1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrozole treatment

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Letrozole treatment

sorry that reads as a load of rubbish - had a phone call as I was typing.
I wish you well. This forum will give you loads of support and help.
B

Hi Katie lou.

I Knew there was something wrong for some time before I went to doctor. I now feel that was the bravest thing any of us do, because we are admitting there is a problem

I had Lobular cancer and was started on anastrozole (same thing) straight away.

Like you it didn't show up on the routine mammogram a few months before, but eventually showe dup on  mRI and another paych which I couldn't feel.

I had my sentinal lymph nodes removed first, tested - CLEAR - phew and then had a mreatment in different mastex which I am recovering from now.

I think from what I read we are are all different and need treatment in different ways and time scahedules.

Please speak to your BCN or GP or consultant - they are usually only topleased to answr questions

Chin up

beryl

Hi Katielou2

Welcome to the BCC forums, I'm sorry to read of your recent diagnosis.  Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with experiences you might find it helpful to give the helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with a member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open today 10 to 2pm and weekdays 9 to 5pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Letrozole treatment

Hi, I am newly diagnosed with a grade 2 invasive lobular cancer, strongly ER+, HER2 results not yet available. Lymph nodes palpable in armpit, CT scan clear, MRI shows other breast clear.
I feel awful - so guilty as I ignored changes in my breast for many months as I had just had a routine mammogram which was reported normal and terrified of doctors! I can't believe how stupid I have been and how I may have jepodised potential for successful treatment and putting my family through this.
Anyway, changes in breast obviously significant and it seems surgery would be difficult at this time as no clear margins. I have been started on letrozole and Zoladex as not quite post menopausal, to have repeat biopsy in 3weeks to see if responding and if so to continue for 6 months then have surgery.
It just isn't what I expected - I thought surgery would be a priority and was mentally prepared for this.
I just wondered if anyone else had had letrozole or alternative as initial treatment or if this is unusual and due to my late presentation, I am feeling too stupid/anxious to ask professionals as I suppose I don't really want to hear answer.
I feel like the only person who has ignored symptoms and very pessimistic about potential of treatment to be successful. It is really difficult to admit this to family and friends - I am normally in control and look after everyone else.