, and I really, really dont want to take them.