cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrozole side effects: wrists & fingers

8 REPLIES 8
Carolyn52

Re: Letrozole side effects: wrists & fingers

Yes ...I was given ok to take that but it doesn't agree with me ...
I'm sure you will be ok with evening primrose ..try not to worry too much. The trouble is unless we know these vitamins ..it's a minefield of what is ok and I suppose that's why we should all ask first.
Hugs xxxx
Sue C
Community Champion

I've always taken a multi vitamin with iron. Is that OK do you think?

Carolyn52

I don't know where the list is but I'm sure I was told this my oncologist maybe ? I asked about cod liver oil and vitamin c first too ..that was ok. Isnt it st John's wort also that is a no no ...
Sue C
Community Champion

Oh Carolyn, I didn't know that. Where can I find the list?

Carolyn52

Charlotte
Not sure about evening primrose with letrozole though ..I'm sure I was told it was a no no as it works against hormones treatments ....maybe I'm wrong and other ladies will know more and correct me .. lots of vitamins are on the no can do list.
charlotte457

Thanks for the replies, Carolyn & Sue.

Yep, mine's Accord too, though I'm sure I've had others. I also take Efalex Brain Formula capsules (omega-3 & -6 & evening primrose). I haven't had any problems with hair thinning: I have incredibly thick hair which thinned durting my natural menopause, then thickened again. I haven't noticed it thinning since starting the letrozole.

Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Ladies

I get this too! Difficult to bend my fingers in the morning but then OK during the day. I'm on accord brand, which is the one that people prefer. But I've always been on this so can't compare. Also take cod liver oil and calcium tablets.

Generally stiff and achy throughout all joints.

Started to lose some hair, which is a little concerning so I avoid combing and washing where possible!

Sue xx

Carolyn52

Hello Charlotte

Welcome to the letrozole club. .yep you have got the normal side effects ..my wrists almost play a tune with creaks ..but I also do tapestry a lot and pressure on the joints ...I also text a lot on phone too ..so self inflicted.
I take cod liver oil daily ..might be just in the mind but I'm sure it helps ...
I insist on Accord brand now as it's the best of the bunch for me .... hair thinning has been my worst thing. ..
Hugs xx
charlotte457

Letrozole side effects: wrists & fingers

Hi, I've been taking Letrozole for about six months and everything was fine until a few weeks ago. I now wake up with stiff, painful finger joints, and sometimes my wrists feel odd and painful. This can go off, or it can continue through the day.

I had been addicted to crocheting (I even used to do it whlie waiting for radiotherapy each day), then I went through a month or two when I lost interest (I had a bad Crohn's flare up which knocked the stuffing out of me and took some time to get over). I've started crocheting again and now the hand pains are putting a stop to that. Could they be related to the Letrozole? Does anyone else get it, and what can I do about it?

I notice someone mentioned taking viamin.C.I used to take vitamin C & Zinc, as well as vitamin B complex, but I was taking so many pills that I stopped taking them when I started the Letrozole. Would it help to go back on them?

And do different brands of Letrozole do different things to you? I haven't made a note of which brands I've been given, as everything seemed fine, but I've had two or three different ones, I think.Do symptoms kick in after a certain time?